lamb better than advertised? espn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

lamb better than advertised? espn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm starting to get a little of this feel with Barnes as well. Given the choice, I would take Lamb over Barnes. I feel he's a better defender, more athletic, slighty better shooter, and longer. If Lamb was the #1 recruit coming out of high school he'd be getting a lot more hype from draft scouts.

Yeah I completely agree. Nobody is saying Barnes isnt a very good player, but hes so methodical. Against a team like UNC-Ashville, youd expect a potential POY and #1 pick to stand out a little more athletically. He's pretty guardable and if you dont give him open 3's hell get his 15 or so pts but not 25 to 30 . He's just average when it comes creating his own shot and making things happen individually. You wont see him make either of the 2 sick plays Lamb made; baseline SLAM or crossover shake pullup 3. Lamb has a chance to be a star in the NBA (call me crazy but I see a lot of Durant in Lamb). I dont see that high of a ceiling for Barnes.

Reaction Score
Yeah I completely agree. Nobody is saying Barnes isnt a very good player, but hes so methodical. Against a team like UNC-Ashville, youd expect a potential POY and #1 pick to stand out a little more athletically. He's pretty guardable and if you dont give him open 3's hell get his 15 or so pts but not 25 to 30 . He's just average when it comes creating his own shot and making things happen individually. You wont see him make either of the 2 sick plays Lamb made; baseline SLAM or crossover shake pullup 3. Lamb has a chance to be a star in the NBA (call me crazy but I see a lot of Durant in Lamb). I dont see that high of a ceiling for Barnes.

I absolutely see that too, and that's who I've been comparing to him lately. He's obviously not as tall, but they do have similar games. If he can be close to as successful as Durant has been, he'll have a very good career indeed.

Reaction Score

hmmm...he does have a little bit of Durant in him, but I think there is a better comparison out there, I just can't think of who right now. I see him somewhere between a rich man's Rip Hamilton and a poor man's Kevin Durant.

Reaction Score
hmmm...he does have a little bit of Durant in him, but I think there is a better comparison out there, I just can't think of who right now. I see him somewhere between a rich man's Rip Hamilton and a poor man's Kevin Durant.
Hes more athletic than Hamilton but still silky smooth like Rip and he comes off screens well too. Lets not shortchange Lambsie with that poor mans Durant stuff. He may end up being a rich mans Durant!

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
with the new rule, if it is enforced for the next draft, davis and drummond have to wait another yr

There's a possibility the players here now could be "grandfathered" into the old rule though ... so it wouldn't be a given that guys like Davis and Drummond are required to stick around.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
There's a possibility the players here now could be "grandfathered" into the old rule though ... so it wouldn't be a given that guys like Davis and Drummond are required to stick around.
thats so lame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger