Lashlee is the best OC we have ever had, by a lot. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Lashlee is the best OC we have ever had, by a lot.

Reaction Score
This offense is fun to watch...he definitely makes the right play calls at the right times. It's too bad Sherriffs doesn't have a little better touch on his deep passes because it would be even more wide open. Lashlee has taken what he has and made it work within his system. I'm sure it also helps that Grimes and Lashlee are on the exact same page, because we know what happens when that isn't the case.
I thought for a second last night Lashlee might hit BS with his clipboard. It would not surprise me if next week BS shares quarterback duties with Pindell or one of the other backups.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I thought for a second last night Lashlee might hit BS with his clipboard. It would not surprise me if next week BS shares quarterback duties with Pindell or one of the other backups.

How do you not understand how far behind Pindell is conpared to Shirreffs?

Other backups - you think Shirreffs should be splitting time with a walk-on (Bisack)? Do you want another redshirt burned? This is lunacy.

Reaction Score
How do you not understand how far behind Pindell is conpared to Shirreffs?

Other backups - you think Shirreffs should be splitting time with a walk-on (Bisack)? Do you want another redshirt burned? This is lunacy.
Yeah, you're brilliant numb nuts, sure Pindell can get all the experience he needs in practice? He throws a better long ball than BS and is a threat to run it. Never said anything about Bisack, and if the price of maybe winning some games in the 2nd half of the season is putting Washington on the field I say f.......king do it. I'll take a burned redshirt over a burned season any day.

C

Chief00

My understanding is that BS into the lineup was more an Edsall call than Lashlee.

C

Chief00

Although the time of position is different, it's only slightly so.

Last year, we averaged 29 minutes per game on offense. This year is a little more than 25 minutes. In other words, we had the ball slightly less than half the game last year, too. The reason is that we go fast now but actually get first downs.

So maybe it contributes slightly, but it's not the major reason our defense is getting torn up the way it is...

Thanks for for doing the analysis Stairmaster fails to do.

Reaction Score
My understanding is that BS into the lineup was more an Edsall call than Lashlee.
Keeping Pindell active with some snaps, if anything to give BS a rest, is important. The coaches aren't moron's, there's a reason they named him starting QB in the first place.

C

Chief00

Focus, 4 games. Crocker gets more than 1 season to recruit, coach, etc. Highly unlikely AD Dave's buying him or other coaches out after just 1 season let alone only 4 games. :rolleyes:
Quite frankly, you are not sitting in AD Benedict’s seat. If we were not down for six seasons it might be different. We are in the ICU not a retirement community when weighting urgency.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, you are not sitting in AD Benedict’s seat. If we were not down for six seasons it might be different. We are in the ICU not a retirement community when weighting urgency.

Like you have any idea what's going on in Benedict's mind? You are the last person most of the board would turn to for that info.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Staffing decisions are up to the head coach, primarily. Not the AD.

Reaction Score
Agree, the offense giving the ball up twice late in the first half was key to the halftime deficit. However, it doesn’t explain the 3TDs already scored or the 5TDs in the second half. Games ebb and flow - but the 700 yards were consistently gained throughout the game - and about half of those came before your tired and gassed time. Half of Memphis points were in the first half. Crocker’s halftime adjustments also obviously failed. You may like his performance and I do not - but that doesn’t really matter - he is on the clock.
Maybe AD Dave can really make something happen and bring Auburn's Kevin Steele to UConn as well to coach this defense?

scoobydoo

1977 & 1974 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

So you would have fired Calhoun after losing his second game to Yale and coming in last in the BE?

Reaction Score
WTH ....

Why is Chief00 spending an incredible amount of time on the Football Board. Didn't he get enough blown up his skirt on Hoop? This could become totally unfathomable.

C

Chief00

Mu
WTH ....

Why is Chief00 spending an incredible amount of time on the Football Board. Didn't he get enough blown up his skirt on Hoop? This could become totally unfathomable.

Multidimensional, true renaissance man is Chief.

Reaction Score
LOL - Do you have any other posting advice, given your successful posting history?

Plenty. Although like an addict trying to get clean, I offer this posting advice in stages.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
His play calling on the last possession as well as the two 1st and goals are questionable at best
Yes he is a better OC than anyone I remember here for years BUT he needs to play call knowing the spectrum of talent (or lack thereof) on this team today

Reaction Score
His play calling on the last possession as well as the two 1st and goals are questionable at best
Yes he is a better OC than anyone I remember here for years BUT he needs to play call knowing the spectrum of talent (or lack thereof) on this team today
he didn't even call the 3rd down play everyone is up in arms about. he chewed shirreffs out afterwards. we were still slinging the ball around in the 4th quarter. shirreffs threw a bad ball to davis that would have been a TD on the second field goal attempt. some people like you just can't be pleased with anything

Reaction Score
Good coach but you have to coach to the defense and do what's going to work. He folded up today and got lucky. Still underutilizing tight ends and why is Donaldson no longer in the mix?

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Good coach but you have to coach to the defense and do what's going to work. He folded up today and got lucky. Still underutilizing tight ends and why is Donaldson no longer in the mix?
I think because mayala is back from injury. He was the one who recovered the onside kick though.

Reaction Score
Lashlee is great. I honestly think Edsall reigns in him towards the end of the game and tells him to run out the clock. The way we were killing Tulsa with the short passes there was no reason to not try and convert that last 3rd and 6 with a throw.

Reaction Score
Lashlee is great. I honestly think Edsall reigns in him towards the end of the game and tells him to run out the clock. The way we were killing Tulsa with the short passes there was no reason to not try and convert that last 3rd and 6 with a throw.
I'm pretty sure it was a pass play and shirreffs messed up

Reaction Score
I would give anything to have Donald Brown as our DC right now to offset Lashlee! I miss that guy!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom