Let’s play HC a Bit | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Let’s play HC a Bit

Reaction Score
What would it take for UConn to stay close to Clemson. Putting aside the astronomically low odds of even staying within a respectable distance, I would think :

1. The RE turtle strategy isn’t going to cut it.
2. Running wideout screens, delayed zone read runs, or exploiting the edge won’t work. We are too slow and they are too fast.
3. Misdirection and counters should be standard fare to slow them down.
4. We stretch the field and force the DBs to cover long to open the mid range passing game.
5. We use the tight ends aggressibely in the pass game to force the LBs not to not jump the run and cheat up in the box.
6. Put Steven Krajewski under center and use play action. No pistol. It allows fast DEs to speed rush our guys. Under center they have to take shallower path off the line to keep contain.
7. Run an occasional two back power set for additional pass protection with one leaking out as a release.
8. Steven Krajewski has to have a max primary and secondary route read, have a short hold time and throw, dump or run. The routes need to be in the same visual field window. He can’t process and scan the whole field. He’s too slow processing and makes horrible decisions. Passes can’t be long cross-hashes throws. Vertical is key. Otherwise he will be picked.
9. Mensah is probably slower than their DEs. Keep him off the field unless he is pass blocking.
10. Run the Geico baby carriage play.

Thoughts?

I’d run 4-4-2 formation and try to get a smash and grab goal on a counter and then park the bus.

Reaction Score
What would it take for UConn to stay close to Clemson. Putting aside the astronomically low odds of even staying within a respectable distance, I would think :

1. The RE turtle strategy isn’t going to cut it.
2. Running wideout screens, delayed zone read runs, or exploiting the edge won’t work. We are too slow and they are too fast.
3. Misdirection and counters should be standard fare to slow them down.
4. We stretch the field and force the DBs to cover long to open the mid range passing game.
5. We use the tight ends aggressibely in the pass game to force the LBs not to not jump the run and cheat up in the box.
6. Put Steven Krajewski under center and use play action. No pistol. It allows fast DEs to speed rush our guys. Under center they have to take shallower path off the line to keep contain.
7. Run an occasional two back power set for additional pass protection with one leaking out as a release.
8. Steven Krajewski has to have a max primary and secondary route read, have a short hold time and throw, dump or run. The routes need to be in the same visual field window. He can’t process and scan the whole field. He’s too slow processing and makes horrible decisions. Passes can’t be long cross-hashes throws. Vertical is key. Otherwise he will be picked.
9. Mensah is probably slower than their DEs. Keep him off the field unless he is pass blocking.
10. Run the Geico baby carriage play.

Thoughts?
I was wondering if someone would talk about the GEICO baby carriage play...I doubt the NCAA would approve of that trick play... :)

Reaction Score
Heading down in the short drive to my brother's place at Clemson to see game with him (his seats are nosebleed territory)....I'll be the one not wearing orange...

If I run into a UConn fan, I'll ask if they are Yarders...see ya tomorrow...

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
I live in South Carolina where Clemson is king. I was able to get UConn. They're giving 85 points. Do you think that's enough?

Reaction Score
If Louisville keeps itclose today..boses better for Huskies....

Reaction Score
Heading down in the short drive to my brother's place at Clemson to see game with him (his seats are nosebleed territory)....I'll be the one not wearing orange...

If I run into a UConn fan, I'll ask if they are Yarders...see ya tomorrow...
You're there a week too soon brother. Game is on 11/13

Reaction Score

How about run, run, run, take a delay of game penalty, punt. They must use all of the clock on the first 2 run plays. The 5 yards on the delay of game won’t make a difference anyway.

Reaction Score
You're there a week too soon brother. Game is on 11/13

Went to Louisville game with brother...weather was great...won't make UConn game..his wife will be going with him.

Reaction Score
Fake punt on first play.
Onside kick every kick off. Guaranteed 1.
Go for it on 4th down every time.
Win time of possession by giving up many big plays.

Reaction Score
Went to Louisville game with brother...weather was great...won't make UConn game..his wife will be going with him.
It'd be a nice get away trip for me and the wife on my birthday weekend, but we have other plans... I don't think I can stomach watching that... I have a feeling it will depress me a bit ... once things start (all over again) I'll re-consider a trip like that...

Reaction Score
Do like golf - if you have a ten handicap you deduct it from your score - in this case put the 40 points from the spread on the scoreboard for UCONN to start the game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom