Lebron James about to remind the World who the Champs really are: | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lebron James about to remind the World who the Champs really are:

Reaction Score
It’s laughable to suggest having Lebron on a team or USA’s “A” team go to an international competition and they will automatically win. Way different game from the NBA.

Reaction Score
It’s laughable to suggest having Lebron on a team or USA’s “A” team go to an international competition and they will automatically win. Way different game from the NBA.

The 12 best American players have so much more talent than any other country they are nearly guaranteed to win, barring a wild outlier performance.

At the end of the day, talent is the most important factor in winning. A well-coached team of 7th-graders isn't beating the NBA champion. And no other country is beating USA that brings its "A" team. Is what it is.

Reaction Score
The 12 best American players have so much more talent than any other country they are nearly guaranteed to win, barring a wild outlier performance.

At the end of the day, talent is the most important factor in winning. A well-coached team of 7th-graders isn't beating the NBA champion. And no other country is beating USA that brings its "A" team. Is what it is.
Good to now that all those NBA players on the last two World Championship teams were a bunch of talentless hacks. That explains a lot.

Reaction Score
Good to now that all those NBA players on the last two World Championship teams were a bunch of talentless hacks. That explains a lot.

This team that just lost was the 12 best American players? Otherwise what are you responding to?

Reaction Score
How? Still a top 10 player in the world and is a great leader for a team that will be a mix of youth and vets.
Your talking about a 40 year old player. He also lost when he was way better in his prime. You still have to roll the ball out and play. This USA team was the way more talented team of any in the tournament. I just hear excuses for why they didn’t win. Congrats to Germany!

Reaction Score
Your talking about a 40 year old player. He also lost when he was way better in his prime. You still have to roll the ball out and play. This USA team was the way more talented team of any in the tournament. I just hear excuses for why they didn’t win. Congrats to Germany!

Obviously you’re more than welcome to root for Germany against the US. But for the record he was 20 in 2004 when they lost so not remotely in his prime. And he won golds the following 2 Olympics. And whoever the US trots out in 2024 will too, because I suspect Cam Johnson, Bobby Portis and Josh Hart won’t be on the roster.

Reaction Score
Yeah, a 40 year old player….Who averaged 29-8-7 and 12th in the league in PER. Not saying he would be the start of the show (he could be, wouldn’t put it past him) but he would be a huge part, and fits the international game well with versatility and ball movement.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The US obviously had the most talented team in the tournament by a hideously wide margin. But it makes their lack of effort on D and the boards even more inexcusable. Stay home if you aren’t gonna give 100%. Hopefully the Olympic team will play with much more pride.

Reaction Score
Obviously you’re more than welcome to root for Germany against the US. But for the record he was 20 in 2004 when they lost so not remotely in his prime. And he won golds the following 2 Olympics. And whoever the US trots out in 2024 will too, because I suspect Cam Johnson, Bobby Portis and Josh Hart won’t be on the roster.
Don’t forget he got bronze in 2006 but oh wait he wasn’t in his prime either. Neither was Carmelo,Bosh, Dwade or Chris Paul. Portis was actually a great player for this year’s team giving them heart and hustle. But what do I know I speak with facts not with emotion. A team with Schroeder and Theiss won the gold with great play and heart. I’m just not a Lebron cures everything person.

Reaction Score
Don’t forget he got bronze in 2006 but oh wait he wasn’t in his prime either. Neither was Carmelo,Bosh, Dwade or Chris Paul. Portis was actually a great player for this year’s team giving them heart and hustle. But what do I know I speak with facts not with emotion. A team with Schroeder and Theiss won the gold with great play and heart. I’m just not a Lebron cures everything person.
You really should just quit while you're behind, you're showing yourself to be massively out of touch with basketball in this thread

Reaction Score
Think you’re vastly underestimating the respect Lebrons fellow veteran stars have for him. If he shoot’s them a call/text asking to be on his final Olympic team ever, I think most would feel some pressure to take him up on it.

Also this could be a historically great team if all the rumored names commit. That’ll entice some of the non rumored guys to step up as well.
Did they really have the best talent. Atheletes yeah but basketball skill nope. They were too small too. Time for Clingan to be on that team to posterized some German. LOL!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Lebron does love to play with star players. He might be the best player / recruiter in the history of sports

You want to win? you want to represent your country? Just do it

Reaction Score
You really should just quit while you're behind, you're showing yourself to be massively out of touch with basketball in this thread
I actually stated twice where he lost in international competition and a USA team that got beat defensively and on the boards. These are facts not feelings on Lebron and so called greatness. Watch the games. I’m not trying to win or lose argument you just argue your point with Lebron’s greatness.

Reaction Score
IMG_7820.jpeg

Reaction Score
Not sure why there's a controversy of Lebron helping recruit the best NBA players. I'm sure he won't selects the final team, but he's getting buy in. Jason Tatum, Devin Booker, and other stars (including Joel Embid, Kyrie Irving, etc.) are buying in. No other player, Coach or organization can get buy-in like Lebron. NBA super stars don't generally play in international competition for many reasons, now it seems they don't want to be left out.

To me he wants to represent and help our Country win the Gold using his influence. Where's the negativity in that?

Reaction Score

Lol. Try reading my post again big guy.

The olympic team is not going to include Bobby Portis. And I think you probably know Tatum and Lebron are a bit more talented than him.

Reaction Score
LeBron will be the glue that brings the team together and keeps them focused, but he alone is not going to win the gold in Paris.

Who in that tournament is going to stop Kevin Durant? Which foreign coach is going to figure out how to cool Curry down when he catches fire? And what kind of reprieve do the opponents get when Jason Tatum comes off the bench to rain punishment on them?

If LeBron succeeds in getting the band together, the gold medal will be won in blowouts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom