Larrier | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Larrier

Reaction Score
If you don't like it don't read it - that's my constructive advice to you
I don't always agree with ChiefOO but when he's up there and giving us some feedback I'll take it
How do you know he doesn't know JC in a more than passing recognition?
I know JC, Ray Reid and GA very well and many of the things ChiefOO says more than holds merit
And you know what gb? If you don't believe him or me, I don't give a rats arse. It just gives me a little more behind the scenes info than you will have.
You think this little advice is going to stop him? You are simply wasting your time.
Thanks for your contribution Mrs Chief

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
I think the ignore button reduces Chief angst. Chief keep the posts coming but take it easy on the casual fan. Just because someone doesn't share your ardor for UConn athletics doesn't mean they can't enjoy the games. BTW, 99.9% of the BY are avid fans. Why else would we be wasting our precious time being mean to each over something we all love. Ah, conundrums.

Reaction Score
Yes and hopefully while other guys like me are on get away weekends - I may see some of the players work out today. Only thing missing - it's not Guyer - something about that place that's just basketball - not a marketing brochure or what have you. That's why JC always use to start their first practice bright and early at Guyer after the required First Night nonsense.
Those were son good days.

C

Chief00

I think the ignore button reduces Chief angst. Chief keep the posts coming but take it easy on the casual fan. Just because someone doesn't share your ardor for UConn athletics doesn't mean they can't enjoy the games. BTW, 99.9% of the BY are avid fans. Why else would we be wasting our precious time being mean to each over something we all love. Ah, conundrums.
I have always embraced and been supportive of the casual fan. In CT they are critical to the success of the basketball and football programs. Encouraging them to take on responsibility as a fan is tricky. While it's comfortable watching a game on a big screen HD TV nothing replaces the experience of being there. I will continue to try to coach them up in a friendly way why this is entertaining but also important.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Here's some constructive criticism for you:
Stop trying to pass off that you're an insider. Stop telling us when you see the coaches and somehow that translates into you giving them advice. Stop talking about Bunkey as if he is some kind of mythical recruiting Svengali. Basically, stop doing everything you do that proves that you don't know Shot and contribute to the Board in a more positive way. Oh, and stop calling coach Calhoun by his first name. It only feeds your desperation.

Other than that, you're good.
If you don't like it don't read it - that's my constructive advice to you
I don't always agree with ChiefOO but when he's up there and giving us some feedback I'll take it
How do you know he doesn't know JC in a more than passing recognition?
I know JC, Ray Reid and GA very well and many of the things ChiefOO says more than holds merit
And you know what gb? If you don't believe him or me, I don't give a rats arse. It just gives me a little more behind the scenes info than you will have.
You think this little advice is going to stop him? You are simply wasting your time.
Here's some advice for both of you:

:cool:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I have always embraced and been supportive of the casual fan. In CT they are critical to the success of the basketball and football programs. Encouraging them to take on responsibility as a fan is tricky. While it's comfortable watching a game on a big screen HD TV nothing replaces the experience of being there. I will continue to try to coach them up in a friendly way why this is entertaining but also important.

Casual fans don't post here.

C

Chief00

Casual fans don't post here.
I am speaking to just the right audience - if you consider yourself an expert - be expert in influencing others to attend games. Others posted on the FB board how they did just that. Good luck on stepping out of your comfort zone.
Chief

C

Chief00

@Chief00 how can we bring more casual fans aboard?

Great question - learn what buttons to push with your friends to achieve successful outcomes. Some may like football, others the marching band or a good tailgate. Push the button that will prompt that to action. I hope this helps.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom