OT: Legal question. | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: Legal question.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So I spoke with the DA on Monday. She was talking about mediation. Frankly if I was in the same room as the guy I don't know what I would do. I finally e mailed her and said no to mediation, but feel free to put her on trial. she called tonight and said she would dismiss the case. she also agreed to go to the judge on my behalf so I wouldn't need to lose time at work for another court date. she said if I was interested in mediation, they would pay for it. Common sense and justice prevailed in this one. Thanks to everyone for your support.

Good for you. Few things better than when people stand up for themselves and prevail.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
So she initially offered mediation on Monday. I told her I would think about it. Then I emailed her and said, no thanks...but feel free to prosecute her. I added she is not capable of entering a plea. (She signed her understanding of her rights and dated it 12/24/86). So I said I was done and explained she has months to live and I was not going to spend any more time on this. She said she would still offer mediation and they would pay. I said no, I had no desire to negotiate with a bully.

Good for you.

“Go pound sand” is a viable legal strategy.

Reaction Score
Good luck Madmann. The life expectancy thing is widely variable. From my experience it may only be months but it still may be years. Doc’s predictions are mostly a guess. An educated guess, but a guess. 24/7 care is tough. Maybe consider some respite program to help you manage. We have a day program that is only $100 per day, 9am to 4pm, and includes lunch, snacks, and personal care. The same facility is $12,000+ per month for full time care. Two days a week can help a lot. Our situation is a much more advanced symptom stage. We run across very few others with this diagnosis.

Reaction Score
Good luck Madmann. The life expectancy thing is widely variable. From my experience it may only be months but it still may be years. Doc’s predictions are mostly a guess. An educated guess, but a guess. 24/7 care is tough. Maybe consider some respite program to help you manage. We have a day program that is only $100 per day, 9am to 4pm, and includes lunch, snacks, and personal care. The same facility is $12,000+ per month for full time care. Two days a week can help a lot. Our situation is a much more advanced symptom stage. We run across very few others with this diagnosis.

Start up a GoFundMe and let the Yard do it's thing....

Reaction Score
Sir thanks for sharing story it had to be difficult. I believe other people will benefit from it. Me being one of them, as my Dad is in early stages of dementia. It is great that neighbors came around to offer support as it can be very lonely as a caregiver. Best wishes God bless.

Reaction Score
FTD is not really treatable and is a progressive disease....my thoughts are with you..

An insidious disease...cancer, to me, holds much less fear.
I would honestly much rather have any cancer than this... no offense to any cancer sufferers. It’s just this robs you of the relationships you have with your loved ones and makes it so hard on them. It’s brutal.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom