Las Vegas Aces | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Las Vegas Aces

Reaction Score
I was very disappointed that, after being listed on the League Pass site, yesterday's games were not available to be viewed. Checking the box score of the Aces' game, I see that Moriah didn't play. Several others who are obviously going to make the team also didn't play, but Moriah wasn't even listed. Any news about her rehab?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I was very disappointed that, after being listed on the League Pass site, yesterday's games were not available to be viewed. Checking the box score of the Aces' game, I see that Moriah didn't play. Several others who are obviously going to make the team also didn't play, but Moriah wasn't even listed. Any news about her rehab?
I think Maya wasn’t listed in the Lynx box score either. She’ll probably make the roster. ;)

Mo has been doing promotional work. I don’t know if she’s 100% or not, though.

Reaction Score

A while back they said she’d miss three weeks, so we’ll see that goes.

The Aces are looking surprisingly good already.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
A while back they said she’d miss three weeks, so we’ll see that goes.

The Aces are looking surprisingly good already.
Uh, maybe we should wait until they play other WNBA teams before forming an initial judgment. The Chinese team might not be the best yardstick.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I hope they're successful, but LV is such a transient community I wonder if they'll develop a strong following.

The Las Vegas Valley has over 2 million people living in it. Currently the Vegas Golden Knights have already sold out its season tickets for next year, (16,000) and they have sold more than 3,000 season tickets for the Aces.

Reaction Score
Uh, maybe we should wait until they play other WNBA teams before forming an initial judgment. The Chinese team might not be the best yardstick.

That’s not my only yardstick. I like what I have seen in practices.

And by “surprisingly good” I mean not the worst team in the WNBA. They’re pretty far from contending for a title, but could they be Top 8?

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
That’s not my only yardstick. I like what I have seen in practices.

I'll be at their inaugural 2018 home opener on May 27 vs Seattle. I already have my tickets. I've convinced my wife, daughter and granddaughter to come also. Souvenir Aces tee-shirts for everyone. :) This little road trip is not going to be cheap. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
1. I'm not sure these haters exist. 2. It was a preseason game. 3. A'ja is obviously going to be a great pro, but anyone who knows basketball already knew that.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
The Las Vegas Valley has over 2 million people living in it. Currently the Vegas Golden Knights have already sold out its season tickets for next year, (16,000) and they have sold more than 3,000 season tickets for the Aces.

As you know, heavily populated areas frequently don't support the WNBA. I went to a game in Atlanta last season and there were almost as many Gamecock fans there supporting Alisha Gray and Kaela Davis as there were Atlanta Dream fans.

Reaction Score
love those Aces.... except for those LVs they have... Hah.... Nah, STwain.... Nared.... and Izzy 2 of my fave players of yours...... and Cierra not bad either..... good reps 4 ur university.... sure you will enjoy watching as I will

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I've been following the Star's franchise since Mo Jefferson's arrival. I'll continue to follow her and her new Aces teammates. Now that Wilson has joined the team, I'm going to root for her to do/play well, as I will root and cheer for all of the Aces players. I hope she has a double-double every game.

As the #1 over all draft pick, she's got to bring her lunch and hard hat to work every night. This franchise had the worst record in the league the past two seasons. They have nowhere to go but up. I'd like to see them finish at least 1 game over .500 (or better) this year.

I think each team helped themselves through trades/free agency and the draft. With McCoughtry's return, and the addition of veteran free agents Renee Montgomery and Jessica Breland, the Dream should be much improved. Elizabeth Williams, Tiffany Hayes (team-high 16.3 PPG) and point guard Layshia Clarendon are all looking to improve on their numbers from last year.

Dallas should be improved with the addition of Stevens and Cambage. I expect 2017 rookie of the year Alisha Gray to have a solid sophomore year and continue to flourish.

I'll be watching the NY Liberty to see how much Kiah Stokes improved during the off season. Kia Nurse should be able to help the Liberty this season along with Brittany Boyd who returns from her 2017 injury just 7 games into the season. If the 19 points Nurse put up Tuesday against the Sparks is any indication of things to come, she'll be fine.

Team Sun are looking real good so far. Morgan Tuck and Chiney Ogwumike are both back, healthy and ready to go. Courtney Williams (USF) has raised the level of her game. She's playing like a seasoned vet.

There's also Jonquel Jones, the interior dominator at
6-6. The forward/center, the WNBA's most improved player last season, who wants to pick up where she left off last season. She started every game, averaging 15.4 points and a league-leading 11.9 rebounds. She still feels she has something to prove.

I'll also be keeping an eye on the Sky to see how Gabulous and DeShields fare their rookie season. With that said, I still think the Lynx are the team to beat. They return all 5 starters from their championship team a year ago, joining Houston as the only WNBA franchises with four titles.

Former LSU teammates Seimone Augustus and Sylvia Fowles are posed to bring yet another championship back to Minnesota in 2018. The Lynx are still tougher than a $2 steak, and they'll have some different players coming off the bench, including veteran guards Tanisha Wright and Danielle Robinson, and post player Lynetta Kizer. And let's not forget the incomparable Maya Moore who is still playing at the top of her game.

The Aces are hoping many of the local stars/entertainers and athletes will turn out for their inaugural home opener on the 27th. It should be fun (I hope so). I hope Las Vegas embraces and supports their new WNBA team this season and for years to come. I believe they have already sold over 3,000 season tickets. Six days until they break the seal on the 2018 season. Can't wait. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom