Legit championship team | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Legit championship team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Guess Karaban is 6’5 at most

View attachment 92976

You can't tell anything from the above photo. Who is closer to the camera? In the below photo, Karaban looks much taller than Sanogo.

AMB05309_wAjjB.JPG

Reaction Score
Ok kind of what I was expecting. I was never correcting anyone just defending my statement. I know what I am talking about. Won’t go into why I can say that. I was just stating an opinion. I love AS but just like every sport BB is about metrics. He did not measure out if had had he would have been drafted. AK is not as tall as he is listed at. But I don’t care I still love him as a player.
Okay you know what you’re talking about so how tall is Karaban? How tall is Newton? How tall is Spencer?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, will there be any difference in Karaban's game if we were to find out that barefoot, he measures in at 6'6 3/4" as opposed to 6'7 1/8"?

He's demonstrated that he is a very high quality four, in our system, playing against some of the best competition, very early in his college career. We can add to this that he will continue to get better until he moves on. I'm not sure that whatever he measures out as makes a whole lot of difference.

Reaction Score
Sanogo was listed as 6'9 last season, was measured just over 6'7 at the combine, and is now listed 6'9 on the Chicago G League roster. Listed heights are always lying, they probably take the guy's height in shoes and then round up to the nearest inch.

Anyways... the team certainly has what it takes to make a run. 5 star recruit G, 5th year championship G, 5th year veteran shooter G, and a sophomore frontcourt that were both very strong pieces to a championship run (one probably could have been drafted last year). One of the best starting 5s in the country. The question marks are obviously on the bench. The tough part of OOC and BE games will decide who gets to play when the bench goes from 5 deep to 3 deep. Guys will get battle tested

Get to the tournament, fight through the first weekend, and anything can happen from there

Reaction Score
Sanogo 6-7.25
Karaban 6-6.50
Newton 6-3.75
Spencer 6-2.50
Castle 6-6
Johnson 6-9.75
Singare 6-10.25

(My estimates as a one-eyed TV observer with no reason to lie.)

Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, will there be any difference in Karaban's game if we were to find out that barefoot, he measures in at 6'6 3/4" as opposed to 6'7 1/8"?

He's demonstrated that he is a very high quality four, in our system, playing against some of the best competition, very early in his college career. We can add to this that he will continue to get better until he moves on. I'm not sure that whatever he measures out as makes a whole lot of difference.
For UConn or a small difference like that, no. The difference is if Karaban is actually 6'5 1/4 and being listed at 6'8 or if he's 6'7 3/4" and being listed at 6'8. That's the difference between him being a legitimate NBA prospect and a guy on the fringe who still likely gets a cup of coffee at some point. He's going to be a great player at UConn regardless, it's the NBA who will care about the difference

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Yes exactly, that is what I was saying. DC touch is better than it was last year. Not comparing to Sanogo who had some of the best hand and touch I have ever seen. And as it turns out 6’7.25” is closer to 6’6” that 6’9” or is that clown math also. @Rocktheworld perhaps you should do your research. There are a number of names I would like to call you but you have done a good enough job doing it yourself.
6’7.25” w/o shoes is 6’9” w/shoes. Since I’m pretty sure nba teams wear shoes and list heights accordingly not sure the 6’6” claim stands up to much scrutiny.

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Okay guess Karaban is 6’5 and I can’t wait for you to correct anyone who says otherwise
Nobody said anything about Karban's height other than you. He posted about Sanogo's height and you called him a clown and told him he's 6'9 and it's easy to look up. Sanogo is not 6'9, we know he's 6'7.25. If and when Karaban participates in the combine and gets measured we'll know his height as well.

Reaction Score
Sanogo was listed as 6'9 last season, was measured just over 6'7 at the combine, and is now listed 6'9 on the Chicago G League roster. Listed heights are always lying, they probably take the guy's height in shoes and then round up to the nearest inch.

Anyways... the team certainly has what it takes to make a run. 5 star recruit G, 5th year championship G, 5th year veteran shooter G, and a sophomore frontcourt that were both very strong pieces to a championship run (one probably could have been drafted last year). One of the best starting 5s in the country. The question marks are obviously on the bench. The tough part of OOC and BE games will decide who gets to play when the bench goes from 5 deep to 3 deep. Guys will get battle tested

Get to the tournament, fight through the first weekend, and anything can happen from there
I just want consistency

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Donovan just needs to continue to get planted to go up strong, he’s fine still learning. That spin move to the left for a left handed short bank shot is pretty.
Yeah, his left handed shot is looking really good. What a weapon!

Reaction Score
Plenty of 6’8 shooters in the NBA play the 4 or the 3. Sometimes it’s not even a different position. I bet some of them are 6’7 with shoes on too. Probably best not have him guard Wemby or be in the post with a 6’8” 260 lb bruiser but that would still be the case if he was 2” taller. My guess is he will be drafted as a shooting wing and how well he defends the guys he’s assigned.

Reaction Score
Okay guess Karaban is 6’5 and I can’t wait for you to correct anyone who says otherwise

Sanogo has an official measurement at the combine and here’s a hint - op was closer than you. What an absolute clown post to go through a lengthy post, nitpick a single stat and smugly make an incorrect proclamation. The finishing critique actually makes sense. Adama had the highest non dunk FG% in years. DC is still like a baby deer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think it's hard for this year to surpass last year in terms of passing when we lost Andre Jackson, but I think we will be a better overall offensive team.
I’m not sure yet… last years team was extremely special with the balance of 3pt shooting, double inside threats, and Jackson (who can’t be replaced or replicated).

There’s a lot of incredible pieces though… the shooting is the only one that might not have the same upside potential compared to last year, which isn’t saying much after losing Hawkins.

Reaction Score
If we are indeed a championship caliber team,assuming chemistry builds and coaches begin to trust the pieces after the peaked and valleys we always have, what role would Solomon Ball play in it? Must he ascend and take minutes from Diarra, or do most of you believe we're already dynamic enough in the backcourt for Big East and elite national play??

Reaction Score
Alex has certainly gained some muscle, especially in his legs.
Noticed that. Also Castle looks very muscular compared to the older highlight clips weve been watching.

Reaction Score
Clingan needs to slow down and make more of the non dunks. He rushes himself. Sanago took his time and rarely missed when he established position. Donovan will be unstoppable if he just takes a breath. I assume he was just rusty in first game and he will make the adjustment. We were spoiled, could get a bucket on demand. That and andre defense and rebounding will be missed most.
Clingan is ahead of where AS was as a sophomore and with more time on the floor the confidence will build and he'll slow down, see more options if they're there, and be a monster.

Reaction Score
Boy do we have it
This team has more goods than last year!
We have a superstar in the majing playing center—just like last year we can get those interior points and it’s almost unstoppable and Samson is a very high caliber bak up who will start next year.
Karaban looks like Gordon Haywood
We have a 6-5 vet pg and a superstar rookie running mate in castle
All the rookies have great size and look all set to be important complimentary pieces
Additional vet guards like last year w diarra spencer. We have all the ingredient and you can seethe chemistry and pedigree
We lost a tin of talent yet we maybe better!!
Or Dave DeBusschere. I heard Penders wanted him to play baseball too.

Reaction Score

Probably the only difference AK's real height will make will be what position he's projected for as a pro. If it's small forward he'll possibly stay with us for an extra year or two as it doesn't seem likely he would physically project as a power forward.

Reaction Score
Boy do we have it
This team has more goods than last year!
We have a superstar in the majing playing center—just like last year we can get those interior points and it’s almost unstoppable and Samson is a very high caliber bak up who will start next year.
Karaban looks like Gordon Haywood
We have a 6-5 vet pg and a superstar rookie running mate in castle
All the rookies have great size and look all set to be important complimentary pieces
Additional vet guards like last year w diarra spencer. We have all the ingredient and you can seethe chemistry and pedigree
We lost a tin of talent yet we maybe better!!
Didn’t realize we may have dodged a. Billet with Timberlake being buried in the Kansas rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom