Lamar Jackson | The Boneyard

Lamar Jackson

Reaction Score
I don't watch much NFL anymore but is this guy playing better than basically anyone ever? He has like 21 TD's in something like his last 93 completions, he's a better athlete than anyone in the league, they clocked him at like 20 mph on his runs.

Haven't watched much but from what I have watched he is making some of the best athletes in the world look pretty ordinary.

Reaction Score
I don't watch much NFL anymore but is this guy playing better than basically anyone ever? He has like 21 TD's in something like his last 93 completions, he's a better athlete than anyone in the league, they clocked him at like 20 mph on his runs.

Haven't watched much but from what I have watched he is making some of the best athletes in the world look pretty ordinary.
I watched him in college and he was a man amongst boys. I always thought he'd be great in the pros if he could stay healthy. So far so good but history has shown his style of play is difficult to sustain over a long period.

Reaction Score
I watched him in college and he was a man amongst boys. I always thought he'd be great in the pros if he could stay healthy. So far so good but history has shown his style of play is difficult to sustain over a long period.
This. Running QBs do not have a long shelf life historically but damn he’s fun to watch while he’s out there.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He had that pass, I forget which quarter, that drew a PI in the end zone. He was somewhere around the 50 yard line, running parallel to the line of scrimmage and effortlessly flicked the pass in to the end zone off one foot.
That ability caught my attention.

Reaction Score
He had that pass, I forget which quarter, that drew a PI in the end zone. He was somewhere around the 50 yard line, running parallel to the line of scrimmage and effortlessly flicked the pass in to the end zone off one foot.
That ability caught my attention.
He’s good for some of those. His accuracy isn’t all that but defenses have to commit so much extra attention to him and he can extend plays so long that it feels like he has at least one guy running wide open on every play. They’ve built an amazing system around his talent.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
He's really what RGIII was supposed to be and now RGIII is his backup - as an old shell of himself. If Lamar gets hit enough, he's going to be what RGIII is now.
Difference between he and guys like Cam and Robert Griffin is that he doesn’t throw his body into people. He avoids them. I think if an injury derails his career it’ll be non-contact because he is that hard to square up on.

Reaction Score
The thing with Lamar is that he's a tremendous pocket passer too. Even if he has to stop running as much eventually he'll still be really good

Reaction Score
Difference between he and guys like Cam and Robert Griffin is that he doesn’t throw his body into people. He avoids them. I think if an injury derails his career it’ll be non-contact because he is that hard to square up on.
Well RG3 tore his LCL, ACL on a botched snap which is a non contact injury. Though he was hobbling before that.

Reaction Score
Well RG3 tore his LCL, ACL on a botched snap which is a non contact injury. Though he was hobbling before that.
He already tore his ACL in college and had no idea how not to take hits, it's not a great comparison.

Reaction Score

He avoids them TODAY. They’ll watch his tendencies and alter the angles they attack him. And like all other mobile QBs eventually the hits will take their toll.

That being said this season he has performed at an untouched level. Indefensible.

Reaction Score
RG3 didn’t get his knee destroyed in a hit

and Lamar absolutely takes one cringey hit a game.

Cam is like 6’5 260 and his career has been ruined by totally different injuries superimposed on to poor fundamentals entering the league

Reaction Score
He avoids them TODAY. They’ll watch his tendencies and alter the angles they attack him. And like all other mobile QBs eventually the hits will take their toll.

That being said this season he has performed at an untouched level. Indefensible.

Yup, one hit to the legs or trying to avoid one...ACL?

Reaction Score
The thing with Lamar is that he's a tremendous pocket passer too. Even if he has to stop running as much eventually he'll still be really good
Uhhh, have you watched him? I disagree with that completely. His throwing is almost completely predicated on the threat of the run drawing extra defenders to open up his receivers. It’s a great system but if his legs go and he doesn’t change his pocket passing drastically, he is no longer an NFL starter.

Reaction Score
Uhhh, have you watched him? I disagree with that completely. His throwing is almost completely predicated on the threat of the run drawing extra defenders to open up his receivers. It’s a great system but if his legs go and he doesn’t change his pocket passing drastically, he is no longer an NFL starter.
Yes I have watched him, all season actually.

Reaction Score
He throws for like 200 yards and 5 tds. I haven’t watched him that closely, but he must just be unreal in the red zone.

Reaction Score
Yes I have watched him, all season actually.

This doesn’t really change my point at all. I’m not disputing that he’s been very effective from the pocket. I’m saying that it’s based on the threat of the run. When a defense is spying you every time and is generally a bit sacred to bring too much pressure because you can take off and run, he ends up with huge amounts of time to throw to receivers with one on one coverage. He’s got guys running wide open constantly. If you take away the legs, that doesn’t happen. It’s an incredible system they’ve built but to say that his results are based on him being an elite pocket passer from a skill perspective is not true.

Reaction Score
Every time I turn on espn someone is talking about Lamar Jackson’s chances of getting hurt or his longevity being a big question mark. Who cares? If he even has 3 great seasons like this it will be one of the most amazing things in nfl history and if he only has this one great season he has a very good chance at winning a super bowl.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom