Laundry list of Coach Hurley's shortcomings this year | The Boneyard

Laundry list of Coach Hurley's shortcomings this year

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
After the game, I heard a commentator say Hurley was "strangely subdued". That's not it at all. He knows that the job has just begun. This team doesn't need the fist pumping. They got this.
We don’t need crazy man Hurley. We need a coach in complete control of a dynamic team. Benching Sanogo and Hawkins for their stupid play, shows he is 100% in control.

Reaction Score
Don't kid yourself.. Danny is benefiting from having a glass of Geno wine on the long ride back to Storrs(celebrating the Trophy) talking about/with Geno.. When you're 8-0.. How do you keep the team hungry? Geno knows and Danny learns. Coaching psychology no matter who your team is.

pj

Reaction Score
He would be wise to listen

That's like a guy worth $100 million sitting next to a billionaire and talking to him about how to make money. Yeah, you might learn something, but you might also find it more useful to talk about something else.

Reaction Score
That's like a guy worth $100 million sitting next to a billionaire and talking to him about how to make money. Yeah, you might learn something, but you might also find it more useful to talk about something else.
Yea.. Just a spin on what Hurley said about talkin' to Geno on the way out to the PKI on the plane and how it benefited him

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You’re not completely wrong here. I have seen guys humble bragging about their multi million dollar deals to a (near) billionaire. He was neither engaged nor impressed. On the other hand people who came to him after doing the groundwork with a specific question often got good advice or connected to helpful people.

Reaction Score
Let us enjoy our team’s accomplishments but hold the bragging until we see the Huskies cut down the net that counts. They are a very good team but don’t count on a non-defeated season. They do not walk on water the court floor is still made of wood. Hey they are our team GO HUSKIES!,

Reaction Score
At the beginning he was trying to give the team an edge. Show the team he had their back. Now he has a team that won't get excited about a bad call. He'll be better this year because his team got this. Ps I don't think Hawkins will get another tech.

Reaction Score
You’re not completely wrong here. I have seen guys humble bragging about their multi million dollar deals to a (near) billionaire. He was neither engaged nor impressed. On the other hand people who came to him after doing the groundwork with a specific question often got good advice or connected to helpful people.
Article on the Yard about Geno and Danny bonding on the way out to PKI earlier in the week.. That's all that's goin' on in my comments.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Evidently, he's too smug by half...

Reaction Score
I think the one fair critique of Danny was his handling of offensive sets but this is his first roster entirely his own design and he is obviously killing it. Talent >>>>>

Reaction Score
Don't kid yourself.. Danny is benefiting from having a glass of Geno wine on the long ride back to Storrs(celebrating the Trophy) talking about/with Geno.. When you're 8-0.. How do you keep the team hungry?

He would be wise to listen
Gives a whole new meaning........................ Wait...........................To flying coach. ;)

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Coach Hurley is in his 5th season. This is where he moves out of the shadow and into the light.

Every player on the team is someone he brought in. From the freshmen to the squad he shoplifted from the transfer portal....

All Hurley approved players, brought in precisely because they are his style of player, bought into his system.

A big piece that he has now, as he had not really had at his previous jobs is UConn. The brand name of the school has, IMHO, opened more doors for him to entice 3, 4, and 5 star prospects he may not have been able to entice at previous gigs.

This year is not only a special place and time for the program, but a sneak preview of our future.

Reaction Score
Ok I will bite.

He’s been really good, most rotations much better. But a noticeable weakness is in bounds plays. Seems either Sanogo or Clingan are getting lobs 90% of the time sometimes in corners, not good. Can we get a guard an open look or just open please.

There!!!

Last edited:

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Your list of what Hurley needs to do was empty, but the brainiacs on the yard have two threads here saying:
  1. He needs to find ways to play Clingan and Sanogo together
  2. He needs to stop being smug
Classic Boneyard.

Reaction Score
Ok I will bite.

He’s been really good, most rotations much better. But a noticeable weakness is in bounds plays. Seems either Sanogo or Clingan are getting lobs 90% of the time sometimes in corners, not good. Can we get a guard an open look or just open please.

There!!!
Yeah I’ve noticed that too - but any chance he’s just holding onto those plays? We really haven’t been in a position to NEED a bucket off inbounds. Maybe he’s just keeping those plays hidden for now. Past years we’ve had decent inbounds plays so he does have them in the bag.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Anyone else think that those early fouls in the second half of the Iowa State game were as much to bait Hurley into a technical as to even the fouls.

I was really happy he kept his cool.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom