OT: - Leaderboard...starts Thursday...2nd golf major of the year...men | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Leaderboard...starts Thursday...2nd golf major of the year...men

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Justin was 7 back to start...kinda 'back-doored' his way into contention helped by leaders and finished strong.
He has been hard on himself for only winning one major so far...happy for him to get #2. Young and Zalatoris had solid rounds in difficult conditions [one over 71]. Young double-bogeyed mid the back nine...took him out of it. I knew his Sleepy Hollow connections but more importantly I now know he has our very own Tony C connections. He is having very good year...a really good tournament for him with a disappointing ending.

Pereira was often staggering in his round but he made several up/downs for clutch pars on the back nine....missed very makeable birdie putt on 17 by an inch...and then thoroughly messed up 18. That ending will stay with him forever...handled it well.

Leader after one round was at 5 under [Mclroy]...winner after all four rounds....still 5 under. Thomas/the course and the weather won.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Leader by 3...Mito Pereira...had never heard of him prior to this week.
Was leading by 4 and stumbled to bogeys on 8-9-10....lead down to 1 but was impressive down
the stretch. Played 2 under...now with a 3 shot lead at 9 under. I think he is the only one with all 3 scores under par.

Zalatoris' putter went balky on him the first 9....shot 39...but he also bounced back for a 34 on the back nine...tied for second.
There are no 'star players' within 5 shots of Periera. Weather was nasty on Saturday...looks to be the same today.
Mito shoots even par and he wins in a romp...imo. A 75 is just as likely.

Tiger withdraws after a 79...did not look good physically. Less than a month to the U.S. Open...time enough to recover?

BTW: Milford Husky...you often grace the U.S. Open sites....you going to The Country Club near Boston in mid-June?
I have galleried there several times...gorgeous 'New England-y' property.
Blake, I initially wanted to go. I could get some lobstah and chowdah in town and watch some golf, but the USGA stopped ticket sales at some point--crowd-related or Covid-related? So I gave up. I'll go to So. Cal. and Waikiki instead.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom