Latest Creme Bracketology Places LSU as #2 Seed, UConn a #3 | The Boneyard

Latest Creme Bracketology Places LSU as #2 Seed, UConn a #3

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

ESPN is ponders the idea of the Tigers being a #1. Here's Creme's thought processa/apologia/mea culpa on the Tigers:

"Much has been made of LSU's extremely weak nonconference schedule, but it hasn't hurt the Tigers. Six wins against teams outside the NET top-250, zero wins against a top-50 team, an average opponent NET rank of 255 -- and none of it seems to matter. Perhaps because of their sheer dominance against weaker competition, or because enough other teams once thought elite have faltered, LSU is knocking at the door of a No. 1 seed. With a 44.0-point average margin of victory, the Tigers have yet to be tested. That makes doubting them easy, but an overall NET of No. 2 and ranking in the top 10 nationally in 46 different Her Hoop Stats categories make the Tigers impossible to ignore. Analyzing them has been nearly impossible. And despite finally getting a challenge on Dec. 29 from fellow unbeaten Arkansas at the onset of SEC play, even the conference schedule doesn't offer consistent challenges. LSU could be great -- or the metrics might have the Tigers truly overrated."

Here's are my thoughts:
  • If you can yin-yang the Huskies on injury of the week, why should another JV pounding make for a meteoric rise?
  • Some patience. If most of us on the general board can point to the Duke game to see if UVA is for real, how about waiting until the Arkansas game to see if this hopped-up car can really motor?

Reaction Score

ESPN is ponders the idea of the Tigers being a #1. Here's Creme's thought processa/apologia/mea culpa on the Tigers:

"Much has been made of LSU's extremely weak nonconference schedule, but it hasn't hurt the Tigers. Six wins against teams outside the NET top-250, zero wins against a top-50 team, an average opponent NET rank of 255 -- and none of it seems to matter. Perhaps because of their sheer dominance against weaker competition, or because enough other teams once thought elite have faltered, LSU is knocking at the door of a No. 1 seed. With a 44.0-point average margin of victory, the Tigers have yet to be tested. That makes doubting them easy, but an overall NET of No. 2 and ranking in the top 10 nationally in 46 different Her Hoop Stats categories make the Tigers impossible to ignore. Analyzing them has been nearly impossible. And despite finally getting a challenge on Dec. 29 from fellow unbeaten Arkansas at the onset of SEC play, even the conference schedule doesn't offer consistent challenges. LSU could be great -- or the metrics might have the Tigers truly overrated."

Here's are my thoughts:
  • If you can yin-yang the Huskies on injury of the week, why should another JV pounding make for a meteoric rise?
  • Some patience. If most of us on the general board can point to the Duke game to see if UVA is for real, how about waiting until the Arkansas game to see if this hopped-up car can really motor?
In the sense that there's no argument or "eye test" that I can think of to be considered for a 1 seed. then, yea they're overrated. He's hurting his cred with the mere question. Stevie Wonder knows that LSU isn't a 1 seed. They're not a bad team. They just aren't a 1 seed good.

Reaction Score
As a LSU fan this makes me cringe so badly but I can't help but wonder half of this stuff being put out is click bait to draw people in. I'm 100% convinced they do this to rile people up and this isn't the first time they have done it. They know good and well what LSUs resume is (nothing) and they still put out stuff like this on purpose. They know what they are doing....

LSU aint a top 4 seed until they start beating ranked opponents and proving their worth in conference play vs quad 1 opponents. LSU has a good squad IMO but they should be ranked in the 20-25 range right now at best. They can work their way up beating teams in conference play and proving themselves more. Outside of beating a okay Oregon St team handily, there isn't much to make of them right now. They have talented players but you can't gage how good they truly are as a team yet. Kim has scheduled weak historically in OOC but its never been this bad even by her standards. I get the schedule was made before all those transfers came in but it still should be better than what it is. The ranked Arkansas game on the road will speak volumes on where they truly are at next week.

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
As a LSU fan this makes me cringe so badly but I can't help but wonder half of this stuff being put out is click bait to draw people in. I'm 100% convinced they do this to rile people up and this isn't the first time they have done it. They know what they are doing....

LSU aint a top 4 seed until they start beating ranked opponents and proving their worth in conference play vs quad 1 opponents. LSU has a good squad IMO but they should be ranked in the 20-25 range right now at best. They can work their way up beating teams in conference play and proving themselves more. Outside of beating a okay Oregon St team handily, there isn't much to make of them right now. They have talented players but you can't gage how good they truly are as a team yet. Kim has scheduled weak historically in OOC but its never been this bad even by her standards. The Arkansas game on the road will speak volumes on where they truly are at next week.
Yes, Yes and Yes to watching the Arkansas game for a barometer.
(And, given ESPN's, err, relationship with the SEC channel, you very well may have a point. ;):confused:)

Reaction Score
Well, according to the Big East website, St. John’s is in first place in the Big East.

Utah is the PAC 12’s AQ at the moment.

Charlie is using the methodology that the committee uses to seed teams as they would if the seeding was done today. It generates conversation and clicks on the ESPN website.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well, according to the Big East website, St. John’s is in first place in the Big East.

Utah is the PAC 12’s AQ at the moment.

Charlie is using the methodology that the committee uses to seed teams as they would if the seeding was done today. It generates conversation and clicks on the ESPN website.
Creme has my dream job. Definitely some grenades in this bracket. Like TN as one of the 1st 4 out. ALA last 4 in. Who woulda thunk?!!!!

Reaction Score
Geno should shoot for dead last in SOS and then pound his chest at end of December. The reward, #1 seed by the expert, Charlie Creme.

For the rest of us, it’s a time waster on our phone while waiting for the wife to try on clothes.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Welcome Kansas.
1671568796959.png

Reaction Score
LSU fans should really be impressed with their team, they have played the least impressive schedule in women’s basketball. They have not played one ranked team. Their coach always has and always will schedule games that they will always win. She only cares about her win and lost record. And the so call experts always reward her by ranking her team higher than they deserve. UCONN has played 4 top 10 and 5 top 20 teams. Lost 2 games to ranked teams on the road, with 4 top players (ND) and 5 top players (MD) unavailable due to injuries. Under similar circumstances, no other team in WBB would have their record. Now it’s time to get off of my soap box.

Reaction Score
Geno should shoot for dead last in SOS and then pound his chest at end of December. The reward, #1 seed by the expert, Charlie Creme.

For the rest of us, it’s a time waster on our phone while waiting for the wife to try on clothes.
You're GOOD! Me shop with the wife?! Maybe...just maybe...if we're buying a new home. lol Car? Nope. I would need multi refills on a valium prescription.:(

Reaction Score

Here's are my thoughts:
Mr. Charles Creem "Bracketology" sounds like "click bait" to me. It is not worth my listening to this LSU stuff.

Reaction Score
And ESPN is hurting their cred having weekly bracketology updates beginning in November.
All Creme wants at this stage of the season is to get his name out there. We are all unfortunately helping his cause.

Reaction Score
As we all know, the NCAA Tournament is played on the court, not in Charlie Creme's bracketology. The National Champion will be crowned after a battle on the court.

However, to even ask the question if LSU should be a #1 seed is wacko. All the stats are there...they are playing one of the weakest out of conference schedules imaginable. If this is to pad the HC's win/loss percentage or to make the Team overconfident it is a bad strategy. LSU will NOT go undefeated. LSU will NOT be a #1 seed come the Tournament. The players are NOT playing a competitive schedule to this point and will be hard pressed to pull out the nail biter down the road....Iron sharpens Iron. Playing cupcakes will NOT help LSU when they are playing against the top 68 teams in NCAA WBB. I predict LSU is out of the tournament at the Sweet 16 or earlier.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
How can they be #2 in the NET considering their opposition so far this season? The next Creme bracketology will have them as a 2 seed the way things are going.
I was being sarcastic when I stated this yesterday on the AP ratings thread. Now Creme actually did it and is talking about LSU might be a #1 seed. Like I said in an earlier post in the same AP ratings thread. "What the heck are these people are smoking, and I want some of it."

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Folks, you miss the point...
Don't get riled up...(one L or 2 ?)
It's a gig!

Charlie has a sweet ESPN job of providing weekly entertainment
consisting of playing like a kid in a sand box following the ups and downs
of the early woman's results.

He knows as well as anyone that it means Bupkis
At some point in the middle of February his analysis (?)
may take on some aspects of reality (some even question that)

Until then...enjoy the show and keep your blood pressure in check.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom