Leah Macy, 8th ranked recruit of 2025 sitting behind UConn bench today | The Boneyard

Leah Macy, 8th ranked recruit of 2025 sitting behind UConn bench today

Reaction Score
I don’t see Fudd or Ducharme on bench. Ducharme I understand but what’s up with Azzi ?

Reaction Score
Have seen parts of games Macy played in. Can't say I saw enough to make a true assessment other than she appeared to be high energy on defense and fearless on offense. In one game she rebounded very well against a less than solid opponent.

Reaction Score
Nice link for Leah Macy, thank you! Leah is a 5 star recruit # 8 from Hoop Gurlz and #12 from Prospect Nation.
She reportedly has 40 offers, including N.D. Tenn., LSU, and Florida State. Her club is " Kentucky Premier" (NIKE EYBL)
where she wears # 49 or is it # 44? She already has over 2,000 points in her career and has (at least) 1,197 rebounds
in her career. Leah is listed as 6'3".
She averages 18.2 ppg with a FG % of 56.7%. Ms. Macy is a three point shooter who also averages 7.9 rebounds
a game. Might be called "a player"!!!

Reaction Score
No info, but I can tell you she’s sitting 2 or 3 seats in from the aisle. Looks bigger than 6’2”.
Nice link for Leah Macy, thank you! Leah is a 5 star recruit # 8 from Hoop Gurlz and #12 from Prospect Nation.
She reportedly has 40 offers, including N.D. Tenn., LSU, and Florida State. Her club is " Kentucky Premier" (NIKE EYBL)
where she wears # 49 or is it # 44? She already has over 2,000 points in her career and has (at least) 1,197 rebounds
in her career. Leah is listed as 6'3".
She averages 18.2 ppg with a FG % of 56.7%. Ms. Macy is a three point shooter who also averages 7.9 rebounds
a game. Might be called "a player"!!!
Just home from the game, which was inspiring if one is a UConn fan...:cool:

Regarding Leah Macy, while about to exit the XL Center a half-hour after the game, I happened to say hi to a man and his two daughters, both of whom were wearing 'Bethlehem Basketball' sweatshirts. Being the curious journalistic type that I am, I asked which state they are from, thinking probably Pennsylvania.

When the Dad said Kentucky, right away it occurred to me the taller girl might be a UConn recruiting hopeful. Sure enough, the younger girl (turned out to be Loren) proudly piped up, 'Leah's a recruit.'

I couldn't resist, so I asked if that were so and Leah nodded yes. I followed up by asking if UConn is one of her top possibilities... she smiled and said yes. Then I asked, what are your other preferred choices: 'Duke and Notre Dame,' she responded, in that order.

We talked for a few more minutes but that was the crux of it, for what it's worth.

By the way, she's not 6'3", although she could grow to that height. I might give her 6'2".

Since getting home I read a local story from Kentucky and found out Leah and Loren are very close as sisters and Leah made the choice to transfer to Bethlehem so they could play together.

Reaction Score

Regarding Leah Macy, while about to exit the XL Center a half-hour after the game, I happened to say hi to a man and his two daughters, both of whom were wearing 'Bethlehem Basketball' sweatshirts. Being the curious journalistic type that I am, I asked which state they are from, thinking probably Pennsylvania.

When the Dad said Kentucky, right away it occurred to me the taller girl might be a UConn recruiting hopeful. Sure enough, the younger girl (turned out to be Loren) proudly piped up, 'Leah's a recruit.'

I couldn't resist, so I asked if that were so and Leah nodded yes. I followed up by asking if UConn is one of her top possibilities... she smiled and said yes. Then I asked, what are your other preferred choices: 'Duke and Notre Dame,' she responded, in that order.

We talked for a few more minutes but that was the crux of it, for what it's worth.

By the way, she's not 6'3", although she could grow to that height. I might give her 6'2".

Since getting home I read a local story from Kentucky and found out Leah and Loren are very close as sisters and Leah made the choice to transfer to Bethlehem so they could play together.
Duke Got Robinson.. let us have her lol

Thanks for the update this is great intel.

Reaction Score
She had good seats..
1000008373.jpg

Reaction Score
I don’t see Fudd or Ducharme on bench. Ducharme I understand but what’s up with Azzi ?
It was announced earlier that Patterson, Fudd and Ducharme would not be at today's game. Geno recently said Ducharme and Fudd have not been cleared to travel. Patterson just had surgery, so I assume it's the same for her.

Reaction Score

I wonder if she got to meet the team and coaching staff while she was in Storrs and if she convinced them to offer her a scholarship.

Reaction Score

A very nice bit of recruiting news! A 'two-fer": big sister and younger sister!! A second
edition of Qadence and Qandence,.. maybe? Thanks for the correction on the 6'2" height..
I did see one report of a 6'3" overshoot. Go Huskies...Get Recruits! And wasn't that
a great game (Marquette) for two mid-western recruits to be at!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

As info, there was some concern expressed on McGraw’s Bench that Macy turned up at a UConn game. Evidently, Macy is high on ND’s Christmas wish list.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom