Latest Bracketology from Charlie Creme | The Boneyard

Latest Bracketology from Charlie Creme

Reaction Score
Seems like Mississippi St has a fairly easy bracket. Ohio St, Oregon - who they already demolished - and West Virginia.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I would bet that Miss St ends up in Kansas City or possibly Lexington. I"m thinking they will end up the year undefeated or have one loss and at worse be the #2 Number 1 seed. Possibly the overall #1 if UConn slips up along the way.

Reaction Score
Seems like Mississippi St has a fairly easy bracket. Ohio St, Oregon - who they already demolished - and West Virginia.

At the present I tend to agree. I have a feeling, though, that Oregon is only going to get better and they are far from being their best,

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I disagree with the A-10 selection, he has Fordham, I think it will be between George Mason or Duguesne.

Reaction Score
Using my composite rankings:

Albany - LexingtonKY - KC - Spokane

upload_2018-1-2_17-12-30.png

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think its safe to say Tennessee will not stay in UConn's bracket. ESPN wants this matchup in the Final Four.

Tenn aint gettin to the Final Four...... I'd drive to Knoxville and pick up a Bright Orange Lady Vol sweatshirt if they do :rolleyes:

hope I can delete this post in case they actually do make it.

Reaction Score
I think its safe to say Tennessee will not stay in UConn's bracket. ESPN wants this matchup in the Final Four.
As do I. I am a huge Tennessee fan and I miss the uconn/tenn battles. Even non wcbb fans tuned in for those. I don’t care but there isn’t a rivalry in the game that matches the intensity that these teams brought. You can hate Tennessee or vice versa and talk as much trash as you want but you can’t argue that this was a game you marked on your calendar. I miss it!

Im in in awe of the dynasty Uconn has built and hope that Tennessee can return to those days soon! Okay that’s all the compliment you’ll get outta me! But Uconn is the now the gold standard and I’m fan enough of wcbb to realize that. Playing them ,win or lose ,will only make you better.

Reaction Score
Is Louisville a No.1 seed? Some of their wins just make me scratch my head and wonder. However, other wins makes me think they are, so I'm not sure.

I think UConn and Miss St will be.

The other two no.1 seeds would be between Louisville, Notre Dame, Baylor, South Carolina, and possibly Texas.

Injuries and depth are hurting the rest of these teams.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
One thing that jumped out at me is Baylor.

Although six in both polls so naturally a two seed, Sagarin has them is the number two overall team and Massey has them in the top four. However, their strength of schedule is abysmal so far which should improve in conference play.

Another item worth noting, although not a real big deal, is South Carolina. Their top four team according to AP, but Sagarin has them at 10th.

My guess is they are getting a tiny poll bump due to being defending national champions, but two seats seems about right at the moment.

Reaction Score
I'm not sold on Louisville. I think they will fall back.

Agree that Louisville will not be a one-seed.
I do think that Texas will come on strong and be a #1. Too much height and talent.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Texas as a three rather than a two?

They are in the top eight in:
  • Sagarin
  • Massey
  • AP
  • Coaches

The first two computer rankings don't factor in the return of Joyner Holmes. Are they getting dinged for a loss to Tennessee?

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Ohio State is quite a surprise. Their overall ranking and seed indicated:

• Sagarin 13 / 4
  • Massey 11 / 3
  • AP 10 / 3
  • Coaches 10 / 3

So should they be a three or a four? Creme has been as a two!

Reaction Score
Baylor is good, but they are youngggggg.....1 Junior and 2 Seniors, they are getting better and better. I truly think had BU had Cox and Mulkey against UCLA would have probably ended differently. I would love for them to be a no.1 seed however, I need to seem them up against Texas with Joyner back.

Texas can't seem to find chemistry and maybe once Joyner is back in the starting line up and playing like herself we will see the Texas team we all thought they would be. They are struggling to find the consistent post play that they are used to having.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
The one seeds have 16 wins against top 25 (averaging, wait for it... 4 per team.

The two seeds have six wins against top 25, three each by TN and USC(east) while none by Baylor or Ohio State.

Both Green Bay and Rutgers have more wins against top 26 teams (two each)

What had OSU done to deserve a two seed?

Reaction Score
The one seeds have 16 wins against top 25 (averaging, wait for it... 4 per team.

The two seeds have six wins against top 25, three each by TN and USC(east) while none by Baylor or Ohio State.

Both Green Bay and Rutgers have more wins against top 26 teams (two each)

What had OSU done to deserve a two seed?

Who else has Tenn beat that was ranked other than Texas?

Reaction Score
Baylor beat Stanford when they were like no.12 and Kentucky when they were like no.18.....

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Baylor beat Stanford when they were like no.12 and Kentucky when they were like no.18.....

Quick question.... are you a Dallas Baptist University fan? or just a BU fan from Dallas?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Tenn aint gettin to the Final Four. I'd drive to Knoxville and pick up a Bright Orange Lady Vol sweatshirt if they do :rolleyes:

hope I can delete this post in case they actually do make it.

I don't think they will either.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom