Late arriving fans | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Late arriving fans

Reaction Score
Was at the game on Sunday. Doors was a small issue but not much more so than other sporting events. I think the main issue are the narrow hallways and every fan trying to get to their seats at the same time.
the concourses are a disaster there, I've long feared what would happen during an emergency evacuation. They should be at least double the current width.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
the concourses are a disaster there, I've long feared what would happen during an emergency evacuation. They should be at least double the current width.
Remember when there were fire doors to enter the arena bowl.

Reaction Score
Remember when there were fire doors to enter the arena bowl.
I sure do. Also remember the clouds of cigarette smoke coming out of the concourse and floating into the arena as the game got later.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not so much at the XL but at the Rent, I've always found it ironic that people leave early from the games to avoid traffic but that if they just hung out a bit after the game listened to the band, maybe enjoy an adult beverage, and then leave there's no significant traffic at all.

Reaction Score
Not so much at the XL but at the Rent, I've always found it ironic that people leave early from the games to avoid traffic but that if they just hung out a bit after the game listened to the band, maybe enjoy an adult beverage, and then leave there's no significant traffic at all.
Post game tailgates are a lot of fun, especially on a nice afternoon.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Leaving Rentschler early has less to do with traffic and far more with no longer being entertained. There hasn't been significant traffic at Rentschler since the Houston Upset and it wan't even that bad.

Reaction Score
Leaving Rentschler early has less to do with traffic and far more with no longer being entertained. There hasn't been significant traffic at Rentschler since the Houston Upset and it wan't even that bad.
even during the good times people would leave early to avoid traffic.

Reaction Score
my first time coming to campus will be for the USF game and it starts at 2. how early would I be able to get into gampel? also what are some cool places on campus that I should check out?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Besides the fact that it really wasn't so.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
my first time coming to campus will be for the USF game and it starts at 2. how early would I be able to get into gampel? also what are some cool places on campus that I should check out?
I believe doors open 1 hour before the games start. There shouldn't be any rush to get into that game. I can't speak for what's going on around campus, but there are a few pre-game spots/restaurants in Storrs center and by the X-lot (Ted's).

Reaction Score

Hell, most games the best time to leave is when the game ends. By that point the leave early crowd is already out of the parking lot, and you can literally just drive out like it was a non gameday Saturday.

Reaction Score
I think people might get the wrong idea watching games like at Duke. Their student section stretches across all the front rows essentially, not just at the ends like UConn, so it appears on TV the place is fully packed at tip-off. Really though, would guess there’s still a good amount of seats empty in the upper decks (though purely a guess, never been to duke games

This. As with most of the crowd complaints here, people go to/watch every game we play, even the bad ones, and then compare them to other schools when all they watch are the best ones

If it was half full at tip off that would be one thing but this happens everywhere. There's always going to be a few running late, or who would prefer one more drink at the bar, or who in their drunken state underestimate the time to get in

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom