Learning more about basketball - ask the experts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Learning more about basketball - ask the experts

Reaction Score
I had always thought that for the refs to call a tie-up it was necessary that there be joint possession
of the basketball. But on countless occasions I have seen refs call a tie-up when one player merely
has her hand on top of the basketball (i.e. not possessing it). What's the rule here? Or is this just
left up to the referee's discretion?

Reaction Score
I had always thought that for the refs to call a tie-up it was necessary that there be joint possession
of the basketball. But on countless occasions I have seen refs call a tie-up when one player merely
has her hand on top of the basketball (i.e. not possessing it). What's the rule here? Or is this just
left up to the referee's discretion?

A tie up is when both players have their hands on the ball. They don’t have to be fighting over the ball

Reaction Score
There are two roots to a dime and assist connection both already mentioned. An assist requires two actions a pass and a hoop. For a dime to drop in a pay phone also required two actions dialing a number and a pickup on the other end. Only then does the dime drop. The other has to do with accuracy to thrown on a dime,dime being the smallest coin requiring super accuracy. This is going to be a fun thread.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24
Top Bottom