Last 2 Games 29 3’s Given Up | The Boneyard

Last 2 Games 29 3’s Given Up

Reaction Score
Tulsa out did us 17-11, Wichita State 12-3. We have been burned all year. Is the reason because we have gone to the zone and focusing on the bigs or something else?

Reaction Score
Our off ball defense is awful, add in the fact that we switch all the time and for some reason insist on doubling in the post, shooters are always open.

Reaction Score
The majority come from guys our guards are on and they all cheat way too much as I've said before. They all look to make plays away from the ball and neglect their guy but at the same time there are many times they get a hand in their face also. Teams are taking advantage of being confident against our Huskies and shooting better than they normally do - bad luck is part of it although no one will admit that around here.

Reaction Score
Tulsa out did us 17-11, Wichita State 12-3. We have been burned all year. Is the reason because we have gone to the zone and focusing on the bigs or something else?

Reaction Score

41-18 including Auburn. That's getting outscore by 69 points from there. You can either guard it better or make more, I know which one they have a better chance at and by a lot.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We lack a legitimate rim protector and without Gilbert who was our best on man defender we have to gimmick the D to cover our weakness
Tulsa made 10 -16 in the first half
But was something like 7-25 the rest of the game.
UConn obviously stepped up the D in the 2nd half but they got to the line 36 Times to our 14
That’s tough to overcome
That’s expected on the road especially in the AAC

Reaction Score
The majority come from guys our guards are on and they all cheat way too much as I've said before. They all look to make plays away from the ball and neglect their guy but at the same time there are many times they get a hand in their face also. Teams are taking advantage of being confident against our Huskies and shooting better than they normally do - bad luck is part of it although no one will admit that around here.
I actually prefer you when you're throwing your tantrums compared to when you actually try and analyze basketball.

Reaction Score
I actually prefer you when you're throwing your tantrums compared to when you actually try and analyze basketball.

I could have sworn you made some melodramatic post around Thanksgiving about how you were done and weren't going to be posting until Ollie was gone and your heart was broken and yadda yadda yadda . . . what happened to that?

Reaction Score
I'm pretty amazed we hit 11 threes in that Tulsa game.

Definitely got to defend better. Would love to keep shooting that well or better though..

Reaction Score
Closeouts
They're horrible.....most of our guys are cheating too much and then try to make up for it by flying to the man and either buying the pump fake or running into him.
We constantly let the shooters catch the ball and set their feet. Someone here mentioned how we don't react quick enough and anticipate the pass. For every freakin team looks for the their 3 pt shooters and it looks like we're not even aware. You have to be in the grill as the shooter catches the pass. Make him put it on the floor and go to the basket....crap I'd rather just give up a two.

Reaction Score
and for some reason insist on doubling in the post, shooters are always open.
This is one of the most infuriating things that have plagued all of KO’s post-2014 teams. Guards cheating down and giving a half-assed swipe at the ball in the post, leaving their man wide open on the perimeter for an easy pass and shot. The consistency is truly incredible in a certain way

C

Chief00

The zone is a disaster and guys cheat too much in man and garbage defenses. Unless a team has a legit post guy I prefer no doubles - stay with your man and pick up guys much further out - 5 feet beyond the 3 line. We don’t rebound well anyways.

Reaction Score

At least you prefer something of mine, sorry nothing comes to mind for you.

Reaction Score
Ain't no 3's scarin' us, we got that UConn across the front of our chest and we play UConn basketball

Reaction Score
Regardless, I still do not get how Tulsa took 41 threes (of the 64 total shots) AND, yet, still took 22 more freethrows. Usually the jumpshooting team...and all....Yah.

Reaction Score
I could have sworn you made some melodramatic post around Thanksgiving about how you were done and weren't going to be posting until Ollie was gone and your heart was broken and yadda yadda yadda . . . what happened to that?
Nice, the Brett Ratner looking guy who can't handle his booze is back!

Reaction Score
Our 3 point D is also a function of having 3 average (at best) sized guards on the floor together too often. No length to contest shots and we’re not benefiting on offense from our 3rd guard given how limited AA is. Meanwhile Polley is nailed to the bench, Whaley had been until yesterday, and Adams is playing the entire game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nice, the Brett Ratner looking guy who can't handle his booze is back!

Did you and bass rehearse the booze thing on Crack, real cute? Give it up you sound like a fool talking about something in which someone had a fun day, got caught up in the passion of being a fan, oh wait that’s it what the heck would you 2 know about passion/fan stuff? My bad now I know why you both jumped on Crack for trying to support his team. By the way you may be the only 2 that weren’t pretty damn proud of his take on that game lol

Last edited:

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Our off ball defense is awful, add in the fact that we switch all the time and for some reason insist on doubling in the post, shooters are always open.
This has been a problem the last couple of years, at least. Watched our boys in Atlantis a few years ago. Great seats, almost court level, right in front of us. A total head scratcher. Gonzaga killed us on that. AND, it still continues. Great point.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Excellent point. I have been saying that all year. What was his name for Tulsa, average 7 points a game and bombs over 30 on us from three pointers. We held their top score in check for 80 percent of the game.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty amazed we hit 11 threes in that Tulsa game.

Definitely got to defend better. Would love to keep shooting that well or better though..
Our guards were 6 for 20 from 3. That’s not shooting it well

Regardless, I still do not get how Tulsa took 41 threes (of the 64 total shots) AND, yet, still took 22 more freethrows. Usually the jumpshooting team...and all....Yah.
Our Bigs foul on pretty much on every possession when an opponent touches the ball in the paint.

Reaction Score
Our 3 point D is also a function of having 3 average (at best) sized guards on the floor together too often. No length to contest shots and we’re not benefiting on offense from our 3rd guard given how limited AA is. Meanwhile Polley is nailed to the bench, Whaley had been until yesterday, and Adams is playing the entire game.
I think that this is a big point that is almost never brought up. Consider our roster. Gilbert is 6’? Anderson 6’2”? Vital 6’2 and Jalen 6’3”. I don’t buy those numbers, but what’s worse is when they switch and End up covering 6’8” players. The argument against is what about Bazz and Boat? Answer, they were Bazz and Boat, completely different quality of players.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
The zone is a disaster and guys cheat too much in man and garbage defenses. Unless a team has a legit post guy I prefer no doubles - stay with your man and pick up guys much further out - 5 feet beyond the 3 line. We don’t rebound well anyways.

Then get destroyed in the PnR.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom