Ledo Picks PC | The Boneyard

Ledo Picks PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nice get! Him and Dunn should be butter together.

Great week for them- they have to be excited at PC. I'll take our last few months.

We are Doomed and have no chance for a W whatsoever against PC.

Reaction Score
Good for PC. I admit that I would be a lot less likely to be gracious about their haul should last night's news not happened.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
is that the best recruiting class ever for them? i know they made it to a final 4 once so maybe not. to me they are a bit like Seton Hall - every once in a blue moon they have a really good year, but other than that, not so much...

Reaction Score
Good for PC...Cooley off to a great start...he could really make them better year in year out if he sticks around...isn't PC his alma mater?

Reaction Score
is that the best recruiting class ever for them? i know they made it to a final 4 once so maybe not. to me they are a bit like Seton Hall - every once in a blue moon they have a really good year, but other than that, not so much...

PC has had some great recruiting classes and outstanding teams. You just have to go pretty far back in time.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
PC has had some great recruiting classes and outstanding teams. You just have to go pretty far back in time.
They had Lenny Wilkins but i can't recall any other really good players who went there. Billy Donovan was on that 1987 final 4 team...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Great get for PC. I was happy for them and St. John's before AD's decision. I'm still happy for them.:)

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
To quote Daniel Day-Lewis' tycoon character from "There Will Be Blood", "I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed." I just don't get people being happy or congratulating our Big East competitors for signing top players. I want these players as far from our backyard as possible. I find this disingenuous in the same was as when someone says "I want to play them at their best rather than with their best player missing." If you are a fan of a team you want your team to win and whatever gives your team the best chance to win is always the best scenario.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
To quote Daniel Day-Lewis' tycoon character from "There Will Be Blood", "I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed." I just don't get people being happy or congratulating our Big East competitors for signing top players. I want these players as far from our backyard as possible. I find this disingenuous in the same was as when someone says "I want to play them at their best rather than with their best player missing." If you are a fan of a team you want your team to win and whatever gives your team the best chance to win is always the best scenario.

I would be disingenuous if I factored my considerations like you do. But I don't. I believe that a considerable part of the formula for UConn's success is that the BE is so strong and has great coaches with diverse coaching styles. This does two things to help UConn.

First, it helps prepare them for the post season.

And second the reputation of the BE continuously brings in the best recruits. I don't care which BE teams rise to challenge UConn as long as UConn is competitive to meet that challenge. Strategically it serves UConn if other teams in the BE get stronger and weaker and UConn remains strong. That builds on prestige.

But I also feel that to be the best you have to beat the best. A championship in the BE means a lot more than the ACC where only two teams are powerful and the remainder are afterthoughts.

Reaction Score
They had Lenny Wilkins but i can't recall any other really good players who went there. Billy Donovan was on that 1987 final 4 team...

Also had Marvin Barnes, Ernie Degregorio and Kevin Stacum on a final four team. Jimmy Walker played for PC as well and had a long pro career.

Reaction Score
I would say something stinks about Cooley except that these are local kids so maybe he is just getting lucky to find a couple of local kids that really want to stay close to home. That and UConn doesn't need them and PC is their second best option.

Reaction Score
If we cant get them im glad they go to the big east. id like to see every big east team stay or become relevant.

Reaction Score
The fact that they're local is one thing. The fact that Cooley clearly has recruiting ability is another.

I'm shocked when players go to a place that is not local, that doesn't have history, or that doesn't have an established coach (re: Baylor). PC has some history, and is local for these kids. I doubt that there was anything dirty here.

Agreed. In this case PC makes some sense whereas Baylor has been one of those highly questionable programs for a while.

Reaction Score
Along the lines of great pc players, didn't they get some kid from CT that Jim wiffed on hard? Ryan Gomes or something like that? Why wasn't he recruited by Uconn? Has this ever been discussed?

Reaction Score
I think this guy is hoping, no other site or news is reporting it

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

So you'd prefer the Big East to be an awful league? Not being sarcastic. If all the Big East teams outside of our team sucked, why would good players want to come and play in our league?

From my perspective, I like to watch good, meaningful basketball. I like going into games not sure if we are going to win. The first half of every year, with the exception of a few big games, is utterly boring to me, outside of seeing the new guys and how it all fits together.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I would be disingenuous if I factored my considerations like you do. But I don't. I believe that a considerable part of the formula for UConn's success is that the BE is so strong and has great coaches with diverse coaching styles. This does two things to help UConn.

First, it helps prepare them for the post season.

And second the reputation of the BE continuously brings in the best recruits. I don't care which BE teams rise to challenge UConn as long as UConn is competitive to meet that challenge. Strategically it serves UConn if other teams in the BE get stronger and weaker and UConn remains strong. That builds on prestige.

But I also feel that to be the best you have to beat the best. A championship in the BE means a lot more than the ACC where only two teams are powerful and the remainder are afterthoughts.
i'm with you on this. i actually like Syracuse the most of the rest of the big east teams and i always root for L'ville and GT, and always root for BE teams when they are OOC. nothing better than seeing SJU bet Duke (well... there are a few things better but...).

and i agree a strong BE is good for UCONN. i love seeing the conference get 9+ teams in the big dance and love seeing the other conferences whine and cry about it.

Reaction Score
I think a lot of teams backed off Ledo. Us and UK seemed to back off. He really liked UK but they seem to be focused on Archie Goodwin.

C

Chief00

History shows a lot can happen with Ricardo Ledo between now and Sept 2012.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
he sounds like a josh selby. there's a reason schools are cautious with this guy, and why he will probably end up at providence. they can take the risk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom