LeBron James Breaks the All Time Scoring Record | The Boneyard

LeBron James Breaks the All Time Scoring Record

Reaction Score
I like lebron - but the ceremony during the 3rd was over the top
I mean the previous record was set before I was born and I’m old. I didn’t watch but this is something to celebrate. There is a solid chance I (37 years old) won’t see anyone pass LeBron.

Reaction Score
Not to discredit Lebron but he had a 4 year head start over Kareem. Nonetheless it was a record I never thought I'd see broken.

He should be the new NBA logo, for reasons on and off the court.

Reaction Score
I don’t mind them stopping the game to celebrate. Literally the only reason anybody was watching was to see it happen

Why else would we watch a 10pm game on a Tuesday between two lottery teams?

Congrats Lebron! Amazing accomplishment. And he’s not done yet

Reaction Score
But he did it in less games.
Kareem took 4 three point attempts his whole career lol, most of his career there wasn’t even a three point line.

But, as stated above. King James is my GOAT. Happy to witness history with him….again.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
If you’re gonna stop a game for a record, this is pretty much the one to do it.

Without looking, take a guess how many three pointers Kareem Abdul-Jabbar made. He played the last ten years of his career with the three point line.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Kareem took 4 three point attempts his whole career lol, most of his career there wasn’t even a three point line.

But, as stated above. King James is my GOAT. Happy to witness history with him….again.
He played with a 3 point line for 10 years of his career, lol. What are you talking about?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Without looking, take a guess how many three pointers Kareem Abdul-Jabbar made. He played the last ten years of his career with the three point line

I know it's one only because he's told the story about it.

Reaction Score
Not a fan at all of the events that went down immediately after the record. Stopping the game for 10 minutes so you can throw out F bombs in a speech, hug Jay-Z and get absurdly cringey shoutouts from captain clown himself in Drake, and then play a Nike ad spot that makes you question whether he sees himself as the second coming of the lord. We are all witnesses is right, to one of the most self absorbed athletes of all time. I get it's a big deal but my god, don't try to say you're "humbled" in the midst of all that.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Shooting 3s is a skill. Lebron deserves credit for having that skill. Kareem wouldn’t have taken advantage of the 3pt line.

Reaction Score
Jabbar averaged 24+ points per game for his careeer.
LeBron has averages 27.2 points per game.
In his best season he averaged 30 points per game.

Michael Jordan averaged 30.1 point per game for his career
Wilt Chamberlain averaged 30.1 PPG as well.

Michael Jordan's highest PPG average in a season is 37.1
Wilt Chamberlain's was 50.4

When you look at rebounds, the GOAT becomes obvious.

Reaction Score
Not a fan at all of the events that went down immediately after the record. Stopping the game for 10 minutes so you can throw out F bombs in a speech, hug Jay-Z and get absurdly cringey shoutouts from captain clown himself in Drake, and then play a Nike ad spot that makes you question whether he sees himself as the second coming of the lord. We are all witnesses is right, to one of the most self absorbed athletes of all time. I get it's a big deal but my god, don't try to say you're "humbled" in the midst of all that.
It was thought to be one of the most unbreakable records in sports, settle down man, and stop yelling at clouds.

Reaction Score
Jabbar averaged 24+ points per game for his careeer.
LeBron has averages 27.2 points per game.
In his best season he averaged 30 points per game.

Michael Jordan averaged 30.1 point per game for his career
Wilt Chamberlain averaged 30.1 PPG as well.

Michael Jordan's highest PPG average in a season is 37.1
Wilt Chamberlain's was 50.4

When you look at rebounds, the GOAT becomes obvious.
Not even worth entertaining this really.

Reaction Score
Wow your hatred for him is wild. Lebron didn’t orchestrate this. The NBA did. He is not self absorbed and any teammate and person who knows him would refute this

He has been a model player/person in the Derek Jeter sense with the exception of his gaffe to do “The Decision” which he has regretted after the fact. He had the most hype and pressure of possibly any athlete in maybe the history of any sport and he has lived up and surpassed all those expectations like no other player has or could. He has won at every stop and he is a basketball historian who respects everyone that came before him. He doesn’t think he is bigger than the game and other players past and present have criticized him for not being more outspoken.

He deserves all his achievements and accolades as he has worked tirelessly to get to this point. It’s absolutely amazing to see and should be respected by all of you like him or not.

Reaction Score

He should have just put his head down and gotten back on defense like Bob Cousy would have.

Reaction Score

Ok, boomer.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hooray and congrats to the egomaniac
Next...........................................
Steph will probably break his record if he stays healthy
Bill Russell will always be the GOAT until someone wins more than he had in his career.

It was thought to be one of the most unbreakable records in sports

Whoever thought that was delusional.

Reaction Score
Wow your hatred for him is wild. Lebron didn’t orchestrate this. The NBA did. He is not self absorbed and any teammate and person who knows him would refute this

He has been a model player/person in the Derek Jeter sense with the exception of his gaffe to do “The Decision” which he has regretted after the fact. He had the most hype and pressure of possibly any athlete in maybe the history of any sport and he has lived up and surpassed all those expectations like no other player has or could. He has won at every stop and he is a basketball historian who respects everyone that came before him. He doesn’t think he is bigger than the game and other players past and present have criticized him for not being more outspoken.

He deserves all his achievements and accolades as he has worked tirelessly to get to this point. It’s absolutely amazing to see and should be respected by all of you like him or not.

It's hilarious that folks complain about Lebron being self-absorbed. Considering he's been a celebrity since he was what, 15? The guy is doing just fine, all things considered. There's bench-warmers with a bigger ego than Lebron. He's managed to wrangle some of the craziest personalities in the game and make them productive on the court.

If you want to talk about self-absorbed, look at Jordan (my personal favorite player). Dude was abusive to everyone around him in the pursuit of winning and probably jerked it to pictures of himself.

Reaction Score
He played with a 3 point line for 10 years of his career, lol. What are you talking about?
Okay, fine. We can nitpick on the word “most.”

10 years with it, 8 years without it.

Reaction Score

I mean if you're gonna bring Jeter into this we can talk about how he played next to an inarguably better shortstop his entire career while straight up refusing to give up his position to help the team. But neither here nor there. I understand the significance of the record and the work it took to get there, I could just do without the level of pageantry and vanity displayed. Calling himself "humbled" while showing zero humility. Loved watching him mail it in the rest of the game too after the record, resulting in a loss. Not going for boards and a swinging gate on defense. Just Lebron playing the hits. Fantastic player, might be the GOAT...not a fan of his personally and he showed me why again last night, that's all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom