Leticia does not have UCONN on her list of 3 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Leticia does not have UCONN on her list of 3

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I could see a CD - Williams - Walker - Ono - Batouly starting 5.

1. Dangerfield
2. Williams
3. Walker
4. Nelson-Ododa
5. Camara
Hoping we never have to worry about this but...a couple of things trending against Camara starting next year.
1) Last three UCONN players (Tuck, Butler, Stevens) with eligibility remaining after 4 years in college chose to leave or spend it elsewhere.
2) Can't recall a UCONN player going from out of the rotation to being a starter in a single season. Camara has this season to become a part of the rotation which brings me to the most disturbing trend.
3) In the thread about first practice Batouly is wearing a brace on her left knee. Last year that brace and year long problem (bone bruise) was with her right knee.
1539288312126.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hoping we never have to worry about this but...a couple of things trending against Camara starting next year.

You sound like you're considering absolutes. But it's all relative.
Being a starter doesn't mean you're great. It just means you're better than all the alternatives.

Is Batouly gonna go to the W after this year? Highly doubtful.
Is she gonna transfer somewhere else if she could be a starter? Again, doubtful.

A long way to go, but right now she seems like the best option of what's there IMHO.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You sound like you're considering absolutes. But it's all relative.
Being a starter doesn't mean you're great. It just means you're better than all the alternatives.

Is Batouly gonna go to the W after this year? Highly doubtful.
Is she gonna transfer somewhere else if she could be a starter? Again, doubtful.
A long way to go, but right now she seems like the best option of what's there IMHO.
Agree that it is all relative. The alternatives will be Kyla, Aubrey, & Batouly.
IMO Batouly would be the least of these alternatives unless she regains the athleticism she had as a Freshmen @ Kentucky.

Attachments

• 1539290549203.png
    1539290549203.png
    465.9 KB · Views: 33

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Agree that it is all relative. The alternatives will be Kyla, Aubrey, & Batouly.
IMO Batouly would be the least of these alternatives unless she regains the athleticism she had as a Freshmen @ Kentucky.
Man Coco, you don't miss anything. I did not see the brace. Other than the brace, she looks fit (they all do). Your reasons for being pessimistic are valid (they always are) but given that the odds are against her historically, I am hoping that perseverance is rewarded and she provides the front court minutes that seemingly is desperately needed.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Man Coco, you don't miss anything. I did not see the brace. Other than the brace, she looks fit (they all do). Your reasons for being pessimistic are valid (they always are) but given that the odds are against her historically, I am hoping that perseverance is rewarded and she provides the front court minutes that seemingly is desperately needed.
We share the same hope for Batouly. The brace thing is really a reflex action from having raised two daughters in this sport which can be very unforgiving of injuries.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
We share the same hope for Batouly. The brace thing is really a reflex action from having raised two daughters in this sport which can be very unforgiving of injuries.

My reason for optimism goes back to Geno. He rarely takes transfers or JUCOs. In my short term stay on the Husky bandwagon, I can't remember any besides AZ. I am hoping that Batouly still has what Geno saw originally and that her health finally allows her to show it.

Reaction Score
- If neither Boston or Jones come to ND, the Irish would have only 9 scholarship players (plus Kaitlin Cole) to start the 2019 season.

You're forgetting transfers that are given immediate eligibility. I hear that happens, especially when one might not have enough bodies. :p

Reaction Score
you know Marshall seems to be leaning towards ND......I think DeBerry would have been a better option

If we can bridge the gap to DeBerry, there is absolutely zero doubt that she is the better player, compared to Marshall. Honestly, it's not even really that close! I would take DeBerry right now( with 2 fewer years of development) over Marshall!

Reaction Score
If we can bridge the gap to DeBerry, there is absolutely zero doubt that she is the better player, compared to Marshall. Honestly, it's not even really that close! I would take DeBerry right now( with 2 fewer years of development) over Marshall!
Marshall is 2020, and DeBerry is 2021. So that would be one year fewer.

Reaction Score
My reason for optimism goes back to Geno. He rarely takes transfers or JUCOs. In my short term stay on the Husky bandwagon, I can't remember any besides AZ. I am hoping that Batouly still has what Geno saw originally and that her health finally allows her to show it.

Brittany Hunter

Reaction Score
I’m getting quite nervous!! This might be a sign Boston heads to ND. The fact Boston had been to UCONN several times and hasn’t committed makes me think.. the fact she’s in Argentina for the 3X3 with Brunelle. I’m sure Sam is working very hard to get Boston to join her at ND. Don’t forget Paige is there as well and they could be all pulling a North Carolina pack years ago only to have them all transfer out!! But it’s got me thinking if we lose out on both Boston and Jones UCONN will be in trouble. Boston is the must get. Ono can’t be relied on being the only true big presence inside for just this year but the year after. I have a gut feeling Boston will end up at ND and it will be a shocker since most thought she was a lock.. and Jones will stay out west and head to Stanford or Oregon. My guess it will be Stanford. Any news if any recruits will be at first night tomorrow? If not what a major disappointment!!!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I’m getting quite nervous!! This might be a sign Boston heads to ND. The fact Boston had been to UCONN several times and hasn’t committed makes me think.. the fact she’s in Argentina for the 3X3 with Brunelle. I’m sure Sam is working very hard to get Boston to join her at ND. Don’t forget Paige is there as well and they could be all pulling a North Carolina pack years ago only to have them all transfer out!! But it’s got me thinking if we lose out on both Boston and Jones UCONN will be in trouble. Boston is the must get. Ono can’t be relied on being the only true big presence inside for just this year but the year after. I have a gut feeling Boston will end up at ND and it will be a shocker since most thought she was a lock.. and Jones will stay out west and head to Stanford or Oregon. My guess it will be Stanford. Any news if any recruits will be at first night tomorrow? If not what a major disappointment!!!
If you are just getting nervous now I'm not sure there is much we can do to help you. There were a couple support groups started for this kind of thing but that was months ago when Samantha committed to ND back in April.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Hope it is a 'weather' thing.

If she wants warmer winter weather, she'll be a Gamecock. Louisville and Lexington are a hair warmer than Storrs during the winter, but not appreciably so.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
How many times are you going to post this same kind of information before you realize Boneyarders understand your feelings? Just wondering.

Reaction Score
If you are just getting nervous now I'm not sure there is much we can do to help you. There were a couple support groups started for this kind of thing but that was months ago when Samantha committed to ND back in April.

I'm currently an active member of UCRWA (UConn Recruiting Worriers Anonymous)..............................well..............................I was...........................

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
if athlete's college decisions were based mainly on where schools were located Pepperdine University and NYU would be the athletics capitals of the world.....

LOL! I couldn't think of two places I'd rather not be for more than a day or two.

There really aren't many DI schools located anywhere I'd want to live in the winter, though.

Reaction Score
if athlete's college decisions were based mainly on where schools were located Pepperdine University and NYU would be the athletics capitals of the world.....

Uhh, I don't think so.

(1) Pepperdine is located 1000+ miles away from the majority of the country
(2) As for NYU, some people like their campus to, y'know, have a campus

arch

Reaction Score
Uhh, I don't think so.

1, so is Stamford, USC, Storrs.
2, NYC makes a pretty cool campus.

Reaction Score
Uhh, I don't think so.

Have you ever been to Pepperdine? Located on the cliffs above the beaches of Malibu...............I've done a bit of traveling and that is one spectacular campus and NYU is well................bordered by Houston, Broadway and 14th Street one of the great hangout areas of NYC..........

Reaction Score
Have you ever been to Pepperdine? Located on the cliffs above the beaches of Malibu.....I've done a bit of traveling and that is one spectacular campus and NYU is well......bordered by Houston, Broadway and 14th Street one of the great hangout areas of NYC.....

You made an absolute statement based on _your_ preferences. Not what college kids actually prefer.

Pepperdine is gorgeous. But most college kids want to be near-ish home.
NYC is great. I had absolutely no interest in going to undergrad there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom