Last 9 minutes.. horrible | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Last 9 minutes.. horrible

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Izzo is one of my favorite active coaches. Smart, recruits tough kids, and adjusts

You spelled thugs wrong.

He recruits thugs.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Terry deserved it.

He tried to pull that selfish slip screen move (which would have resulted in Adams being double teamed by two significantly bigger players..and probably a turnover). Then jawed with Adams over it.
I didn't notice that. I'll take your word for it. However there are better and worse ways of getting players to handle situations and the way Jalen deals with players when they do something wrong is less likely to get the results he prefers.

And this was not the only time Jalen has done this. It's several times a game. No one recovers quickly from getting dressed down. The place to take a player to task is on the sidelines and not on the court. If it happened once or twice I don't think it causes problems. If it continues it will be a chemistry issue.

Reaction Score
I didn't notice that. I'll take your word for it. However there are better and worse ways of getting players to handle situations and the way Jalen deals with players when they do something wrong is less likely to get the results he prefers.

And this was not the only time Jalen has done this. It's several times a game. No one recovers quickly from getting dressed down. The place to take a player to task is on the sidelines and not on the court. If it happened once or twice I don't think it causes problems. If it continues it will be a chemistry issue.

True, I think Jalen definitely needs to learn how to address his teammates in a more constructive way. I’m just saying, one of the reasons Terry hasn’t thrown Jalen into the stands is because Jalen’s had a reason to be frustrated.

Reaction Score
Michigan state did a very nice job clogging up the middle. They played a great game defensively. No shame losing to that squad.

Reaction Score
Terry deserved it.

He tried to pull that selfish slip screen move (which would have resulted in Adams being double teamed by two significantly bigger players..and probably a turnover). Then jawed with Adams over it.
Late in the 2nd half, TL was supposed to be doubling their big down low and he missed it. Jalen got after him on that one too. As much as I like Jalen being the vocal leader, he's has to learn that going after people isn't going to work for some players.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Michigan State is now thugs?

Thugs? Jesus.

This place gets lower and lower. People need to reign themselves in and get perspective.

It's the emotional strain of losing to the #4 ranked team in the country.

Reaction Score
We once had a thug from Michigan. His name was Jonnie. He didn't have a right arm which made things obvious for defenses but he still produced.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You spelled thugs wrong.

He recruits thugs.
Michigan State is now thugs?

Thugs? Jesus.

This place gets lower and lower. People need to reign themselves in and get perspective.

Maybe I interpret it differently, but I wish UCONN had some.

Reaction Score

I remember a time bazz pushed the hell outt boat(3 ft off the floor) cuz he wasn’t doing the play right but they won the whole thing that year too lol so I wouldn’t put too much in how JA deals with teammates .. Larrier was in the way , playing to set a screen so yea I would’ve got in his ass too

Reaction Score
You spelled thugs wrong.

He recruits thugs.

No, I think you spelled *black* wrong.

Wow, my ignore button is on FIRE after a loss to a top 10 team. This place is ridiculous

Reaction Score
I remember a time bazz pushed the hell outt boat(3 ft off the floor) cuz he wasn’t doing the play right but they won the whole thing that year too lol so I wouldn’t put too much in how JA deals with teammates .. Larrier was in the way , playing to set a screen so yea I would’ve got in his ass too

Bazz could pull that off because he had developed the rapport with his teammates.

Has Jalen done that yet? We have no idea

Reaction Score
I still don't know what happen to Gilbert. But if we had him to put on Winston....who knows.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Izzo has had success but to me he is one that has done less with more
As far as JA jawing at TL - Kemba did it, Shabazz did it and JA is doing it - I have no problem with it at all, TL takes a lot of plays off and goes through the motions at times
No way was UConn going to be able to play with MSUs bigs in the second half
I had no hope that UConn was going to win this game - especially when it was announced that Bridges was coming back and play

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
No, I think you spelled *black* wrong.

Wow, my ignore button is on FIRE after a loss to a top 10 team. This place is ridiculous

Yes because mich st is the only team with black players in the entire NCAA.....

I’ve said that about MSU before last nights game (like the worst case final four thread). I’m not worried about an early season tournament.

You had Walton trying to start a brawl at the 09 FF, deaymond green on so many levels but let’s go with his cheap elbow to the head of a St. Louis player, Gary Harris punching Napier in the face in the E8....appling just had major legal issues.

C

Chief00

So in other words cup 3/4’s full... first 31 minutes we gave State all it could handle.

DO getting his third and fourth foul early in second half and not having Cobb’s five fouls and defensive rebounding were as much a game changer as what Izzo did.

I was really happy that TL shook off the shooting cobwebs in the second half. Unfortunately Jalen and Alterique started half cold.

Winslow went off on UConn because guards collapsed on D when David went out. Once in the zone very little likelihood he was going to be stopped.

Jalen did a great job on Bridges. Would like to see him stop taking his moments of frustration out on Terry. So far Terry has shrugged it off but I wouldn’t be surprised if some day he puts Jalen to the canvas.
Jalen and Terry both need to work on game preparation. To win at the level they and we want to - their preparation and game day focus is inadequate. IDK if they don’t really appreciate the level of preparation needed or they are unwilling to make the commitment? I hope it’s because they don’t realize and a light bulb will go off.

Reaction Score
They were not going to beat MSU but I thought they were fairly competitive till the last 10 mins. The Big's need to step up! They also need better ball movement and less predictable offence (isolation and pick and roll at the top of the key). Overall I was encouraged with how they looked against one of the best teams in the country. One thing is for damn sure...They look a hell of alot better than they did a year ago!

Reaction Score
Apparently the full 40 minutes were horrible, the way ESPN writes it...

"Michigan State coasted by DePaul and Connecticut, stomping both opponents by 20 points or more in the first two rounds of the PK80 tournament."
-Lessons to be learned from PK80 championship games

Just a mere mention in the poorly written PK80 article and the only mention is super negative. If espn wants to push Uconn further into obscurity, I say fans show their teeth, so to speak too. Utilize social media. It has proven effective for many things outside of sports and also regarding sports. Uconn absolutely was not "stomped" last night, total BS.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Just a mere mention in the poorly written PK80 article and the only mention is super negative. If espn wants to push Uconn further into obscurity, I say fans show their teeth, so to speak too. Utilize social media. It has proven effective for many things outside of sports and also regarding sports. Uconn absolutely was not "stomped" last night, total BS.

If UCONN wants to stay relevant, don't lose by 20.

Reaction Score
If UCONN wants to stay relevant, don't lose by 20.
Not the point, it is a misrepresentation of the game and team.

Every team has a game or two where they lose by 15 or 20 or 25. Most don't keep it close in those games. Uconn did.

A team stays relevant, in part, with a passionate fan base. Not one that is ambivalent or unresponsive when the team is ignored in the first 4 games and misrepresented in the 5th. That is how a team builds a name brand, they do not allow themselves to be disrespected and respond when they are. Regardless of a down year here or there. That is how a name brand is lost, gradual continued increase of apathy from said fans.

Reaction Score
The truest thing said in this thread.
Not really. It is a cop out. It is an excuse to let media, in this case ESPN, that is mere miles from the UNI to boot, continue to disrespect the team. They played the number 5 team in the land on less rest than they had. One bad year does not, or should not, take away all respect and relevancy gained over 25+, that is nonsense.

But hey, apathy will bring down the teams "name brand" quicker than anything.

Reaction Score
Not really. It is a cop out. It is an excuse to let media, in this case ESPN, that is mere miles from the UNI to boot, continue to disrespect the team. They played the number 5 team in the land on less rest than they had. One bad year does not, or should not, take away all respect and relevancy gained over 25+, that is nonsense.

But hey, apathy will bring down the teams "name brand" quicker than anything.

What is UNI? Anyways the scheduling was a crapshow but I'm guessing because they already had contracts with other tournaments before this PK thing ever existed. UConn vs Michigan St. and Gonzaga vs. Florida were both really late. I guess ESPN hates all 4 of the teams?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom