Lauren Engeln | The Boneyard

Lauren Engeln

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I haven't read every thread so I don't know if this has come up but I thought Lauren did a capable job last night in her first extended minutes against a ranked team, on national TV, early in the game. Her shot was off but she did a good job handling the point and allowing Bria to play the off guard where she is, simply put, deadly. Though she didn't score, Lauren had 2 assists and 0 TOs which is exactly what the Huskies needed from her - no mistakes. Good for her.

Reaction Score
Yes, and the shots she took were good shots, they just didn't fall. Thanks for recognizing Lauren's solid contribution.

Reaction Score
Thank you for commenting on it. Many of us post privately about LE and her lack of playing time and frankly I thought she looked quite comfortable out there and made several nice passes to open teammates. Her 3 point shot will come when she gets more playing time as it's always a little different shooting in games than shooting in practice. I'm more concerned about seeing "bricks" if you will. She was a little long but otherwise on target. Good job, Lauren!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yea, I thought she fit in pretty well. Of course almost everyone did last night. (Buck still seems to be struggling with her hand/wrist)

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I noted in a short aside in another thread that GA seems to be willing to put her in at the end of the first half these days, which tells me that she is showing him some things in practices that he likes. She certainly isn't gun-shy, and her shots, except for one. weren't way off. Heck, I think she missed far fewer shots than KML. :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Our second five could wreak havoc in the ACC.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Many of us post privately about LE and her lack of playing time and frankly I thought she looked quite comfortable out there and made several nice passes to open teammates.
To be fair to Geno re: the playing time issue, last year Lauren was a bit of a chucker. This year she seems to have reigned in her impulses and learned to run the offense. Maybe she and Brianna have been helping one another in that regard as they've both improved in this aspect this season.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
To be fair to Geno re: the playing time issue, last year Lauren was a bit of a chucker.
Wow, one little letter makes all the difference (n). I first read that as chunker. Doh. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom