Lamont says UConn would need to quarantine after road games | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Lamont says UConn would need to quarantine after road games

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm not sure this is still relevant after the play for the Blue Jats.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I'm not sure this is still relevant after the play for the Blue Jats.
I was thinking the same thing. First Blue Jays home game is against the Nationals. So it's fine for the Nationals to go play in Hartford but UConn has to quarantine 14 days after playing a game @ UVA? Good luck enforcing that...

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing. First Blue Jays home game is against the Nationals. So it's fine for the Nationals to go play in Hartford but UConn has to quarantine 14 days after playing a game @ UVA? Good luck enforcing that...
MLB teams get tested before they travel so it should be no problem.

Drew

Reaction Score
MLB teams get tested before they travel so it should be no problem.
right but its the consistency- if that protocol is fine for them then it should be applicable to UConn playing games and coming from different places too. You can't arbitrarily draw the line in the sand and say its okay for MLB teams to do that but not UConn.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
And get immediate results while the there’s a two week backlog for us plebeians.
MLB, NBA, NFL have the coin to contract out their own private lab work...nothing wrong with that. I would fully expect they are doing exactly and if they are not, then those respective state labs need to give them the boot.

College athletics on the other hand when it involves state schools, well - then you start to have interesting questions.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
right but its the consistency- if that protocol is fine for them then it should be applicable to UConn playing games and coming from different places too. You can't arbitrarily draw the line in the sand and say its okay for MLB teams to do that but not UConn.
Nobody said UConn can't do that. Depends on whether or not the Jackson Labs can handle an extra 100 tests overnight. Or whatever adjunct lab they have on line. That might be a stretch, but who knows? Today if you get surgery at UConn you take the test two days before and have the result in a day. I just did that.

The only thing immoral about professional teams buying up their own supplies is that there is a shortage of supplies and they are making things worse.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It's also markedly easier to enforce strict exposure protocols on paid professional athletes as opposed to unpaid students. Pros don't have to go to class, live in communal spaces, and generally interact with far more of the general public.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
the CDC says it is 10 days now, not 14 days. Just an FYI the state is beyond

Reaction Score
It's also markedly easier to enforce strict exposure protocols on paid professional athletes as opposed to unpaid students. Pros don't have to go to class, live in communal spaces, and generally interact with far more of the general public.

So why is Lamont jerking around Hartford Athletic?

Reaction Score
(Wiggle room protocol aka guinea pig trail run?):

Alternate access link here

>>Team officials, however, have told state leaders that Hartford Athletic members will go to Indiana and remain in quarantine, save for participating in the game. From the time they leave Dillon Stadium to the time they arrive at the hotel, they will be wearing masks and gloves and carrying their own bags. Players will isolate in their hotel rooms, with all team meetings taking place via Zoom. They will only leave the hotel for the game.

Upon returning to Connecticut, players will be tested and quarantine until they receive their results. Any players who test positive will follow league protocol for positive results.

According to a spokesperson for Hartford Mayor Luke Bronin, Hartford is allowed to host Loudoun United FC, based in Virginia, on Sunday as long as the opposing team quarantines while it is in Connecticut.<<

Reaction Score
(Wiggle room protocol):

Alternate access link here

>>Team officials, however, have told state leaders that Hartford Athletic members will go to Indiana and remain in quarantine, save for participating in the game. From the time they leave Dillon Stadium to the time they arrive at the hotel, they will be wearing masks and gloves and carrying their own bags. Players will isolate in their hotel rooms, with all team meetings taking place via Zoom. They will only leave the hotel for the game.

Upon returning to Connecticut, players will be tested and quarantine until they receive their results. Any players who test positive will follow league protocol for positive results.

According to a spokesperson for Hartford Mayor Luke Bronin, Hartford is allowed to host Loudoun United FC, based in Virginia, on Sunday as long as the opposing team quarantines while it is in Connecticut.<<

But UConn football would have to quarantine for 14 days....ok...….got it...……..

Reaction Score
But UConn football would have to quarantine for 14 days....ok...….got it...……..
... or they try to migrate towards a similar protocol for UConn with the same “requirements” whereas upon returning to Connecticut, UConn players would be tested and quarantined until they receive their results.

It’s definitely a quagmire of logistical challenges.

Drew

Reaction Score
... or they try to migrate towards a similar protocol for UConn with the same “requirements” whereas upon returning to Connecticut, UConn players would be tested and quarantined until they receive their results.

It’s definitely a quagmire of logistical challenges.
This is what I’ve been waiting for. This is now the precedent for sports in CT. Excellent news for UConn.

Reaction Score
This is what I’ve been waiting for. This is now the precedent for sports in CT. Excellent news for UConn.
That’s just me musing... no guarantees they go in that direction.

Drew

Reaction Score
That’s just me musing... no guarantees they go in that direction.
I mean legally if they allow Hartford FC to do this don’t they have to let UConn too? How can you establish that precedent and then say it doesn’t apply to other sports leagues?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
At least right now, the pre-test exclusion is the way to go.

Reaction Score
Lamont knows the CEO or something from Quest. He is from Torrington. Hopefully this connection is in play.

Reaction Score
I mean legally if they allow Hartford FC to do this don’t they have to let UConn too? How can you establish that precedent and then say it doesn’t apply to other sports leagues?

Uconn is technically part of the CT government. They can do whatever they want to it.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Good news/bad news....but mostly good news because it means the death rates are over stated (and no I am not trying to diminish death). Wonder what this data would reveal by say 9/1.

A recently updated study estimates that Connecticut had 185,000 coronavirus cases by the end of May, at least four-times as many cases as had been officially reported at that time. The study estimates that 5.2% of the Connecticut population had contracted the virus by May 26.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention conducted the study by partnering with local labs to collect blood samples from a large number of Connecticut residents, and testing those samples for antibodies to the coronavirus. The presence of antibodies in a person’s blood indicates that they have already contracted the coronavirus.

The Connecticut data is part of the ongoing national seroprevalence study, in which the CDC is working to estimate the proportion of the population that has already been infected by COVID-19. Connecticut is one of 10 areas participating in the study, which the CDC aims to update every three or four weeks, according to its website.

There have now been nearly 50,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Connecticut, a figure that is very likely substantially larger, based on the estimates from the CDC study. A total of 4,425 people have died from COVID-19.

Of the eight areas that participated in the second round of the study, Connecticut had the second-highest seroprevalence. Only New York City had a higher prevalence, at 23.2% or more than four-times Connecticut’s seroprevalence. The other six areas all reported rates below 4%.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The Wolf Pack just announced the AHL season will not start before 12/4/20.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom