Latest on Lou..? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Latest on Lou..?

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Has she been practicing? If not fully, then I would not play her. Don't throw the whole season away now.

Reaction Score
The Doctors and Trainers in this thread (not everyone) says she wont play, so they must be right.

Reaction Score
On Geno show tonight, he said that trainer says she can play a certain # of minutes. KLS of course came in asking for there to be no restrictions. Geno said "we'll see how you play."

That suggested to me she will see some time on the floor.

Reaction Score
On Geno show tonight, he said that trainer says she can play a certain # of minutes. KLS of course came in asking for there to be no restrictions. Geno said "we'll see how you play."

She's not coming out unless she says she needs to come out of the game. If Lou can puke during TV TOs and continue to play on, she can play on Sunday. Nothing's stopping Lou from playing in this game!!!

Reaction Score

Geno also said her playing time will depend on how she's playing. If she is playing well, she'll stay in...if not...she'll come out. I am sure he'll watch how she does in practice Friday and Saturday...and assuming that goes well, she'll play Sunday...and how much depends on how she's playing. Sounded like Lou wants to play big time. Geno also said the team is not the same without her in the lineup. I'm pretty excited to see her back...soon!!! Sunday!!!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Geno also said her playing time will depend on how she's playing. If she is playing well, she'll stay in...if not...she'll come out. I am sure he'll watch how she does in practice Friday and Saturday...and assuming that goes well, she'll play Sunday...and how much depends on how she's playing. Sounded like Lou wants to play big time. Geno also said the team is not the same without her in the lineup. I'm pretty excited to see her back...soon!!! Sunday!!!
It also depends on how stiff and sore she is after those 2 practices.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
It's best to leave Muffet guessing as to whether KLS plays in the game or not, right up until the opening tip. :eek: them.

At the very least she makes a fabulous decoy, even if she can't do much of anything. She'll attract so much defensive attention that somebody has to be wide open somewhere else on the court.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Lou will play vs ND. The only suspense is how many minutes. Knowing how tough she is (remember the MD game last season) I would not be surprised if Lou is on the court for 20-25 minutes or more.

Reaction Score
Lou will play vs ND. The only suspense is how many minutes. Knowing how tough she is (remember the MD game last season) I would not be surprised if Lou is on the court for 20-25 minutes or more.
Lou wants to make up for lost time. She will be "en fuego"...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Better send a memo to the DailyCampus about their article this morning: "UConn will likely be without the services of Katie Lou Samuelson for the fifth consecutive game as she continues to recover from a midfoot sprain she suffered in the Huskies’ home opener against California on Nov. 17. " Women’s Basketball: Huskies renew rivalry with Notre Dame at XL Center

Reaction Score
I was about to post this when Rocky posted above. Still think I should even though it might be irrelevant

I don't know if Lou will play (who does? maybe not even Geno until tomorrow's practice), but I can't believe she'll start. Z has proved herself and I wouldn't mess with the recent offensive pattern against ND. Plenty of opportunity after Sunday to figure out the dynamics that now include Z playing the kind of game Geno wants to see from her. So, when Geno says that Lou's minutes may be limited, what he really might be saying is that he'd like to see continuity for Sunday. Probably do the same if it were Pheesa or Gabby who had been injured instead.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Better send a memo to the DailyCampus about their article this morning: "UConn will likely be without the services of Katie Lou Samuelson for the fifth consecutive game as she continues to recover from a midfoot sprain she suffered in the Huskies’ home opener against California on Nov. 17. " Women’s Basketball: Huskies renew rivalry with Notre Dame at XL Center
I was about to post this when Rocky posted above. Still think I should even though it might be irrelevant

I don't know if Lou will play (who does? maybe not even Geno until tomorrow's practice), but I can't believe she'll start. Z has proved herself and I wouldn't mess with the recent offensive pattern against ND. Plenty of opportunity after Sunday to figure out the dynamics that now include Z playing the kind of game Geno wants to see from her. So, when Geno says that Lou's minutes may be limited, what he really might be saying is that he'd like to see continuity for Sunday. Probably do the same if it were Pheesa or Gabby who had been injured instead.
Not saying the Daily Campus is wrong, but if Geno says Lou is playing, I tend to go with the short Italian guy.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well I just heard the broadcast and it is a stitch - so Katie Lou. "Janelle just told me I'm going to have to limit my minutes on Sunday . I'm going to be on a minute count and I don't want to do that. So I figured I'd come right to you and tell you that I don't want to do that." Geno: "You're saying you don't want to play at all?" Lou "No. I wanna play the whole game or I don't want to have to come out." Geno: "Well we'll make that decision when I watch you play. If I think you look good then you'll play a lot. If I don't think you look good, you're not..." Lou: "Okay, fair enough." ... a little chat ... "But, we are not the same team without her. You can talk all you want about this kid iss good, that kid is good ...but, you know...Lou is the only kid we have that bridges that gap between guard and forward....Lou floats between the two and stretches the defense...." Really great stuff.

And I have to be the one spilling these beans. I want to get up in the morning get my 3rd cupa and get to reading it, not digging for it... criminey!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Not saying the Daily Campus is wrong, but if Geno says Lou is playing, I tend to go with the short Italian guy.

Hope not, but it could be her foot did not react well after the most recent practice and the Daily Campus has more recent information?? Possible?

But then again, they have today and tomorrow to see how her foot is doing.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
wish there was a replay of that show. My guess is we will get more credible info later this afternoon as media are invited to the last minutes of practice and then have availability with the coaches and players.

Reaction Score
wish there was a replay of that show. My guess is we will get more credible info later this afternoon as media are invited to the last minutes of practice and then have availability with the coaches and players.
It’s on the UConn Women’s Basketball Facebook page.

Reaction Score
Lou is one tough player and will probably play even on one leg so I hope the coaching staff does limit her minutes. While this game is a big one, it's about winning the war and not about 1 battle (which hopefully we can win even without major contributions from Lou)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Batouly ... Geno not as encouraging there. Sounds like she still has a way to go.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom