Lamont says UConn would need to quarantine after road games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lamont says UConn would need to quarantine after road games

Reaction Score
I did not hear the press conference today - anyone?

I wonder if someone asked a question regarding the travel ban and sports and Lamont answered the way he did or did he just blurt it out unprompted?

Somebody specfically asked the question about UConn football

Reaction Score
Games every 2 weeks for student athletes sounds about right for football.

Reaction Score
Edsall should be the first to know. Having him ask Putterman for info on Twitter is a S Show

My guess is of course Edsall knows. Probably asking in a public forum so that more details are disseminated for the fans who are starved for details. I find it hard to believe Benedict and/or the CT government is communicating with media and not HC

Reaction Score
And what happens if the starting Qb for a visiting team comes here and tests positive? What does that do for oddsmakers in Vegas? And does that mean his starting backfield, WR’s, & OL all have to sit it out for 14 days too? The absurd possibilities are endless. Play ball!!

Reaction Score
And what happens if the starting Qb for a visiting team comes here and tests positive? What does that do for oddsmakers in Vegas? And does that mean his starting backfield, WR’s, & OL all have to sit it out for 14 days too? The absurd possibilities are endless. Play ball!!

huh?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I would be more concerned If I were a team coming to play at Connecticut. After all, Connecticut has one of the highest COVID death tolls of any state in the country.
CTBballfan243Patriot was already taken?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I just tweeted this out but Hartford Athletic played Loudon United, a team from Leesburg, VA last night. I haven’t seen anything where Loudon was forced to quarantine for 14 days before entering in to CT to play Hartford Athletic. As of today, VA is a state on the quarantine list. If they weren’t required to quarantine before playing at Hartford Athletic it seems pretty hypocritical to require UConn Football to quarantine after only being gone for a day for a football game.

Reaction Score
I just tweeted this out but Hartford Athletic played Loudon United, a team from Leesburg, VA last night. I haven’t seen anything where Loudon was forced to quarantine for 14 days before entering in to CT to play Hartford Athletic. As of today, VA is a state on the quarantine list. If they weren’t required to quarantine before playing at Hartford Athletic it seems pretty hypocritical to require UConn Football to quarantine after only being gone for a day for a football game.

I would love to see this addressed by the media. I completely agree with requiring UCONN teams to quarantine when they play in one of the high covid states, but it should be the same for everyone - or it doesn’t work.

Reaction Score
No quarantine needed incoming if you present a negative test within 72 hours prior to entry.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

The state of Connecticut does note an exception to its 14-day mandatory quarantine that could create a loophole for visiting teams coming to play UConn. If travelers cannot quarantine for 14 days, they must have a negative COVID-19 viral test in the 72 hours prior to arriving in Connecticut. The NCAA’s new testing guidelines would fit within that range and could point to an answer. But that wouldn’t solve the issue of the Huskies leaving the state and returning.

Uncertainty remains and reigns, first in terms of the viability of a fall football season and then in terms of who can make it work.

“I do what they tell me,” Edsall said. “I’m not the person who’s making the decisions. We can only go by the people making the decisions. Let them make those decisions, and then tell us, but let’s not wait until the 23rd hour to decide what’s happening.”

Reaction Score

Alternate access link here (it truncates the schedule review so here they are):

>>Here’s a look at UConn’s original schedule and what the issues could be if the hot spot states remain on the travel restriction list:

Sept. 3: UMass - There are no issues with this game.

Sept. 12: at Illinois - Canceled due to Big Ten playing conference-only games

Sept. 19: at Virginia - Still on the schedule, but there are reports the ACC could go conference-only. A decision is expected later this month. If the next week on the schedule isn’t filled, the Huskies could theoretically travel to Virginia, return and quarantine for 14 days if the hot spot list remained the same.

Sept. 26: Indiana - Canceled due to Big Ten playing conference-only games

Oct. 3: Old Dominion - This game would require the Virginia-based team to quarantine upon arriving (although it has a game the week before) or be tested in the days leading up to the game and receive those results, the latter being more likely.

Oct. 10: Maine - Canceled after Colonial Athletic Association opted to not play sports in the fall

Oct. 17: Bye

Oct. 24: at Ole Miss - Playing the game would be no problem. Returning? The team would have to quarantine for 14 days before its game, which is in only seven. The math doesn’t quite add up there.

Oct. 31: Liberty - Liberty, a team from Virginia, could theoretically quarantine in Connecticut for 14 days since it has no game scheduled for the week before. Or the team could get tested and travel if the results are in.

Nov. 7: at North Carolina - Traveling to North Carolina shouldn’t be a problem, unless the ACC moves to a conference-only schedule. Returning is the issue with a game seven days away.

Nov. 14: at San Jose State - The Huskies might as well travel directly from North Carolina to San Jose State to avoid having to deal with traveling back to Connecticut. The team could then get tested in California and, if negative, be safe to travel home without having to quarantine.

Nov. 21: Middle Tennessee State - This game works if Middle Tennessee State gets tested prior to the game and gets its results back, in addition to UConn getting its results from California.

Nov. 28: Army - UConn is all set with this one - Army can travel from upstate New York and doesn’t violate travel restrictions.<<

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So it’s UMass for at least 8 games

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members