Last 2 Games 29 3’s Given Up | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Last 2 Games 29 3’s Given Up

Reaction Score
Its disturbing and a combination of several things:
1. over-helping on penetration.
2. Very stupid doubling...yes it makes sense to double against a guy like Ayton from Arizona but very few other guys are worth doubling. Maybe its to try to help our bigs because they foul so much, but it still isnt worth it.
3. Small guys trying to contest shots
4. Extreme confidence by every shooter who plays against us.
5. Not being used to guarding good shooters in practice...our guys still look shocked when someone hits a deep 3 as if they've never seen that before.

Even before the Ollie era, UConn has a history of letting guys go off for career highs against us..but nothing like this season.

C

Chief00

Then get destroyed in the PnR.
Nope - just the opposite. Fight through the screens and guard who we feel is the best match-up. You need to be tough but this is the easiest defense to play and it reduces the occurrences of guys wide open for 3’s. When we switch, too often we double a guy and leave the other wide open.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Nope - just the opposite. Fight through the screens and guard who we feel is the best match-up. You need to be tough but this is the easiest defense to play and it reduces the occurrences of guys wide open for 3’s. When we switch, too often we double a guy and leave the other wide open.

Talking about being tough and actually being tough are two different things. We are not a tough team, we do not fight through screens well or help off screens well. Why would we pick up above the 3 point line when they can barely stay in front of the person they are defending?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Ain't no 3's scarin' us, we got that UConn across the front of our chest and we play UConn basketball

Except when there's so many that they blot out the sun. Then we fight in the shade. Harder to shoot from the shade.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Did you and bass rehearse the booze thing on Crack, real cute? Give it up you sound like a fool talking about something in which someone had a fun day, got caught up in the passion of being a fan, oh wait that’s it what the heck would you 2 know about passion/fan stuff? My bad now I know why you both jumped on Crack for trying to support his team. By the way you may be the only 2 that weren’t pretty damn proud of his take on that game lol

For me, one of the Top 10 posts in Yard history.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom