Lappas' true feelings about the game | The Boneyard

Lappas' true feelings about the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did anyone else catch Lappas' comments as they were signing off? Someone left a microphone on.

Steve Lappas:

"That was awful, Oh my God, Jeez"

Thankfully he didn't threaten to throw anyone off a balcony.

Reaction Score
Why didn't he comment about how people get effed at Gampel as well?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
How is this not up on youtube or deadspin or awful announcing?

Reaction Score
Very funny but it says a lot about the AAC. Throw in more games like this with Tulane/Tulsa/ECU and we're going to be longing for those DePaul match-ups in no time :(

Reaction Score
I chuckled after hearing that as well. It's always interesting to hear what announcers really have to say when they don't realize that they're still on the air -- it seems to differ somewhat from the positive assertions that accompany their phoney smiles during the majority of the broadcast. Unfortunately for Lappas, not every game can bring the excitement of an epic UMass-St.Bonaventure battle.

Even SI picked up on it: http://extramustard.si.com/2014/01/...lappas-really-feels-about-uconn-houston-game/

Reaction Score
Is anyone else getting really annoyed by Lappas? His commentating style, to me, is to overact like he's young and hip. It sounds like it takes him so much effort to sound hip and cool for the kids, it takes me out of the game so often.

He get under anyone else's skin?

Reaction Score
I liked Lappas the other night……the statement is funny as hell but true. It was awful they way UConn dismantled them……lol

Reaction Score
Is anyone else getting really annoyed by Lappas? His commentating style, to me, is to overact like he's young and hip. It sounds like it takes him so much effort to sound hip and cool for the kids, it takes me out of the game so often.

He get under anyone else's skin?

I don't think he tries to sound "young and hip" I just think he's a dude that came up in the Bronx, even though he looks like Feivel from American Tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom