Let's bury the NCAA | The Boneyard

Let's bury the NCAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Okay here is the path I decided on. Let us flood the NCAA with emails informing them of public opinion of this action.

I have posted this on Facebook, please consider taking action and sharing it with your Facebook friends.

The please consider burying the NCAA and its compliance office under a deluge of emails protesting their handling of Geno Auriemma's gracious phone all to the coverage team at the LL World Series to give encouragement to Mo'ne Davis.
Write your own note or send the following

To the compliance office of the NCAA,

Your recent finding of Geno Auriemma guilty of a Secondary Recruiting Violation is beyond the absurd and inconsistent even with your own rules. Mo'ne Davis is not in high school and Coach Auriemma did not call her, her parents, or her representative as per rule 13.1.3.1.4 but rather called the coverage team for LL after checking with the Connecticut Compliance Office. At the suggestion of the coverage team who mentioned Mo'ne was present the phone was handed to her. Coach Auriemma encouraged her and the team in their play and no, nada, zilch basketball or recruiting was involved. It is inane actions like this that has led the NCAA to become a laughingstock today under the leadership of Mike Emmert.

There was nothing hidden in any of Coach Auriemma's action since they occurred openly on national LL coverage. If the NCAA wants to begin regaining any credibility the first step is to follow your own rules and to make public apology to a coach who was only encouraging a kid to chase her dreams the very work the NCAA should be doing.

Thank you,
(Insert your name)

https://www.facebook.com/ncaastudents

Let's flood the NCAA and let them know how inane we consider their action.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Ice

Could you give an E-mail address to send to
Okay here is the path I decided on. Let us flood the NCAA with emails i

Ice
Love the idea
but need an E address to send
I don't do Facebook

Reaction Score
Sounds like an idea. Just make sure to correct the name to Mark Emmert.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
There is no e-mail "contact us" on the NCAA website. http://www.ncaa.com/contact-us They are a Don't contact us, we'll contact you kind of organization. However you can call! 317-917-6222 or tie up the fax line 317-917-6888. I will be sending a crude remark in bold letters by fax...something about your rapidly self-destructive hypocritical descent having accelerated 10 mph with the Mon'e Geno fiasco!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Whoever is doing the facebook thing is doing a good job. It's been in the top 3 trending all day which is pretty impressive considering that's usually reserved for the Kardashians!

Reaction Score
Great idea. The NCAA is already doing a great job of burying itself, we can just speed things along! :D

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The NCAA is taking down any issues raised with the ruling from the Facebook page.

Reaction Score
I have a slight problem with thi
Okay here is the path I decided on. Let us flood the NCAA with emails informing them of public opinion of this action.

I have posted this on Facebook, please consider taking action and sharing it with your Facebook friends.

The please consider burying the NCAA and its compliance office under a deluge of emails protesting their handling of Geno Auriemma's gracious phone all to the coverage team at the LL World Series to give encouragement to Mo'ne Davis.
Write your own note or send the following

To the compliance office of the NCAA,

Your recent finding of Geno Auriemma guilty of a Secondary Recruiting Violation is beyond the absurd and inconsistent even with your own rules. Mo'ne Davis is not in high school and Coach Auriemma did not call her, her parents, or her representative as per rule 13.1.3.1.4 but rather called the coverage team for LL after checking with the Connecticut Compliance Office. At the suggestion of the coverage team who mentioned Mo'ne was present the phone was handed to her. Coach Auriemma encouraged her and the team in their play and no, nada, zilch basketball or recruiting was involved. It is inane actions like this that has led the NCAA to become a laughingstock today under the leadership of Mike Emmert.

There was nothing hidden in any of Coach Auriemma's action since they occurred openly on national LL coverage. If the NCAA wants to begin regaining any credibility the first step is to follow your own rules and to make public apology to a coach who was only encouraging a kid to chase her dreams the very work the NCAA should be doing.

Thank you,
(Insert your name)

https://www.facebook.com/ncaastudents

I have a slight problem with this, it isn't the compliance officer who is the problem. He/she is just following up on complaints, no matter how ridiculous they seem. And absurd as it seems, in their opinion there was actually an infraction by Geno. The NCAA is an easy target, but they are trying to do a very difficult job that obligates them to check up on violation complaints.

Geno talked to a 13 year old girl who showed an interest in UCONN and someone lost their mind. That isn't the NCAA's fault. I don't always agree with what they do but I certainly see a need for them. If they weren't there I dread to think of what college sports would be like.

JMHO.

Reaction Score
The fax # of the NCAA National Office is:

317-917-6888

I faxed my note on Geno/Mo'ne violation this morning!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I have it on good authority that Muffett was seen talking to a 14 year old, very tall girl who was sitting at the table next to her at Bob Evans. Supposedly she said "please pass the ketchup since I notice you have a 6'10" wing span. You should think about being a soccer goalkeeper."

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
If you have Twitter, you can tweet out your displeasure too. @ncaa

Cool! thank you....limitations of twitter will cause me to have to truncate the message somewhat, but I will get the point across as best as I can

Reaction Score
I have a slight problem with thi

I have a slight problem with this, it isn't the compliance officer who is the problem. He/she is just following up on complaints, no matter how ridiculous they seem. And absurd as it seems, in their opinion there was actually an infraction by Geno. The NCAA is an easy target, but they are trying to do a very difficult job that obligates them to check up on violation complaints.

Geno talked to a 13 year old girl who showed an interest in UCONN and someone lost their mind. That isn't the NCAA's fault. I don't always agree with what they do but I certainly see a need for them. If they weren't there I dread to think of what college sports would be like.

JMHO.
The NCAA has to investigate, but they also are under no obligation to slap UConn with a secondary violation. Meanwhile at UNC not a peep about rampant student-athlete academic fraud.

Reaction Score
The NCAA has to investigate, but they also are under no obligation to slap UConn with a secondary violation. Meanwhile at UNC not a peep about rampant student-athlete academic fraud.
Why are they not obligated to slap schools with violations if they have been committed? Isn't that the point of having a governing body? Granted, this might be the most ridiculous violation any school has ever received, but I believe they must still do their job, regardless of who the suspected violator is. If they had done nothing, then there would be an air of prejudice surrounding the incident and both the NCAA's and UCONN's reputation might be tarnished over something so absurd. I am glad they came to a conclusion and it is now over... so to speak.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Why are they not obligated to slap schools with violations if they have been committed? Isn't that the point of having a governing body? Granted, this might be the most ridiculous violation any school has ever received, but I believe they must still do their job, regardless of who the suspected violator is. If they had done nothing, then there would be an air of prejudice surrounding the incident and both the NCAA's and UCONN's reputation might be tarnished over something so absurd. I am glad they came to a conclusion and it is now over... so to speak.
My issue with this is they had to get convoluted to deem it a violation at all ... the 'she is not an average young girl but is in the news, therefore though she is only in eighth grade we deem her to be a prospective athlete'. Once you have to start parsing what happened to make it into a secondary violation it goes from 'standard procedure' to 'bone-headed pettiness' or 'power mad stupidity' in my book.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Personally, I'm thinking this has backfired spectacularly. Geno and UConn are getting tons of press... And it's mostly positive. Poor Davis feels bad... Publically.. And so it looks like the NCAA is a mean bully... And when whoever started this is finally leaked, the public firestorm against the will be scorching...

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
ThisJustIn said:
Personally, I'm thinking this has backfired spectacularly. Geno and UConn are getting tons of press... And it's mostly positive. Poor Davis feels bad... Publically.. And so it looks like the NCAA is a mean bully... And when whoever started this is finally leaked, the public firestorm against the will be scorching...

+1

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I do just want to put perspective - these sorts of citations are really, really common. This is only news because it is Geno and it was public. Go find out how many secondary violations are found in a year - thousand or more across all sports, I bet. I knew of 2 on RU in one year, both nonsense. One was allowing an enrolled recruit, before her freshman year, to take a fan club bus to see the Liberty. Technically, the bus was open to anyone that wanted to go, as long as they paid. She did. That was a violation, it would only have been worse if it wasn't at her expense.

Reaction Score

+2

And I can't wait to see it.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
THE NATIONAL COLLEGIATE ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 6222
Indianapolis, Indiana 46206-6222
317/917-6222
ncaa.org

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
If the NCAA doesn't care about what's best for its student-athletes, or what world famous coaches or member institutions want, why do we think the complaining of a handful of UConn fans is going to make a dent in its enormous sense of self-entitlement? Might as well fly to Indy and pee on the side of the building.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Nan; Not a good idea to make such suggestions. Some young hot-head like mebbe Kibs just might do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom