Latest Bracketology from Charlie Creme | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Latest Bracketology from Charlie Creme

Reaction Score
Baylor beat Stanford when they were like no.12 and Kentucky when they were like no.18.....

"When they were ranked..." Always strikes me as an odd argument. A #14 ranking does not mean the team is the 14th best team in the country. It means the voters *think* it is the 14th best team. Voters are often wrong; particularly early in the season when there is limited info.

Current ranking is what matters IMHO.

Reaction Score
"When they were ranked..." Always strikes me as an odd argument. A #14 ranking does not mean the team is the 14th best team in the country. It means the voters *think* it is the 14th best team. Voters are often wrong; particularly early in the season when there is limited info.

So now you get to use the OKST card since they are ranked now....how convenient. Stanford is ranked again so you can have a credit and we will take a credit. ;)

Reaction Score
Marquette at the time of the game and Stanford before they fell out the Top 25 for a week. Oklahoma State is ranked now, but wasn’t at the time of the game. Next 3 road games will be against ranked teams Texas A&M, South Carolina, Notre Dame, and then a home game against Miss State.

Reaction Score
So now you get to use the OKST card since they are ranked now....how convenient. Stanford is ranked again so you can have a credit and we will take a credit. ;)

Uhh . I don’t know what school you think I am a fan of, but you are wrong. My team has not played Ok St.

Secondly I was speaking objectively. I would say them regardless of the situation.

Reaction Score
As a part time observer of TN, you have to realize that this year the team has some shooters that can make shots. They have shooters that are not afraid to shoot.
Holly is a different coach this year with the function of addition by substraction Believe it or not, IMHO, if they can get through the SEC relatively unscathed, and possibly knock off ND, they can be a top ten team.
We have had this discussion before, where UConn is #1, 4 teams make up the next tier, and then the rest. Like they say, on any given......, #6 through #25 can win or lose.

Reaction Score
Uhh . I don’t know what school you think I am a fan of, but you are wrong. My team has not played Ok St.

Secondly I was speaking objectively. I would say them regardless of the situation.

It wasn't
As a part time observer of TN, you have to realize that this year the team has some shooters that can make shots. They have shooters that are not afraid to shoot.
Holly is a different coach this year with the function of addition by substraction Believe it or not, IMHO, if they can get through the SEC relatively unscathed, and possibly knock off ND, they can be a top ten team.
We have had this discussion before, where UConn is #1, 4 teams make up the next tier, and then the rest. Like they say, on any given., #6 through #25 can win or lose.

I agree that they are a different team. They look a lot better, but also look young which is exactly what they are. I am interested in seeming them grow over the next couple seasons. However, they are have to get through A&M, SC, Miss St, and ND all in a ten day span. That will show us a lot about them. Very interested in seeing where they stand later in the season.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Texas can't seem to find chemistry and maybe once Joyner is back in the starting line up and playing like herself we will see the Texas team we all thought they would be. They are struggling to find the consistent post play that they are used to having.
Did you bother to watch Texas' games against FSU and WVU ?

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

It's a little more complicated than that.

There's no question that very early season rankings contain a lot of guesswork that guesswork may turn out to be misguided as actual performance either over or underperforms the original guess. In those cases, the more recent ranking reflects the reality and that should be the measure.

At the other extreme, a team may gain or lose one or more significant players. Losing due to injury, gaining due to recovery from an injury or other issues such as Joyner Holmes. In these situations, a team can be ranked materially differently at different points in the season and both might accurately reflect their strength at the time.

In between these two extremes, one generally expects all teams to get better over the season as players become more experienced, but this growth might be an even with some teams gaining more than others.

Reaction Score
It's a little more complicated than that.

There's no question that very early season rankings contain a lot of guesswork that guesswork may turn out to be misguided as actual performance either over or underperforms the original guess. In those cases, the more recent ranking reflects the reality and that should be the measure.

At the other extreme, a team may gain or lose one or more significant players. Losing due to injury, gaining due to recovery from an injury or other issues such as Joyner Holmes. In these situations, a team can be ranked materially differently at different points in the season and both might accurately reflect their strength at the time.

In between these two extremes, one generally expects all teams to get better over the season as players become more experienced, but this growth might be an even with some teams gaining more than others.

Agreed. By releasing his bracketology it generates a lot of discussion, albeit, discussion that probably doesn't make much sense at this point in the season.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Bracketology with Charlie Creme

This just recently posted on ESPN. He has UCONN, Notre Dame, Mississippi State and Louisville as #1's.
Surprise of all surprises he has Tennessee with UCONN in the Albany bracket.
How fluid do you think his first take is?
Hmmm, maybe something like this

images

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think the bracket on selection day will look different.

Reaction Score
Did you bother to watch Texas' games against FSU and WVU ?

Yes I did actually. My point is I really thought with all of the talent McDonalds AA's and how much depth you have in your post that they would be playing a huge part this season. You have have one post player score double digits consistently since Dec 3rd. Jatarie White 10-14 pts. Last game against a rather depleted and injured West Virginia team Boothe joined her. My point is that the last several seasons y'alls post play has been some of the best in the country. I although am a BU fan was kinda excited to see what they would do this year with all the talent and haven't been as impressed with it.

What will happen when they face Stevens and UConn or McCowan with Miss St.? My point being Joyner Holmes is a boss when she is on her game and I think once she gets back in her groove Texas will become the force that everyone expected them to be. The Tennessee lost just made everyone scratch their heads. I bet once she is back playing like herself if y'all were to face Tenn it would probably be a different story.

Although I obviously would love to beat y'all it's great for our conference and schedules if they stay good and keep doing good along with BU.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Yes I did actually. My point is I really thought with all of the talent McDonalds AA's and how much depth you have in your post that they would be playing a huge part this season. You have have one post player score double digits consistently since Dec 3rd. Jatarie White 10-14 pts. Last game against a rather depleted and injured West Virginia team Boothe joined her. My point is that the last several seasons y'alls post play has been some of the best in the country. I although am a BU fan was kinda excited to see what they would do this year with all the talent and haven't been as impressed with it.

What will happen when they face Stevens and UConn or McCowan with Miss St.? My point being Joyner Holmes is a boss when she is on her game and I think once she gets back in her groove Texas will become the force that everyone expected them to be. The Tennessee lost just made everyone scratch their heads. I bet once she is back playing like herself if y'all were to face Tenn it would probably be a different story.

Although I obviously would love to beat y'all it's great for our conference and schedules if they stay good and keep doing good along with BU.
Can't say I agree. Jatarie White is an upgrade from Kelsey Lang. Audrey-Anne Caron-Goudreau is playing much better than she did last season. Rellah Boothe and Olamide Aborowa are more than serviceable when they spell the starters. Joyner is not yet at her level from one year ago, so that provides more optimism should she get there in the next few weeks. That is a lot of fouls to try to get on teams with only one or two post players on their roster (like Oklahoma State tonight, and Baylor soon).

Texas is a guard-oriented team right now based on experience, talent, and depth; that is why we basically start 3 true guards (even though Ariel Atkins has good enough size and strength to play SF). But, I believe we have more quality depth in the post than the last few years, and than many more teams this season.

Reaction Score
Can't say I agree. Jatarie White is an upgrade from Kelsey Lang. Audrey-Anne Caron-Goudreau is playing much better than she did last season. Rellah Boothe and Olamide Aborowa are more than serviceable when they spell the starters. Joyner is not yet at her level from one year ago, so that provides more optimism should she get there in the next few weeks. That is a lot of fouls to try to get on teams with only one or two post players on their roster (like Oklahoma State tonight, and Baylor soon).

Texas is a guard-oriented team right now based on experience, talent, and depth; that is why we basically start 3 true guards (even though Ariel Atkins has good enough size and strength to play SF). But, I believe we have more quality depth in the post than the last few years, and than many more teams this season.

Okay :) You have your opinion on it and I have mine. Good luck tonight, with OSU! I'm sure it will be a great game.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

I am generally a Texas fan, but White and Caron-Goudreau were both just awful against Tennessee. Caron-Goudreau was probably the Lady Vols' MVP for the number of points she just gave away in crunch time on simple rebounds she couldn't secure and an inability to defend without fouling. The fact that she is the Horns' starting center is an indicator of how vulnerable Texas is in that position. I hope I'm proven wrong, but I expect Kalani Brown and Lauren Cox will eat Texas' lunch when she is on the floor.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Caron-Goudreau has zero points with under 2 minutes to go. I wish I could watch, but despite signing up for a sports package, this game is not in the package.

Reaction Score
Texas pulls it out but no help from the bigs.

My point exactly! They have sooo many options from the post position, but they are making the guards do all the work. They are so deep in that position, I'm scratching my head wondering how they are not making bigger impact. If they start contributing everyone better watch out. Until then, they stay as a team that has not reached it potential.

Reaction Score
If Tenn is in the top 10 at the end of the season it will be a sad statement about the state of the top 25.

I get the no love for the LVs but UT has been pretty good this year. The new freshmen have teamed up with Nared and Russell to get a solid starting five. I'm not ready to anoint them a FF team and they have some challenging games ahead but it's a much better team than the previous two years. If they stay healthy I think they can advance far in the tournament.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I get the no love for the LVs but UT has been pretty good this year. The new freshmen have teamed up with Nared and Russell to get a solid starting five. I'm not ready to anoint them a FF team and they have some challenging games ahead but it's a much better team than the previous two years. If they stay healthy I think they can advance far in the tournament.
There has only been five teams. In the great history of the program. That started a season 13-0 this year is one of them. :)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Meh.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom