Lets drop Notre Dame from our schedule | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Lets drop Notre Dame from our schedule

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
N’est pas
Perhaps, "n'est-ce pas" but maybe in jest? I would be surprised at Sifaka making such a faux pas as "ness pah". :confused:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Geno and Muffet come from the same source in coaching. Both have strong views and are dedicated coaches. I truly enjoy beating ND, until Uconn beats them. The contest between coaches and teams make the loss not so palatable.
The head to head contest between Geno/Muffett has been the grease that moved Women's basketball into the forefront. People that would never view Women in any games sought out these games. It was better for Women's BB and sports than all the U Tenn games combined. The sport has evolved to the point you now see because of 3 people Pat, Geno, Muffet.
[/QU
In 2005 the Uconn and Tennessee rivalry was ranked 2nd out of 20 of the best CBB rivalries of all time! The only rivalry that was better is North Carolina and Duke Men! It was playing against Pat Summitt and Tennessee vs Geno and Connecticut that changed womens basketball! Notre Dame didn't even win a Big East Tournament Championship until their last year in the league!

Reaction Score
I was at the last ND game at Gampel--it was a sellout, it was loud and
a great atmosphere. It's not always that way at many of the games.
Uconn vs Tennessee regular season game in 2006 had over 24,000 people at TBA!

Reaction Score
Let’s think about this in a broader context. ND didn’t want to play in Hockey East with UCONN. ND only wanted to schedule a football series with UCONN if we played our return games in Boston or New York. I say we get our AD to play hardball with ND>. You want to play the premier franchise in women’s basketball, then you need to schedule us in Football,
Football!!! Really!!#

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Football!!! Really!!#
Padutch is pointing out the arrogance of ND as an institution. IMO MM is at the right school, being the arrogant coach and person that she has shown. In the context of this thread and conversation, I think the post is relevant. But, that's just my opinion.

Reaction Score
Again, not saying Muffet can’t coach. But I don’t think she belongs as one of the cornerstones of WCBB like Pat and Geno. That’s altogether different than not giving her credit. On another note, just read the ND board to see that she’s not exactly covering herself in glory with how she is handling this season.
Again, that's your choice. Not mine. I don't think many if any would handle well the terrible season she is having. After years of success it is tough on the ego to find one in her situation. However, if she is treating her players as poorly as has been reported on this thread the future for her isn't bright. Yet, we cannot discount her successful history in WCBB.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Again, not saying Muffet can’t coach. But I don’t think she belongs as one of the cornerstones of WCBB like Pat and Geno. That’s altogether different than not giving her credit. On another note, just read the ND board to see that she’s not exactly covering herself in glory with how she is handling this season.
ND’s posters are generally thoughtful and about as objective as someone can be on a fan forum. Unlike many LV posters, they don’t just trash their team in a knee jerk fashion whenever something goes wrong.

With that in mind, I read with some interest their posts on the current situation with ND WBB. Most indicate that MM needs to tone it down and coach up the team she has rather than publicly criticizing them for not being the team she wants. While most are optimistic about the team’s future, there is a hint of concern about what may happen if players continue to transfer and recruits don’t pan out.

Reaction Score
ND’s posters most indicate that MM needs to tone it down and coach up the team she has rather than publicly criticizing them for not being the team she wants. While most are optimistic about the team’s future, there is a hint of concern about what may happen if players continue to transfer and recruits don’t pan out.

Careful here, O'Dude. Don't want MM figuring out too much about why she's failing. Sipping this tea in front of us now passes the time nicely. no?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Careful here, O'Dude. Don't want MM figuring out too much about why she's failing. Sipping this tea in front of us now passes the time nicely. no?
Considering that MM inexplicably blocked Stewie from her social media posts, I seriously doubt that she spends time surfing the BY. In any event, all MM needs to do is take a brief look at the friendly fire from ND posters on McGraw’s Bench and she’ll get the same message from her own fan base.

Reaction Score
ND’s posters are generally thoughtful and about as objective as someone can be on a fan forum. Unlike many LV posters, they don’t just trash their team in a knee jerk fashion whenever something goes wrong.

With that in mind, I read with some interest their posts on the current situation with ND WBB. Most indicate that MM needs to tone it down and coach up the team she has rather than publicly criticizing them for not being the team she wants. While most are optimistic about the team’s future, there is a hint of concern about what may happen if players continue to transfer and recruits don’t pan out.
Dude, I also read the ND forum and appears that many of the traditional posters are reducing their input. Other than requesting MM to tone down her negative input, what else can you say about the year they are having?

Reaction Score

I am a UConn Women's fan and supporter. I respect good coaching by men or women. Muffet over the last 20 years or more has been a top coach. I respect that as I respect Pat (Pre Alzhiemers). Early in Uconn WCBB history they Played the best there were and many now are not in that category, except Uconn and ND (until this year)
LSU, La Tech (haven't heard that in a while have you?) ODU (that too. The point is : To stay at the top of a Schools game is near impossible yet, again until this year, Geno and Muffet maintained excellence in BB.
I am first and foremost a UCWBB fan. I followed UC Men and ND Men , Arkansas Men, even UMass Men for years good BB was good BB. Believe it or not some of the old Yankee Conf was plain fun to watch. The Uconn kids that played in the old Field House gave it their all while being academically involved.
I'm a UCWBB fan.

Reaction Score
Considering that MM inexplicably blocked Stewie from her social media posts, I seriously doubt that she spends time surfing the BY. In any event, all MM needs to do is take a brief look at the friendly fire from ND posters on McGraw’s Bench and she’ll get the same message from her own fan base.
Coaching at the Div one level, with the demands coming from 1000 corners of the country is tough on a Coach/Human. Some have the ability to partition, but I don't think they last long. Muffet is not gracious in losses or adversity--I'm not either. Lombardi said: Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Not totally true but close. Even Geno, on occasions, will not react as the Pope is supposed to (recently HE reacted improperly). Humans should not be held so high they can't show human weaknesses without critizism. I find that hard to do--I expect all, except me, to be perfect.

Reaction Score
Let’s think about this in a broader context. ND didn’t want to play in Hockey East with UCONN. ND only wanted to schedule a football series with UCONN if we played our return games in Boston or New York. I say we get our AD to play hardball with ND>. You want to play the premier franchise in women’s basketball, then you need to schedule us in Football,
I’d rather keep our fb record against them undefeated. We’re not ready.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Coaching at the Div one level, with the demands coming from 1000 corners of the country is tough on a Coach/Human. Some have the ability to partition, but I don't think they last long. Muffet is not gracious in losses or adversity--I'm not either. Lombardi said: Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Not totally true but close. Even Geno, on occasions, will not react as the Pope is supposed to (recently HE reacted improperly). Humans should not be held so high they can't show human weaknesses without critizism. I find that hard to do--I expect all, except me, to be perfect.
I agree with everything you say, but MM clearly lacks a filter when she blurts out her thoughts, and while we all say things we wish we didn’t from time to time, most of us are not in a very visible position of leadership at one of the most prestigious institutions in the world.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom