Let the kids play! | The Boneyard

Let the kids play!

Reaction Score
When it looked like the game was a lost cause Hurly put the kids in there and it was exciting to watch.

Disappointed on another loss but its great to see that finally we are turning the last pages on the Ollie days.

Brighter days are ahead and I hope we see more of those lineups in the games to come.

Reaction Score
When it looked like the game was a lost cause Hurly put the kids in there and it was exciting to watch.

Disappointed on another loss but its great to see that finally we are turning the last pages on the Ollie days.

Brighter days are ahead and I hope we see more of those lineups in the games to come.
Except the embarrassing loses.

Reaction Score
They need to build some muscle. The opponents all look stronger to me.

Reaction Score
I didn't get to see the game because I was at my son's basketball game and I was doing the book. Noticed Carlton had a 2nd straight bagel. Is Hurley phasing him out? Whaley didn't play much either. I don't think Akok is going to be able to play the 5 against most centers. And Javonte Brown Ferguson doesn't look like he's ready for next year. So what is Hurley going to do at the 5?

Igbanu had 28 points off the bench. Who guarded him?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yep. I watch very game. Have for years.

I saw a game where we were uncompetitive until we put a lineup with 3 freshmen and 2 sophomores into the lineup and then we made a run, even took a lead.

Gaffney and Bouknight need to get an opportunity to play significant minutes in each game. If they're struggling, I'm fine with sitting them down, but they're the future and at this point may even be our best chance to make a late season run to the NIT.

Reaction Score
I didn't get to see the game because I was at my son's basketball game and I was doing the book. Noticed Carlton had a 2nd straight bagel. Is Hurley phasing him out? Whaley didn't play much either. I don't think Akok is going to be able to play the 5 against most centers. And Javonte Brown Ferguson doesn't look like he's ready for next year. So what is Hurley going to do at the 5?

Igbanu unfortunately torched both Carlton and Whaley. Whaley just couldn't body him and fell for Igbanu's pump fakes and pick up fouls. Carlton was too slow. He did have one good play at the end (after giving up two baskets in a row defending Igbanu) by fronting him and deflecting the pass into the post.

Akok had better luck but is still a bit thin. Their best defense was to double Igbanu and force him to pass. Looking forward to see how Hurley adjusts the defense in their next game agains Tulsa.

And, yes, I am excited to never, ever, have to watch a Tulsa team again after this season.

Reaction Score

Springs??

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score

Nobody guarded Igbanu most of the time. Surpassed his career high by 10.

Reaction Score
You can't give Bouknight too many more minutes. Players are only given 5 fouls.
When he’s on the floor he’s proven to be one of, if not our best, scorers. If he could just limit the 2 quick fouls early on in these games that take him out of the game for extended periods of time, we’d have a more reliable go-to option on offense. The guy scored 16 in like 22 minutes today.

Reaction Score
Bouknight had 16 points on 11 field goal attempts.

Gilbert and Vital had 16 points on 22 field goal attempts.

Better days are ahead.

This is great you pick one game? I mean I get it we all want the future to show up and be the savior. He's been a ghost in many games and gaffney was crapping his pants in many games. Hey I'm not at all in favor of the continuous BS that CV and AG put us through game after game, sick of it to. But can everyone calm down on the "the kids". One game and 12-0 run 19 games into their freshman year, about time huh? I mean if they were practicing better and playing better when given minutes we would've seen more. OT they weren't too good but I guess we had a moral victory at the 12-0 run so let's throw everyone else to the dogs.

Crazy place here. Let's see it again for the next 11 games and I will be as excited as everyone. But until then let's try to remember CV, AG and JC are Huskies. Criticism is well deserved for each of them but these threads booting them out is uncalled for, the "I can't wait until the Ollie guys are gone" is crap!

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
This is great you pick one game? I mean I get it we all want the future to show up and be the savior. He's been a ghost in many games and gaffney was crapping his pants in many games. Hey I'm not at all in favor of the continuous BS that CV and AG put us through game after game, sick of it to. But can everyone calm down on the "the kids". One game and 12-0 run 19 games into their freshman year, about time huh? I mean if they were practicing better and playing better when given minutes we would've seen more. OT they weren't too good but I guess we had a moral victory at the 12-0 run so let's throw everyone else to the dogs.

Crazy place here. Let's see it again for the next 11 games and I will be as excited as everyone. But until then let's try to remember CV, AG and JC are Huskies. Criticism is well deserved for each of them but these threads booting them out is uncalled for, the "I can't wait until the Ollie guys are gone" is crap!

it’s certainly called for. It might be harsh but it’s certainly called for. In the same thought people should also be holding Hurley accountable as well.He can’t have his best coaching game in late January...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom