Larry David aside, when is it time to "let up?" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Larry David aside, when is it time to "let up?"

Reaction Score
Never stop. Teams did us dirty when we were down now that we are back debts must be collected

Reaction Score
We had our bench players in with a few minutes left and Illi had thier starters in and were full court pressing us. So lucky for Illi Hurley didn’t put our starters back in.

Reaction Score
Animated GIF

Reaction Score
Hurley can’t show mercy. The man is a Visigoth in a suit. Id personified. These games are his own personal version of ‘Doom’ played on max difficulty with the gore cranked up.

I don’t think he wants to defeat opponents so much as he wants to figuratively disembowel them.

Consider the imagery he’s used to describe UCONN performances these last few years:

-destroy
-crush
-murder
-annihilated
-beasts
-violence
-warfare
-and too many ‘blood’ references to count
Does the blood reference also include blue blood?

Reaction Score
When the losing coach starts pulling his guys.
This....when DH pulled the starters with under 5 mins left up 30, Undwerwood started pressing with his starters still in. So really have to wait until the opposing coach waives the white flag to let the foot off the gas.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Yes. Because he has failed so far. He has no body of work since Stephon returned.
I'm not in the mood to go back and dig through every game to check the accuracy of may aging memory, but I swear I recall that early in the season, Ball was often the first or second guy off the bench. The first of the frosh, anyway. But by the midway point in the season, Stewart had supplanted him in that spot, and his minutes kept diminishing. To the point that his game seems to be to hoist a three point attempt or two (or more) as quickly as possible.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Can we please postone player specific arguments until April 10 or later (and then start individual threads on said arguments).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom