Lashlee is the best OC we have ever had, by a lot. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lashlee is the best OC we have ever had, by a lot.

Reaction Score
Looks like you'll want Crocker's hypothetical replacement fired in short order too.

A new DC and scheme applied midseason - which is nuts in its own right - will not teach these players how to tackle correctly or stop from from getting faked out with the simplest of moves by opposing offensive players.
Isn't teaching fundamentals job 1?

Reaction Score
Yes, the defense played poorly, but the offense didn't help last night especially at the end of the first half.

I think the offense at the end of the first half basically gave the game to Memphis. Score was 21-21 and the defense held on 4th down and UConn got the ball with 4:13 remaining in the half. UConn's offense proceeded to have a 3 and out and only ran 1:05 off the clock giving the ball back to Memphis with 3:08 remaining in the half. More time should have been run off the clock and sometimes the hurry up offense needs to slow down to speed up the clock. Memphis scored and made it 28-21. UConn got the ball back with 1:47 to go and UConn's offense fumbled on their 34 yard line and gave Memphis the ball back on UConn's 35 with 1:35 remaining. Memphis scored making it 35-21 and the game was basically over.

At worst, UConn should have been down 28-21 at half time, instead they were down 35-24 and the momentum had clearly flipped in favor of Memphis.

And, look at the time of possession: Memphis 36:50, UConn 23:10. I'm not defending Crocker and his scheme, but no defense is going to hold up playing against a hurry up offense that has the ball that much. The offense has to step up and take more control of the game and there are times that the offense needs to slow down to help the defense.

This!

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
The best defense can be an offense that has long drives that take time off the clock. That is what Diaco was trying to do with the offense and it made his defense look statistically better than what it was. UConn has 2 DTs (and one true freshman) and 9 out of 16 scholarship DBs that are FR or RFr. You can't run a 4-3 with that and you shouldn't be running a 3-3-5 with the limited depth and experience at DB. The cards are stacked against Crocker. That said, I think he needs to make some adjustments for the defense to perform better.

Although the time of position is different, it's only slightly so.

Last year, we averaged 29 minutes per game on offense. This year is a little more than 25 minutes. In other words, we had the ball slightly less than half the game last year, too. The reason is that we go fast now but actually get first downs.

So maybe it contributes slightly, but it's not the major reason our defense is getting torn up the way it is...

Reaction Score
It is my hope Lashlee and AD Dave have a handshake agreement that in 3 years, if the ship is righted, he will be our next HC.

I think it would be hard for him to jump to a P5 HC from our OC spot. Give him 3 years as the OC and 3 years as the HC, and if he is any good, P5 teams will come calling.

I can't believe that Lashlee would only come for one year and leave AD Dave out to dry.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Please. Defense spends that much time on the field because they can't get the opposing offense off the field. It could be 3rd and 30 and the the opposition feels like they can convert. It's easy pitch and catch against us.

When you score 30, and lose by 40, there is no other place to look. The scary thing is as bad as the personnel looks this year, it is lining up to look worst next year.
You have to think that all the time on the field for the young guys this year will pay dividends next year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I can't believe that Lashlee would only come for one year and leave AD Dave out to dry.
There were times looking at him last night that I wasn't entirely sure he'd make the final whistle.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You have to think that all the time on the field for the young guys this year will pay dividends next year.
Perhaps the true freshman. But I don't see improvements for the likes of Fotukasi, Carrezola and Ormsby.

Reaction Score
It is my hope Lashlee and AD Dave have a handshake agreement that in 3 years, if the ship is righted, he will be our next HC.

I think it would be hard for him to jump to a P5 HC from our OC spot. Give him 3 years as the OC and 3 years as the HC, and if he is any good, P5 teams will come calling.

Agree 100%

Reaction Score
As if any of these rumormongers has legitimate insights on $ considerations required to fund such ill-thought out whines, especially after only 4 games ...
5 games. Let's start there. It'll cost us 600k to replace him. A simple stroll down the campus has about half a million in cobble pavers for new road medians. Let's stop with no money baloney. We have a 150 MM investment that needs urgent live and care.

Reaction Score
5 games. Let's start there. It'll cost us 600k to replace him. A simple stroll down the campus has about half a million in cobble pavers for new road medians. Let's stop with no money baloney. We have a 150 MM investment that needs urgent live and care.
Focus, 4 games. Crocker gets more than 1 season to recruit, coach, etc. Highly unlikely AD Dave's buying him or other coaches out after just 1 season let alone only 4 games. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

Isn't this what WVU did and then the head coach started to undermine the OC, forcing the school to fire the head coach sooner than they wanted to.

Reaction Score
Memphis did not roll up 700 yards against the offense. Crocker is on the clock.

You all are nuts ...

Gloating about the offense and just hammering Crocker. YOU should know ... that the offense is causing the defensive swirl. As Randy Edsall said.

Tied 21-21. UConn wasn't the same since that point. It was the OFFENSE that gave the ball back twice in a row. Did anyone note the Defensive posture and positioning? They were totally gassed. Up down Up down Up down. That, as we can all agree, was the ballgame. To that point? The defense was decent. (we'd love to see more pressure) But ... the rush to 700 and 70 began right there. YOU CANNOT run this Offense you love ... and then leave this Defense exposed to gashes by turnovers and total lack of sideline recovery. That is what Edsall was saying.

But you all just want to whine.

Reaction Score
Isn't this what WVU did and then the head coach started to undermine the OC, forcing the school to fire the head coach sooner than they wanted to.

People have followed the program understand Randy did not comeback to coach for 10 years.

He came back to rebuild his baby and when the ship gets righted I'm thinking he will move on.

C

Chief00

You all are nuts ...

Gloating about the offense and just hammering Crocker. YOU should know ... that the offense is causing the defensive swirl. As Randy Edsall said.

Tied 21-21. UConn wasn't the same since that point. It was the OFFENSE that gave the ball back twice in a row. Did anyone note the Defensive posture and positioning? They were totally gassed. Up down Up down Up down. That, as we can all agree, was the ballgame. To that point? The defense was decent. (we'd love to see more pressure) But ... the rush to 700 and 70 began right there. YOU CANNOT run this Offense you love ... and then leave this Defense exposed to gashes by turnovers and total lack of sideline recovery. That is what Edsall was saying.

But you all just want to whine.

Agree, the offense giving the ball up twice late in the first half was key to the halftime deficit. However, it doesn’t explain the 3TDs already scored or the 5TDs in the second half. Games ebb and flow - but the 700 yards were consistently gained throughout the game - and about half of those came before your tired and gassed time. Half of Memphis points were in the first half. Crocker’s halftime adjustments also obviously failed. You may like his performance and I do not - but that doesn’t really matter - he is on the clock.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

As if any of these rumormongers has legitimate insights on $ considerations required to fund such ill-thought out whines, especially after only 4 games ...

You and Stair think alike. Good luck.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
LOL - Do you have any other posting advice, given your successful posting history?

Your posting history is an abject failure, consisting solely of obsessively taking credit for things retroactively -- all to feed your ego. As such, your criticisms of others fall completely flat.

C

Chief00

Your posting history is an abject failure, consisting solely of obsessively taking credit for things retroactively -- all to feed your ego. As such, your criticisms of others fall completely flat.
I have never seen someone so jealous of another posters track record !

Reaction Score
Focus, 4 games. Crocker gets more than 1 season to recruit, coach, etc. Highly unlikely AD Dave's buying him or other coaches out after just 1 season let alone only 4 games. :rolleyes:
The only thing worse than cocksure arrogance is cocksure stupidity. So, Mr. Focus for clarity sake. We are 1-4. 4+1= 5. In case you're confused, we have one (1) win against Holy Cross. The following are losses: Virginia, SMU, East Carolina and Memphis. Thanks for playing.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I have never seen someone so jealous of another posters track record !

I am not jealous of your nonexistent track record. I pity how desperate you are for approval.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
The only thing worse than cocksure arrogance is cocksure stupidity. So, Mr. Focus for clarity sake. We are 1-4. 4+1= 5. In case you're confused, we have one (1) win against Holy Cross. The following are losses: Virginia, SMU, East Carolina and Memphis. Thanks for playing.

I'm an idiot for coming to this site and expecting intelligent commentary.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom