Lets Compare Recruits & Transfers vs. Opponents this year | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lets Compare Recruits & Transfers vs. Opponents this year

Reaction Score
You do realize we went to a bowl game two years ago as an Independent?
Yes and with all due respect with what you bring to this forum, I am sure you notice how much I have constantly liked your posts and information.
I made the trip and attended the blowout with two others. With only Notre Dame and UConn left as independents, just what kind of respectable bowl does one think UConn would be invited to? This To be fodder once again?
It will take a double digit of wins to make a bowl game and it will not be with a comparable opponent with our strength of schedule.
Just keeping it real here.

Reaction Score
With only Notre Dame and UConn left as independents, just what kind of respectable bowl does one think UConn would be invited to? This To be fodder once again?

It will take a double digit of wins to make a bowl game and it will not be with a comparable opponent with our strength of schedule.

Define “respectable bowl” w/ “comparable opponent”? I’m not sure what that means.

FWIW: In 2024 UMass is still an Independent.

Reaction Score
9 wins would absolutely get us both respect and a bowl.
in a fair world, 9 wins should land us a really nice bowl vs a decent P4 team, like pinstripe bowl or fenway bowl, but with bowl/conference agreements and our overall garbage luck we'd probably get the dust bowl vs. New Mexico State... in New Mexico.

Reaction Score
Yes and with all due respect with what you bring to this forum, I am sure you notice how much I have constantly liked your posts and information.
I made the trip and attended the blowout with two others. With only Notre Dame and UConn left as independents, just what kind of respectable bowl does one think UConn would be invited to? This To be fodder once again?
How is 28-14 a blowout and getting picked at the Marshall 8 with about 5 minutes to go? They fought back from practically giving the game away early... What kind of bowl does any team get at 6-6 if not in P2 or 4? At 10-2 there is a shot at being the G5 rep.

Reaction Score
At 10-2 there is a shot at being the G5 rep.
Unfortunately that isn’t likely. It’s the top-5 highest ranked conference champions. UConn as an independent would need to be an at large selection (top 7 non-champs in the Playoff rankings) over the P4 (well mostly P2) also rans.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom