Previous lessons
Learning the Boneyard, Lesson #1: Private messaging
Learning the Boneyard, Lesson #2: Report, Ignore, and Polls
Learning the Boneyard, Lesson #3: Posting links
Learning the Boneyard, Lesson #4: Using the Toolbar
Learning the Boneyard, Lesson #5: Posting videos
Learning the Boneyard, Lesson #6: Posting pictures
Learning the Boneyard, Lesson #7: Personalizing the Boneyard

There are some things about the Boneyard at large, not just the women's board, that you may not be aware of. And there are some things that don't fit into the categories of previous lessons. So, here we are at what is essentially a lesson on Other Stuff.

1. You can alert someone to a post by tagging their name with the @ symbol(above the letter Q on your keyboard). If I start typing @Biff his handle will automatically pop up. I click on it. Then, when I create my post, Biff will get an Alert (remember -it's a red flag that appears at the top, right of the screen) and be able to go directly to the post.

2. You can quote multiple people when replying in a thread. Just click on Quote for each post you're replying to

3. If you click on the The Boneyard banner (shown below), it will take you to the list of forums on the site. Yes, the Boneyard is more than just the women's hoops board.
biff_yard.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-30_7-59-57.png
    upload_2017-12-30_7-59-57.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 49

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
  • Moderators of the women's board are Biff, JS, and me, HuskyNan
  • Moderators of the men's board are Fishy, fleudslipicon, huskymedic, husky99
  • Moderators of the football board are Pudge, Samcro, Skiblets, zls44
  • The big Kahuna of the site is temery (Tom).
5. The Boneyard is almost 25 years old. Long, long ago, on a server far, far away, the Boneyard was one board for all sports. Fans coexisted peacefully until the women won the 2000 championship and women's team fans started the unfortunate "UConn, where men are men and women are champions" mantra (I believe this was stolen from USC). The boards split in 2001. I've forgotten how many different sites/servers the Boneyard has inhabited but most Boneyarders have stuck together.

6. Here is what you've been missing by not checking out the links that are at the top of your screen:
upload_2017-12-30_8-49-53.png

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
7. Watched Forums and Watched Threads, as show on the graphic in the previous post - You can Watch or Ignore posters, threads, and forums. Watching means that when there is a new post, you'll get an alert. You can set the criteria for when you get an alert. For example, click on Watch Forum, on the upper, right hand side of your screen.

upload_2017-12-30_8-58-31.png

A menu will open asking you when you'd like to be Alerted. See next post.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
As you can see, you can get notifications for different things and in different ways (Alert or email)

upload_2017-12-30_9-0-17.png

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Clicking on Ignore Forum will bring up this menu. Honestly, I don't know why anyone would ignore a forum not named Cesspool but to each his own.

upload_2017-12-30_9-1-41.png

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
8. At the top of the first post of each thread, you also have several options.

upload_2017-12-30_9-10-2.png

Clicking on Top Contributors will bring up a list of posters who've participated in the thread. It's a numerical count, not a judgement of whose posts are tops.
You can Watch or Unwatch threads here or Ignore the thread altogether. Fans who don't want to see a certain topic ever again should make liberal use of this button and save yourself some agita in 2018.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
8. At the top of the first post of each thread, you also have several options.

View attachment 27345

Clicking on Top Contributors will bring up a list of posters who've participated in the thread. It's a numerical count, not a judgement of whose posts are tops.
You can Watch or Unwatch threads here or Ignore the thread altogether. Fans who don't want to see a certain topic ever again should make liberal use of this button and save yourself some agita in 2018.
Great word choice AGITA! Well said.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
9. Something else I forgot to mention earlier - you can choose which order you see the posts in. The blue row that has the column headings (see below) can be used to sort the threads.

upload_2017-12-30_10-44-42.png

• If you click on Title, the threads will appear alphabetically. This is helpful if you know the subject of a thread you're looking for. Just a note that if there's some kind of special character or number, those will appear before the letter A. For example "#1 UConn will play Notre Dame this season" would appear before "A list of my favorite players"
  • Clicking on Start Date will sort threads by the date in which they were created
  • Clicking on Replies will sort by most replies in a thread
and so on. If you sort your threads then click on the same column heading twice, it sorts in reverse. For example, clicking on Title sorts the threads A-Z. Clicking on Title again sorts Z-A. If you forget which heading you've sorted on, look for the arrow next to the column title. I have my threads sorted by most recent first (Last Message).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom