Latest Bracketology from Charlie Creme | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Latest Bracketology from Charlie Creme

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I get the no love for the LVs but UT has been pretty good this year. The new freshmen have teamed up with Nared and Russell to get a solid starting five. I'm not ready to anoint them a FF team and they have some challenging games ahead but it's a much better team than the previous two years. If they stay healthy I think they can advance far in the tournament.

UT? You mean Tennessee, not Texas.

I think the LV's are back. I'm not predicting FF, but I think they'll make E8.

Reaction Score
There has only been five teams. In the great history of the program. That started a season 13-0 this year is one of them. :)

It's an impressive start to the year. I don't think their schedule was a challenging as some were a few years back when Summitt was at her prime but with so much youth that was probably by design.

I think after the big games against 3 of the top 5 we will see just how good they really are. The SEC isn't a strong conference outside of the top tier so they should keep winning several games. I worry about MSU given their lack of depth against a team like UT.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
There has only been five teams. In the great history of the program. That started a season 13-0 this year is one of them. :)
But I am fairly certain that this is by far the softest November and December schedule Tennessee has ever played.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
But I am fairly certain that this is by far the softest November and December schedule Tennessee has ever played.

Sagarin has the strength of schedule at 48 while Massey has it at 15; that's quite a difference in not sure why they are so different.

Tennessee fanswho used to be proud of the strength of schedule are probably muttering to themselves a bit, and while this is schedule isn't the like the ones in the past it's not quite as bad as it looks. Stanford turns out to be a weaker opponent than people thought but Marquette and Oklahoma State are both much more worthy opponents than anyone expected, so we aren't used to seeing those team's on the schedule and thinking how to the schedule is.

A Tennessee the past few years would have stumbled against those teams but they much better this year. The SEC is no longer the conference it used to be so it probably won't have much of a challenge other than maybe Mississippi State and South Carolina. That may hurt come tournament time.

Edit, Oh also an out of conference game against Notre Dame

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think this team is better than last year's team. Part of that is the way the team plays together. Yes there are areas to improve on. I think this team also is having fun.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
It's an impressive start to the year. I don't think their schedule was a challenging as some were a few years back when Summitt was at her prime but with so much youth that was probably by design.

I think after the big games against 3 of the top 5 we will see just how good they really are. The SEC isn't a strong conference outside of the top tier so they should keep winning several games. I worry about MSU given their lack of depth against a team like UT.
I thought going into the season. The freshman would be alright. Once they got some games in. I do think the SEC schedule is pretty challenging.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Sagarin has the strength of schedule at 48 while Massey has it at 15; that's quite a difference in not sure why they are so different.

Tennessee fanswho used to be proud of the strength of schedule are probably muttering to themselves a bit, and while this is schedule isn't the like the ones in the past it's not quite as bad as it looks. Stanford turns out to be a weaker opponent than people thought but Marquette and Oklahoma State are both much more worthy opponents than anyone expected, so we aren't used to seeing those team's on the schedule and thinking how to the schedule is.

A Tennessee the past few years would have stumbled against those teams but they much better this year. The SEC is no longer the conference it used to be so it probably won't have much of a challenge other than maybe Mississippi State and South Carolina. That may hurt come tournament time.
Sagarin and Massey have very different methods for calculating SOS. I don't know the ins and outs of it, but such discrepancies are not too uncommon.

For Pat Summitt their strength of schedule was always a boasting point, and their fans parroted her boasting ad nauseum. But now, after suffering through consecutive seasons with double-digit losses, I think they're just so giddy about winning games again they barely care about the schedule.

You're right about Oklahoma State being better than anyone expected, but both Texas and Marquette have been disappointments relative to expectations. Texas was ranked #2 in the preseason AP poll, and Marquette was ranked #17 but neither has played close to those rankings.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I think this team is better than last year's team. Part of that is the way the team plays together. Yes there are areas to improve on. I think this team also is having fun.
There's no doubt this team is playing better than last year's team. Very noticeable difference.

Reaction Score
Sagarin and Massey have very different methods for calculating SOS. I don't know the ins and outs of it, but such discrepancies are not too uncommon.

For Pat Summitt their strength of schedule was always a boasting point, and their fans parroted her boasting ad nauseum. But now, after suffering through consecutive seasons with double-digit losses, I think they're just so giddy about winning games again they barely care about the schedule.

You're right about Oklahoma State being better than anyone expected, but both Texas and Marquette have been disappointments relative to expectations. Texas was ranked #2 in the preseason AP poll, and Marquette was ranked #17 but neither has played close to those rankings.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

I had forgotten that Marquette was ranked so high at the beginning of the season. However, while they've long been a decent team, they are not one that is viewed as a powerhouse, so seeing them on a schedule doesn't elicit a "wow".

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom