Leticia does not have UCONN on her list of 3 | The Boneyard

Leticia does not have UCONN on her list of 3

Reaction Score
We've known for a while that UConn was not on her list, and/or vice versa.

UConn is still pursuing Jones & Boston, and that's it for 2019.

Reaction Score
If Uconn miss out on Jones/Boston who will play the 3 or 4 next year? I’m guessing Irwin will have an opportunity to start, unless the team goes small again and moves Williams to the 3 and Walker stays at the 4.

Reaction Score

Amihere's elimination of Notre Dame is interesting................certainly hope it's not because she's been told another certain post player is on her way there...........

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Amihere's elimination of Notre Dame is interesting......certainly hope it's not because she's been told another certain post player is on her way there......

Hope it is a 'weather' thing.

Reaction Score
If Uconn miss out on Jones/Boston who will play the 3 or 4 next year? I’m guessing Irwin will have an opportunity to start, unless the team goes small again and moves Williams to the 3 and Walker stays at the 4.

I could see a CD - Williams - Walker - Ono - Batouly starting 5.

Reaction Score
For those who worry when a recruit visits the N.D. campus, Laeticia points out that South Bend is not for everyone.

could be or maybe vice versa...............or maybe another post has taken her spot.....

Reaction Score
For those who worry when a recruit visits the N.D. campus, Laeticia points out that South Bend is not for everyone.

If I were a player and like I did when I made my college decision. The town and campus played a part. I wasn't an athlete but I get the "South Bend isn't for everyone" thing. Waco is a small town and isn't for everyone either. UConn wouldn't be a fit for me because of the weather. Being from Texas I don't think I could handle that kind of winter.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

I hesitate to question the great Raoul but I've not seen any evidence that she visited in the first place. We had the report that it was scheduled but there was no confirmation (that I am aware of) that she actually made the visit.

When Jody Demling posted weeks ago that she was down to KY, SC, and L'ville, he speculated that she would likely cancel her other visits.

Anyhow, there is ample evidence that South Bend is not for everyone as there are plenty of players who have visited and ended up elsewhere. Walker, Westbrook, Lauren Cox, Malu Tshitenge, and I'm sure plenty of others I can't recall right now.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I hesitate to question the great Raoul but I've not seen any evidence that she visited in the first place. We had the report that it was scheduled but there was no confirmation (that I am aware of) that she actually made the visit.

When Jody Demling posted weeks ago that she was down to KY, SC, and L'ville, he speculated that she would likely cancel her other visits.

Anyhow, there is ample evidence that South Bend is not for everyone as there are plenty of players who have visited and ended up elsewhere. Walker, Westbrook, Lauren Cox, Malu Tshitenge, and I'm sure plenty of others I can't recall right now.
Right. We have some posters panicking because Boston and Jones visited N.D. They need to chill and wait for November.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
C: Nelson-Ododa
F: Walker
F: Aubrey Griffin
SG: Williams
PG: Dangerfield
Camara if she returns and Kyla will be depth at C/F position.
Coombs, Gordon and Bent would have to backup the guard positions.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Amihere's elimination of Notre Dame is interesting......certainly hope it's not because she's been told another certain post player is on her way there......

Samantha is going to play in the post at ND?:eek:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If I were a player and like I did when I made my college decision. The town and campus played a part. I wasn't an athlete but I get the "South Bend isn't for everyone" thing. Waco is a small town and isn't for everyone either. UConn wouldn't be a fit for me because of the weather. Being from Texas I don't think I could handle that kind of winter.
As a long time New Englander also living in Texas, I second your thoughts. Have also been to South Bend and Waco numerous times, great schools but both towns and their surrounding areas don't have a lot to offer. Storrs is tiny but in a beautiful part of the country with easy access to NYC and many pretty small towns. Each has something to offer but all those banners in Conn improve UConn's view.

Reaction Score
Samantha is going to play in the post at ND?:eek:

nah..........they've already got better options ..............I was thinking more about that potential UConn post player that both schools are waiting for

Reaction Score
As a long time New Englander also living in Texas, I second your thoughts. Have also been to South Bend and Waco numerous times, great schools but both towns and their surrounding areas don't have a lot to offer. Storrs is tiny but in a beautiful part of the country with easy access to NYC and many pretty small towns. Each has something to offer but all those banners in Conn improve UConn's view.

if athlete's college decisions were based mainly on where schools were located Pepperdine University and NYU would be the athletics capitals of the world..........

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
nah.....they've already got better options ....I was thinking more about that potential UConn post player that both schools are waiting for
Hannah Gusters?

Reaction Score

I have heard Connecticut is beautful in spring and fall. Waco is rather large and is getting better thanks to Joanna & Chip Gaines. However, I totally understand how Texas pulls recruits just based on their city. Austin is awesome.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
if athlete's college decisions were based mainly on where schools were located Pepperdine University and NYU would be the athletics capitals of the world.....
Hannah Gusters?

Oh you guys are at it again?!:rolleyes:

I don't know how much of your give and take is tongue-in-cheek, but:
- it sure does make Ms. Boston's decision have impact in South Bend and Storrs (wonder if Ms. Amihere would've not liked that town either? ;))
- even if Aliyah Boston opts for Storrs or S. Carolina, Columbus or Columbia, I'm not freaking out. Why? MM is really high on Mikayla Vaughn, who gets to work with Turner and Shepard this year, then has three years as the main post.
Cosgrove will back her up for now.
- Gusters and Reese have already not included ND on their finalists list, so Marshall, yes, is probably on the consideration list, as would be Cameron Brink.
- If neither Boston or Jones come to ND, the Irish would have only 9 scholarship players (plus Kaitlin Cole) to start the 2019 season. Imagine this press for Boston and Jones will be hard.

Stay tuned.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
" Gusters and Reese have already not included ND on their finalists list".
This is news to me. Did she do a down select and I missed it?

Reaction Score

1. Dangerfield
2. Williams
3. Walker
4. Nelson-Ododa
5. Camara

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members