Lasan's out of bounds save.... | The Boneyard

Lasan's out of bounds save....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah Doug that was the only reason the Huskies won the game:eek: First half Crawford just crossed half court and threw it back to Goodwin who didn't get over yet, he tried to get his feet over and when he touched it had only the left foot and he knew it so he jumped his other foot while moving his left yet again to make it look the part…….so it was backcourt or a travel and the ref staring at it saw nothing?

So many others both ways with rewind helps me get them right LOL…….Boat may have had a 10 second call too once as he just got over at 25 if he did…..not on him it was a last second cross court pass…….Doug needs to rethink his titles before saying stupid crap…….it was a missed call bout I'll send him a few more.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
IIRC, the play where he got wild applause for diving for a ball was called out of bounds. But it was simply great hustle after a point in the game where UConn had been playing sort of flat. Was there another Kromah play being discussed?

Reaction Score
i think it was a generous call for uconn. not sure it won the game for us but it looks like he was out of bounds.

Reaction Score
IIRC, the play where he got wild applause for diving for a ball was called out of bounds. But it was simply great hustle after a point in the game where UConn had been playing sort of flat. Was there another Kromah play being discussed?

Yes the one in OT where he saved it during a nice run for us……..left foot hit down first it would seem for sure……..but hey these things happen. They missed about 2 other foul calls on Goodwin does Doug want me to dig those up for him? Maybe the game doesn't get to OT…….

Reaction Score
Memphis fans across the internet are all cranky because of the foul discrepancy but there were some bad out of bounds calls both ways. I remember one right near the UConn bench where Memphis guy clearly knocked it out of bounds and they gave them the ball.

Reaction Score
Duke Edsall can ref our games anytime :) Mike Stuart would've thrown Kromah out of the game
I love their fans "their former football coach's brother was reffing how is that allowed?!?!" Uhhh the Edsalls and UConn don't have an exactly friendly relationship and I'm also pretty sure he worked at least 2 of our 5 losses.

Reaction Score
Not that the last one with 9 seconds mattered but how do you go to the replay and see anything BUT Jackson knocking that ball out……I mean kromah never touched it after Jackson hit it and they gave it to UM anyway…..why have a replay? The play meant nothing but I was laughing at the fact they didn't change it having the replay at their hands?

Reaction Score
Not that the last one with 9 seconds mattered but how do you go to the replay and see anything BUT Jackson knocking that ball out……I mean kromah never touched it after Jackson hit it and they gave it to UM anyway…..why have a replay? The play meant nothing but I was laughing at the fact they didn't change it having the replay at their hands?

Thank you Mau. I was thinking exactly the same thing. Two angles clearly show Jackson pushed it out of bounds. How on earth can you review that and not overturn it. It was nice to be able to laugh it off at the time but it is worrisome to think that they can get it wrong even with incontrovertible video.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
More than offset by the OOB no-call where they actually went to the booth (or whatever in basketball) and still didn't change the call where Memphis dude clearly bounced it out of bounds.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
Some Memphis fans are really salty about this call. You can't really blame a loss on one bad call. They still should have made a stop on the defensive end. It's not like the out of bounds play directly gave us 2 points.

Reaction Score
They called 2 or 3 fouls on us in which Goodwin was the soul attacker/initiator………..I mean we may have fouled less so f-them!! If called correctly on the low post he would not have seen the OT, simply put!

Reaction Score
Yeah there were no bad calls against Uconn at all. The refs were equally bad on both sides, bottom line we beat them twice, excuses are tools of the incompetent.

Reaction Score
Memphis fans across the internet are all cranky because of the foul discrepancy but there were some bad out of bounds calls both ways. I remember one right near the UConn bench where Memphis guy clearly knocked it out of bounds and they gave them the ball.

I would recommend Memphis fans rewatch the game and count the number of times we challenged shots inside vs how many they challenged. then look at how aggressive memphis was on the perimeter harassing our guards. Memphis got tons of easy transition points and uncontested layups. I would have loved to take away 7 layups and give them 14 free throws. They would have probably missed 4 of those and we would have won in regulation.

Reaction Score
Yeah Kromah was out of bounds.

The FT discrepancies were pretty significant but unless you watched you'd understand why that happened. Our bigs gave the Memphis guards a lay-up line throughout most of the game. I saw DD in 3 consecutive possessions watch one of the Memphis guards dribble towards him, dribble by him, and go for an uncontested lay-up. There weren't much shooting fouls on Memphis' end because the bigs didn't guard them much more often than not. That's also why Memphis' shooting percentage was so high.

Memphis' fans other gripe was that was that fouls weren't called evenly. They were saying their players were being hacked constantly. I didn't see any difference in terms of aggressiveness. When I saw the ball thrown inside, I saw just as much no calls against our bigs.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

Unless you were betting.

Reaction Score
Some Memphis fans are really salty about this call. You can't really blame a loss on one bad call. They still should have made a stop on the defensive end. It's not like the out of bounds play directly gave us 2 points.
Didn't Boat hit a 3 after it?

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
It looks like he saved it milliseconds before his feet touched the ground out of bounds. Looks to be a borderline good save to me. To close to call it definitely out off UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom