Latest on Lou..? | The Boneyard

Latest on Lou..?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
What's the latest info we have on Lou's injury and status for Sunday, from UCONN sources ?

Inquiring minds, and all

Reaction Score
Let's not expect too much from her after the long layoff.

Reaction Score
What's the latest info we have on Lou's injury and status for Sunday, from UCONN sources ?

Inquiring minds, and all
No news is good news ~~~

Reaction Score
It's not likely she'll be ready. They need her for the entire season not just against Notre Dame. We can still win, though it would be easier with Lou.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I think the no news is good news is a good thing and I also think that by not revealing her status makes the scouting report for Notre Dame that much more difficult. Not knowing if Lou will start / play versus whether Z will start is something that Notre Dame will have to plan for, using both scenarios.
Even though no matter what they plan for will make no difference :)

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
She's still on the roster.

Not just on the roster, during on timeout at Nevada, when Geno was too disgusted to talk to the team, she took over coaching responsibilities, talking to the team for almost of the timeout. Then Geno came into the huddle, with seconds to go before the game restarted, and all he said was "Don't listen to Lou, she doesn't know what she's talking about."

(OK, OK<that quote is a joke, I think. )

Reaction Score
Didn't she make 10 for 10 threes, first game back after an injury? Or am I thinking of someone else?

I don’t think she was coming back from injury when she didn’t that. But I believe you are talking about KML. I think she went 7-10 vs Duke when she came back from her elbow injury/mono.

Reaction Score
Didn't she make 10 for 10 threes, first game back after an injury? Or am I thinking of someone else?
Maybe you're thinking of KML who made quite a few (but not 10) when she returned from the elbow thing against Duke.

Reaction Score
I think she'll play. If she was running the stairs in the Nevada arena a couple of days and out of the boot now for a few days, that means her foot is probably OK enough to play. There's no concussion protocol to go through, no broken bones, or torn ligaments. It's just a sprain, so if she can run pain free, she'll be cleared to practice and play on Sunday.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Not just on the roster, during on timeout at Nevada, when Geno was too disgusted to talk to the team, she took over coaching responsibilities, talking to the team for almost of the timeout. Then Geno came into the huddle, with seconds to go before the game restarted, and all he said was "Don't listen to Lou, she doesn't know what she's talking about."

(OK, OK<that quote is a joke, I think. )
The announcers said she ran the arena steps hard in practice.

Reaction Score
I don’t think she was coming back from injury when she didn’t that. But I believe you are talking about KML. I think she went 7-10 vs Duke when she came back from her elbow injury/mono.
Maybe you're thinking of KML who made quite a few (but not 10) when she returned from the elbow thing against Duke.
Kinda looks like I cheated off your paper, doesn't it?

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
The further I go in this thread, the more optimistic I am becoming!

I`m guessing that they had yesterday off so today is likely their first day back to practice, and hopefully she will continue to progress over the next few days. Running the stairs hard is obviously a great sign. Ability to cut and move laterally may not be 100%, and if so maybe Geno will try to get away with playing zone for stretches with Lou in there.

(Note: in considering a zone, maybe it makes sense to use it for part of the time in any event. Only 6 of ND`s 31 field goals against Michigan were three pointers, and as a team they only have 27 in 7 games and a percentage of 30.7%. Mabrey is only 7 for 35 from three point range, hope she doesn`t figure it out between now and Sunday! Young has 0 three pointers in 5 attempts.)

Also, responding to Aluminny69, Lou didn`t have a great game prior to the 10 for 10 game, 12 points against UCF, but she did play 35 minutes in that game. The only other time Lou missed a UConn game (before now) was the 2016 Championship Game. As others have noted, you are probably thinking of KML.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
The announcers said she ran the arena steps hard in practice.

I saw people talk about that in the game thread but didn't know if it was a real quote , but i like reading that

Reaction Score
I saw people talk about that in the game thread but didn't know if it was a real quote , but i like reading that
It was an observation by the announcers that they saw her doing so before the game, and during the game there was no boot and she was up and moving around.

Reaction Score
I think the no news is good news is a good thing and I also think that by not revealing her status makes the scouting report for Notre Dame that much more difficult. Not knowing if Lou will start / play versus whether Z will start is something that Notre Dame will have to plan for, using both scenarios.
Even though no matter what they plan for will make no difference :)
When ND looks at the scouting report the only response is "Oh Crap we are in trouble "

Reaction Score
if you want to measure her chances of playing against ND I'd say she's just a foot short......

CHARLIE: good one , as usual. (Notice you still have that dribble a little high in you avatar.....Crystal would have that down the other end and in the hoop in a couple of seconds) ( :

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Saw her around lunchtime out on campus today scurrying over to the basketball building.....no boot, no socks, no limp..yes, she did have shoes on.....

Uhhhhh, Mr. Bird. If you're on campus, we should be getting a lot more "live" news reports from you daily. Are you willing to step up to the challenge? :eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom