Legit championship team | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Legit championship team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Clingan needs to slow down and make more of the non dunks. He rushes himself. Sanago took his time and rarely missed when he established position. Donovan will be unstoppable if he just takes a breath. I assume he was just rusty in first game and he will make the adjustment. We were spoiled, could get a bucket on demand. That and andre defense and rebounding will be missed most.
Agree- with his size, if he could just develop some of Sanogo's footwork & pivoting skills, and also a little jump hook- not too much to ask, is it?

Reaction Score
I could tell and I thought it was brilliant.

I like the potential this team has, but last season's squad was special once they began to put it all together.

Still burned in my memory from last year's tournament, was that pass to the middle of of the paint seemingly to nobody, when out of the TV screen coming out of nowhere, Andre soars into the paint and catches the pass. For the life of me, I can't remember what happened after that, but I know we got points. From there, we never looked back!

I could go on about how special that team turned out when it counted most.

This years team has a lot of nice pieces but a long way to go before anyone can say they are special. I hope we all can say that come March.
Andre kicked pass to karaban and he knocked down a 3

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Agree- with his size, if he could just develop some of Sanogo's footwork & pivoting skills, and also a little jump hook- not too much to ask, is it?
I think Sanogo was just incredible with his footwork. I think he measured out at just above 6’6” at the combine. He had to be 100% in charge of his craft to dominate like he did. I mean I knew he was not 6’9” but did not think he was closer to 6’6” than his listed playing height. Clingan is already better than he was last year with his touch. Because of his size he does not need to be the technician that AS was but he still has room for improvement. I just want to see him against real competition. Because he is taller than the 7’2” he is listed at you really can’t guard him with a 6’9” player. Even if he misses he is so much bigger he can reach over most players at this level without committing a foul. Get an offensive rebound either go back up or kick out. Watch for kick out 3’s to Cam from DC to be a regular thing. SC is a very good passer and with his size he is going to also be able to get DC good passes on post ups. Watching him and the freshman evolve this year is going to be interesting. I think we already know AK is a + version of what we had last year with him. Better rebounder than he was and he was pretty good. Better defender he won’t get pushed around as much this year. Although to his credit the growth in that area during the season last year was remarkable. He has also added a bit more range to his shot. Toe to the line three for AK is a layup now. He has the range to shoot from 3 to 4 ft behind the line already. TN is + version of what we had last year. I think we are talking about leadership and I know we just can’t make a 5th year transfer a Captain but Cam will be one of our three main leaders. He will be the vocal part which is why we are going to see him defer in the easy OOC games. His is building his credibility by passing first and not shooting. I really like Cam and I think by the end of the year he will be a key player. He is earning the right to be the vocal leader. Assists and defense will get him the gravitas he will need if he has to ride the players a bit in tight games when it’s needed.

Reaction Score
I think Sanogo was just incredible with his footwork. I think he measured out at just above 6’6” at the combine. He had to be 100% in charge of his craft to dominate like he did. I mean I knew he was not 6’9” but did not think he was closer to 6’6” than his listed playing height. Clingan is already better than he was last year with his touch. Because of his size he does not need to be the technician that AS was but he still has room for improvement. I just want to see him against real competition. Because he is taller than the 7’2” he is listed at you really can’t guard him with a 6’9” player. Even if he misses he is so much bigger he can reach over most players at this level without committing a foul. Get an offensive rebound either go back up or kick out. Watch for kick out 3’s to Cam from DC to be a regular thing. SC is a very good passer and with his size he is going to also be able to get DC good passes on post ups. Watching him and the freshman evolve this year is going to be interesting. I think we already know AK is a + version of what we had last year with him. Better rebounder than he was and he was pretty good. Better defender he won’t get pushed around as much this year. Although to his credit the growth in that area during the season last year was remarkable. He has also added a bit more range to his shot. Toe to the line three for AK is a layup now. He has the range to shoot from 3 to 4 ft behind the line already. TN is + version of what we had last year. I think we are talking about leadership and I know we just can’t make a 5th year transfer a Captain but Cam will be one of our three main leaders. He will be the vocal part which is why we are going to see him defer in the easy OOC games. His is building his credibility by passing first and not shooting. I really like Cam and I think by the end of the year he will be a key player. He is earning the right to be the vocal leader. Assists and defense will get him the gravitas he will need if he has to ride the players a bit in tight games when it’s needed.
Sanogo is 6’9, it’s easy to look up so as to not make yourself look silly

Clingan is already better with touch?? LMAOOO

Cam Spencer is going to be a vocal leader

1699744181424.gif

Last edited:
Reaction Score
After watching this last game I do wonder how much Johnson would have progressed had he played last year.

He has played a total 134 mins in his career and scored 44 points over now 26 games.

36 of those minutes came in the first two games combined of this year and last year (17 mins and 19 mins). In those two games he had 7 points and 11 points. Obviously for the team last year it didn't matter but I do wonder how much growth he missed from that injury.
Blessing in disguise that he emerges as a force for this team ?

Reaction Score

View attachment 92961
He was saying clingan touch better than last year, not better than sanogo. I read it same way first glance

Reaction Score
After watching last night's game I may become Scrappy. The roster has a lot possibilities. There are guys with serious talent who will not get the minutes they would on other very good teams it seems.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score

View attachment 92961
Look at the official measurements at the combine. The measure them without shoes. Program measures with shoes. I am not trying to insult him it was a compliment/ if he was 6’9” he would be on an active roster. Talk about fact checking laugh at yourself….

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
He was saying clingan touch better than last year, not better than sanogo. I read it same way first glance
Yes exactly, that is what I was saying. DC touch is better than it was last year. Not comparing to Sanogo who had some of the best hand and touch I have ever seen. And as it turns out 6’7.25” is closer to 6’6” that 6’9” or is that clown math also. @Rocktheworld perhaps you should do your research. There are a number of names I would like to call you but you have done a good enough job doing it yourself.

Reaction Score
Donovan just needs to continue to get planted to go up strong, he’s fine still learning. That spin move to the left for a left handed short bank shot is pretty. I did think his feet looked slower than last year on the defensive end but believe that will slowly return. His explosion for blocking shots not quite there yet either. I’m sure the month off is still there.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
(Teams lie about how tall guys actually are)
(Teams lie about how tall guys actually are)
It appears we have some real experts @Rocktheworld. When I look at the program height I take it as data. Like Cam maybe closer to 6’3” than 6’4”. Newton I always thought looked 6’5” but yesterday Turner one of the announcers said he was 6’4”. These guys who have been around the game look at a player and can tell. If AK was 6’8” he would be a lottery pick.

Last edited:

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score

View attachment 92961
So exactly how do you want to continue this conversation. Everything you said to insult was inaccurate. You can disagree I am certainly far from right all the time. But I know what the Fonz would do he just could not get it to come out of his mouth.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I have no idea but I know Sanogo is 6'7.25
Didn’t any of you watch the Nike commercials in the 80’s and 90’s it’s the shoes man….little did we know

Reaction Score
So exactly how do you want to continue this conversation. Everything you said to insult was inaccurate. You can disagree I am certainly far from right all the time. But I know what the Fonz would do he just could not get it to come out of his mouth.
Okay guess Karaban is 6’5 and I can’t wait for you to correct anyone who says otherwise

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Okay guess Karaban is 6’5 and I can’t wait for you to correct anyone who says otherwise
Ok kind of what I was expecting. I was never correcting anyone just defending my statement. I know what I am talking about. Won’t go into why I can say that. I was just stating an opinion. I love AS but just like every sport BB is about metrics. He did not measure out if had had he would have been drafted. AK is not as tall as he is listed at. But I don’t care I still love him as a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom