Late arriving fans | The Boneyard

Late arriving fans

Reaction Score
Has anyone else noticed or been bothered by how many fans arrive at our games late? The place looked half full about 10 minutes before tip and then people started pouring in. A good % got there 20-30 minutes after tip-off. It’s just frustrating to have view obstructed during big moments by people coming so late. This wasn’t a noon start, but 3 PM on the lightest traffic day of the week. Is it that hard to make it to a 3 PM game on time?!

Reaction Score
Has anyone else noticed or been bothered by how many fans arrive at our games late? The place looked half full about 10 minutes before tip and then people started pouring in. A good % got there 20-30 minutes after tip-off. It’s just frustrating to have view obstructed during big moments by people coming so late. This wasn’t a noon start, but 3 PM on the lightest traffic day of the week. Is it that hard to make it to a 3 PM game on time?!
It looked pretty packed when the national anthem played.

Reaction Score
It looked pretty packed when the national anthem played.
In the lower levels maybe and maybe that’s on me to get better seats. We also had tickets from the holiday 3 pack that only cost $3.50 per ticket so it’s likely our section and surrounding sections were filled with more casual fans who bought that promotion,

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
As long as I am in my seat 15 minutes before tip-off I am happy and don't care what other folks do.
I have learned a long time ago not to get all bothered by other fans arrival and departure. They paid money for their seat so it's their property for the game and for us season ticket holders we rent by the season.
If my neighbors give /sell their tickets to others and those folks start to bug me, I simply put my earbuds in and take it from there. The standing issue has created some problems but you see it everywhere - especially concerts - some people enjoy the experience in different manners. It can be a pain. Except for being the ogre and keep yelling at the offender there isn't much to do.
The only time I hate standing is when I'm waiting for UConn to score that first hoop. In the past 3-4 years it's been an adventure!!

Reaction Score
The gates are an issue. The primary entrances are terribly handled, especially the corner by the bars. You know what’s coming, most people cramming in drinks before, plan accordingly.

Reaction Score
About 100 fans left Gampel during the Cinci game right before we forced the game into overtime. They are a pathetic bunch. Shame on all of them.
I agree it’s pathetic to leave early in a very close game. I think the very late arriving fans and early to leave ones can be lumped together as not true fans.

Reaction Score
I'm one to get my money's worth. There for tip, easy, and through the final buzzer. I tend to let the herd skedaddle out first and then I follow up as the flow lessens. I learned a long time ago anything can happen in 2 minutes, 60 seconds, or 10 seconds. I wanna be there.

Reaction Score
I'm one to get my money's worth. There for tip, easy, and through the final buzzer. I tend to let the herd skedaddle out first and then I follow up as the flow lessens. I learned a long time ago anything can happen in 2 minutes, 60 seconds, or 10 seconds. I wanna be there.

Me too. And I could care less if other fans show up 10, 15 minutes late or even leave early in the 2nd half.

Reaction Score
Security takes no more than 10 minutes if you get there 30 minutes before tip

Reaction Score
Do you know how easy it is to get caught in the far corner of the men’s first level bathroom right by the atrium?

Easier to escape North Korea.
The far corner of a men's bathroom in Hartford sounds dangerous. :oops::oops::oops: Coronavirus may have originated there!!!

Reaction Score
Happens to me sometimes. I like to go to games with my nephews. Sometimes they have their own basketball games in the morning and we head up after and miss the tip or first 10 minutes. Stay til the final buzzer. I'm not sorry.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom