"Las Vegas Aces center Kiah Stokes stars in her role" (merged) | The Boneyard

"Las Vegas Aces center Kiah Stokes stars in her role" (merged)

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score

Aces guard Kelsey Plum calls Stokes, 30, one of the best teammates she’s ever played with. Las Vegas assistant coach Natalie Nakase says Stokes is an invaluable presence and the most selfless player on the team. As a member of a starting five flanked by high-producing All-Stars, Stokes has been a star in her role for the Aces as a defensive anchor willing to do whatever the team needs. It’s a role that isn’t flashy, and often overlooked, but Stokes has embraced it and has become an integral piece of a Las Vegas franchise looking to repeat as champions.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
They play at home tonight against New York for the Commissioner's Cup. Even though I like Stewie, I gotta root for my home team tonight.

Reaction Score
They play at home tonight against New York for the Commissioner's Cup. Even though I like Stewie, I gotta root for my home team tonight.
You guys have a pretty awesome team at there in Vegas. BTW, I love visiting Vegas. Great city. I kick myself for turning down a teaching position at one of the schools in Vegas.

Reaction Score
You guys have a pretty awesome team at there in Vegas. BTW, I love visiting Vegas. Great city. I kick myself for turning down a teaching position at one of the schools in Vegas.
It's never too late to live your dream...go ahead and do to Vegas and live your life \. If what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas then you'll already be there...lol

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Kiah was drafted # 11 in the first round by the Liberty in the 2015 WNBA draft. She was cut by the Liberty in 2021 and immediately picked up by the Aces. I would love for Kiah to "welcome" the Liberty back to Las Vegas once again with a resounding 14-point - 14 rebound - 4 block game tonight. Not necessarily for revenge mind you, but just to show them they made an error in judgment in deciding to let her go. :cool: Kiah is only 6'3" and she's holding down the center position. She must be doing something right.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
The school system isn't the same as when our son went, but that's about par for the course with most school systems in the nation. Saw that you live in Minn, are you going to go to the UConn game on Nov 19th?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Kiah was a very underrated player her sr year. IMO the best post defender in UCONN history.
I certainly agree with you on both counts. I also think she was under-credited for her role on the 2014 team. She was the bench on that championship run. She was part of one of the greatest defensive front lines ever.

Reaction Score
I certainly agree with you on both counts. I also think she was under-credited for her role on the 2014 team. She was the bench on that championship run. She was part of one of the greatest defensive front lines ever.
Totally agree with your statement. Geno never had any qualms about putting Kiah in the game when he needed a stopper, which Kiah was one of the best stoppers in the game at that time. I always loved when she came into the and marveled at her blocks and rebounds. Great to see that she is appreciated by her coach and fellow players. Wish you a long career and be healthy. GO KIAH!!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom