Las Vegas Aces | The Boneyard

Las Vegas Aces

Reaction Score
The new location and name of the San Antonio Stars
lvaceslogo.jpg

Reaction Score
I googled Aces and Aces Wild came up, manic brawling action :eek:

Reaction Score
Las Vegas & Aces means one thing to me............the movie "SMOKIN' ACES".

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Does this mean that they are trading for Natalie Achonwa and bringing back Kristen Clement? ;)

O’Hara legend Clement Blue comes home to receive honor

Speaking of Ace, Notre Dame just put together a short video on Natalie Achonwa who speaks about her childhood, Notre Dame and representing her country. Natalie was always a determined, gritty leader for the Irish, who played very hard but was always a class act. Still is, in my humble WBB (and proud Irish Alum) opinion.

Take a look if you have some time.

University of Notre Dame powered by Sports Live

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
E
Speaking of Ace, Notre Dame just put together a short video on Natalie Achonwa who speaks about her childhood, Notre Dame and representing her country. Natalie was always a determined, gritty leader for the Irish, who played very hard but was always a class act. Still is, in my humble WBB (and proud Irish Alum) opinion.
Take a look if you have some time

A nice video, but it fails to adequately disguise the negative fact that she played for Notre Dame.

Just kidding. A good piece, thanks Dillon for the link.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Don't they have the first pick in the draft?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
First and thirteenth, and Laimbeer said he expects both picks to make the team. At this point it doesn't sound like he's interested in trading either pick. Wilson is going to Vegas is my strong feeling.
Yes Wilson will most likely be the first pick.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
More detailed info in the ACES move with a Bill Lambeer Interview

Inside The W with Michelle Smith: Laimbeer, Aces Looking Forward to Playing New Hand - WNBA.com - Official Site of the WNBA

Moriah tidbits

Most of your players are overseas now, right? Have you been in communication with them?
Moriah Jefferson is rehabbing in the states. Everybody else is overseas. We have exchanged emails and a few phone calls. I will see Moriah this week on our announcement day. It will be great to get a chance to talk to her about what we are thinking about, get her feedback about some things, pick her brain about what the players have experience and try to choose the best parts of that.

What will be happening with the franchise over these next few months?
I have a lot to do between now and the end of March, every day, all day. I need to do a lot of scouting now. That No. 1 pick is the easy one — it’s going to be one of a few players. But with our No. 13 pick, we are going to have to expand our pool of possibilities. We could also be working on trades to acquire another draft pick. Moriah will be here. She will be a “community player,” helping to sell tickets, doing community outreach, reaching out with possible sponsors, while she is rehabbing her knee. She had surgery in September, but she will be seeing a lot of people here. I think she’s really looking forward to it.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know what specifically was wrong with Mo's knee that resulted in surgery? ACL tear, meniscus damage, etc? Just curious.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I hope they're successful, but LV is such a transient community I wonder if they'll develop a strong following.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I hope they're successful, but LV is such a transient community I wonder if they'll develop a strong following.
You may be right, but we were passing through on Monday night and the hockey team had an away playoff game. We were eating a quick dinner when we heard cheering from one of the bars, turned out Las Vegas had just scored. Also, couldn't get a reservation at the bar / restaurant we really were thinking of eating at (yes, it was late to call) - large crowd watching the game on TV.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I'm starting to like the Aces. Right now Nared and Burdick . They also have Harrison who is on leave.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
So ... WNBA League Pass does not include the preseason games?

Was hoping to see the Aces' debut game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm starting to like the Aces. Right now Nared and Burdick . They also have Harrison who is on leave.
The roster isn’t final. I think at least one of the LVs is on the bubble.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom