Lebron James about to remind the World who the Champs really are: | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Lebron James about to remind the World who the Champs really are:

Reaction Score
LeBron will be the glue that brings the team together and keeps them focused, but he alone is not going to win the gold in Paris.

Who in that tournament is going to stop Kevin Durant? Which foreign coach is going to figure out how to cool Curry down when he catches fire? And what kind of reprieve do the opponents get when Jason Tatum comes off the bench to rain punishment on them?

If LeBron succeeds in getting the band together, the gold medal will be won in blowouts.
Sounds good in a vacuum but you have group play then knock out stage. No seven game series here it’s tournament format against teams who have chemistry together. Style for FIBA are different than NBA and showed in USA team struggle. Btw they also had Kerr, Lue, etc coaching. I’m just saying it’s not an automatic and Lebron and his minions give him too much credit. Grant Hill actually has more say than Lebron on this team.

Reaction Score
Sounds good in a vacuum but you have group play then knock out stage. No seven game series here it’s tournament format against teams who have chemistry together. Style for FIBA are different than NBA and showed in USA team struggle. Btw they also had Kerr, Lue, etc coaching. I’m just saying it’s not an automatic and Lebron and his minions give him too much credit. Grant Hill actually has more say than Lebron on this team.
And that it's not a 7 game series is exactly why I'll take the talent of the top 12 American guys like LeBron, Curry, KD to steamroll a team of role players. The USA team didn't struggle because of FIBA rules or unfamiliarity, they struggled (if you can even call it that) because it was nowhere near the most talented players on the team. The only guys who will even sniff the Olympic roster that played this year and Anthony Edwards and maybe Mikal Bridges.

Reaction Score
I just don't get the appeal of jock sniffing
You don’t know how to answer my question because you’re wrong.

I don’t get the appeal of hating a guy who’s only shown greatness and been huge in his community either, but that’s how some people are.

Reaction Score
Couldn't hate a thread title more. We showed up. Germany showed up. They are the "real" champions, and we are not, at least until the next championship. Period.

One of my first bosses told a group of us that it's great to be brilliant, personable and handsome, but if you don't show up for work none of it matters. How talented people who didn't show up are is irrelevant to anything. We lost a competition. Period. Who cares what might have been under different circumstances.

Reaction Score
Couldn't hate a thread title more. We showed up. Germany showed up. They are the "real" champions, and we are not, at least until the next championship. Period.

One of my first bosses told a group of us that it's great to be brilliant, personable and handsome, but if you don't show up for work none of it matters. How talented people who didn't show up are is irrelevant to anything. We lost a competition. Period. Who cares what might have been under different circumstances.

They are the "real" FIBA champions, yes. Anyone suggesting otherwise would be an idiot. It's also not a particularly prestigious championship or one that players care about at the end of the day.

Reaction Score
They are the "real" FIBA champions, yes. Anyone suggesting otherwise would be an idiot. It's also not a particularly prestigious championship or one that players care about at the end of the day.
It's a competition that the vast amount of people representing their nations care very much about. It's the second most important international competition in the world in a four year cycle. The fact that American born NBA players may not care so much about it is not definitive for the world as a whole.

Reaction Score
And that it's not a 7 game series is exactly why I'll take the talent of the top 12 American guys like LeBron, Curry, KD to steamroll a team of role players. The USA team didn't struggle because of FIBA rules or unfamiliarity, they struggled (if you can even call it that) because it was nowhere near the most talented players on the team. The only guys who will even sniff the Olympic roster that played this year and Anthony Edwards and maybe Mikal Bridges.
The reason the Princetons of the world win in a tournament it’s bc it’s only one game and advance so you’re going against your own argument smh. It’s clear you didn’t watch the games as you don’t have any serious takes on gameplay. It’s like asking Lebron what does he think of book he’s reading all the time while always stuck on page 1

Reaction Score

I don’t get the appeal of hating a guy who’s only shown greatness and been huge in his community either, but that’s how some people are.
Lebron has always been about Lebron and always will be about Lebron. "I'll be taking my talents to South Beach". That's all you need to know about Lebron. Period.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

This is an example of getting the part that holds the boys right into the nostrils. What I posted was a fair comment, not hating. Your "question" was too idiotic to respond to directly. Comparing recruiting UConn BB to recruiting the Olympics is nonsense.

Reaction Score
The reason the Princetons of the world win in a tournament it’s bc it’s only one game and advance so you’re going against your own argument smh. It’s clear you didn’t watch the games as you don’t have any serious takes on gameplay. It’s like asking Lebron what does he think of book he’s reading all the time while always stuck on page 1
No, I watched all the games and when the USA shows up with the best players in the world they will roll through the competition. Your hatred for LeBron is blinding you to reality

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If some of the elite US players don't show a desire to represent their country then you play with those who do.
Lebron is his own worst enemy (off court) and really isn't the face of the NBA anymore.
It's hard for a pick-up team of talented prima donnas to beat a veteran foreign team that has played together in international competitions for a long time. FIBA is not the NBA

Reaction Score
This is an example of getting the part that holds the boys right into the nostrils. What I posted was a fair comment, not hating. Your "question" was too idiotic to respond to directly. Comparing recruiting UConn BB to recruiting the Olympics is nonsense.
Saying he was making it about himself by recruiting the best of the best to go to the olympics is 20x more idiotic my man. If that was any other player you wouldn’t bat an eye. The hate for LeBron is comical at this point.

Reaction Score
Maybe that's part of the problem with the US players.
I can guarantee you the German players care a great deal.

Great NBA players across the board really aren't putting the effort in at these events. I think you see much more at the Olympics. But yeah, the American D-team we brought over probably should have won this competition but didn't care enough. Y'ain't wrong.

Reaction Score
No, I watched all the games and when the USA shows up with the best players in the world they will roll through the competition. Your hatred for LeBron is blinding you to reality
No just a reality check to the minions. He’s not coming next year in a cape to save the USA. Schroeder/Theiss won the championship for their team and your rational is USA doesn’t have enough talent. What’s going to happen when you have a Canada squad with SGA, Murray,Wiggins , RJ , etc. only have to win one game. Give the world credit and less to 40 yr old Lebron.

Reaction Score
No just a reality check to the minions. He’s not coming next year in a cape to save the USA. Schroeder/Theiss won the championship for their team and your rational is USA doesn’t have enough talent. What’s going to happen when you have a Canada squad with SGA, Murray,Wiggins , RJ , etc. only have to win one game. Give the world credit and less to 40 yr old Lebron.

You're really struggling with this.

Reaction Score
You keep getting stuck on a 40 year old LeBron and entirely missing the point. You're right that a 40 year old LeBron is not in his prime. You're right that other teams are going to have a few talented players (but still not as many as the US, including Canada who is the top contender to the US). But that 40 year old LeBron is likely going to be the 5th or 6th best player on the team. The point is that the other younger stars are all going to be lining up to play with him in his last Olympics

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Saying he was making it about himself by recruiting the best of the best to go to the olympics is 20x more idiotic my man.
It's a pattern. The day after his team gets smacked by Denver, he says thinking about retirement. Now the day after USA loses, Lebron announces he's going to save the day. Heh. That's a man comfortable making it all about himself, been doing it forever. You refuse to acknowledge that the Olympics don't need recruiting. I know you don't agree but the Olympics are bigger than Lebron.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If that was any other player you wouldn’t bat an eye. The hate for LeBron is comical at this point.
Seriously? Not even Kyrie? The fact is no other player would say such a thing because it would prompt instant, universal derision. Whatever is the opposite of having one's finger on the pulse, it's you here.

Reaction Score
Lebron has always been about Lebron and always will be about Lebron. "I'll be taking my talents to South Beach". That's all you need to know about Lebron. Period.
13 years ago lol. I can acknowledge that he has made certain things about himself, comes with the territory of being one of the top 2 players ever. But always is an incredible stretch, and I think in this specific instance, his influence and willingness to join the olympic team is very welcomed, especially if that means the best players will follow suit. But people always find an issue with anything LeBron does, so be it.

Reaction Score
the best players don't want to play in the olympics

"they're so selfish and entitled and lazy. won't even support their country, none of them want to play in the olympics"

lebron sees his country lose and makes playing in the olympics a priority

"they're so selfish and entitled, making this all about them. the olympics doesn't need help getting players"

nothing is ever going to be good enough for some people. as a basketball fan i'm seeing the best player of my lifetime assemble the best players to play in a worldwide tournament. if you find something wrong about that i'm not sure what more you want. he's not perfect but this is a good thing. ESPECIALLY since we didn't win FIBA and with the Noah Lyles world championship comments. I hope he follows through and guys show out and we give the rest of the world a reality check

Reaction Score
the best players don't want to play in the olympics

"they're so selfish and entitled and lazy. won't even support their country, none of them want to play in the olympics"

lebron sees his country lose and makes playing in the olympics a priority

"they're so selfish and entitled, making this all about them. the olympics doesn't need help getting players"

nothing is ever going to be good enough for some people. as a basketball fan i'm seeing the best player of my lifetime assemble the best players to play in a worldwide tournament. if you find something wrong about that i'm not sure what more you want. he's not perfect but this is a good thing. ESPECIALLY since we didn't win FIBA and with the Noah Lyles world championship comments. I hope he follows through and guys show out and we give the rest of the world a reality check
Thank you. It’s literally so simple. If Jordan had done this, they would say he’s a great leader, has that killer instinct, etc.

Reaction Score
Man nothing brings out the village idiots like LeBron doing anything

“Minions” lmaoooo

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer