Lakers get Davis | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lakers get Davis

Reaction Score
Litterally have one lottery pick this week and one probable one with Memphis next year or the year after.
What is that, 14th at best? Lol tell yourself that’s a meaningful pick. What’s the pick this year?

I like the Celtics btw

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
What is that, 14th at best? Lol tell yourself that’s a meaningful pick

I like the Celtics btw

You said they had zero lottery picks coming. They likely have 2 in the next 2-3 years.

Reaction Score
I don’t think they have a alpha top guy on a title team there. Better hope it comes from the Memphis pick.

I badly want ainge to get bol and okeke in this draft.

They absolutely don't.

Reaction Score
What is that, 14th at best? Lol tell yourself that’s a meaningful pick. What’s the pick this year?

I like the Celtics btw

It's top 6 protected. The Grizz looks to be one of the worst teams in the NBA so it may not convey until the next year when it is unprotected. This is a great asset and could be a top 3 pick.

Reaction Score
You said they had zero lottery picks coming. They likely have 2 in the next 2-3 years.
The broader point being the prognosis is poor, and the “rebuild” has been a failure

Reaction Score
Would love it if Kemba ends up in LA so he can get a good shot at a title. But have a hard time seeing him taking 4/$130M from LA

Reaction Score
Only way the lakers could was if Tatum wasn’t on the table. Frankly I still think the celts could’ve beat that offer. Ingram is massively overrated.

AD didn't want to be there. He made it known Lakers were only place he wanted. Celtics fans didn't want to believe the truth

Reaction Score
Everything that could go wrong will go wrong when your GM is scared to trade Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum for Kawhi Leonard and Anthony Davis.

I saw a tweet that stated Masai is who people think Ainge is.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I like the Celtics btw

Pretty sure that’s around where Kawhi was drafted. The NBA draft is a crapshoot.

Glad Boston didn’t give up everything for a rental.

Reaction Score
What kind of pay cut would kemba have to take with LA compared to Charlotte? LA seems like a no brainer to compete for championships and build your profile beyond being ‘that guy who’s pretty good and plays in that city down south that we never see.’

Reaction Score
What kind of pay cut would kemba have to take with LA compared to Charlotte? LA seems like a no brainer to compete for championships and build your profile beyond being ‘that guy who’s pretty good and plays in that city down south that we never see.’
Lakers can offer 4/$140M and Charlotte can offer 5/$221M

Reaction Score
If they kept ball then NO should’ve fired griffin today.

Not disagreeing.
I am sure they tried. But NO was losing leverage every day. That's the reason this got done now. But yeah, he had to get Ball in the deal.

Reaction Score
A huge one. His smile and game will make up for some of it in a marquee city, but not all.

Reaction Score
Yeah that’s a ton of dough that will be hard to pass up. It will be interesting to see what he does.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Lol all the celtics fans who claimed no way the Lakers could beat their pursuit of Davis and said the reports he wanted to be in LA and wanted nothing to do with boston were untrue

You're ignoring the key variable: Kyrie.

If the Celts thought Kyrie was staying (which they quite reasonably thought would be the case until recently), Davis would be a Celtic.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure that’s around where Kawhi was drafted. The NBA draft is a crapshoot.

Glad Boston didn’t give up everything for a rental.
Boston was never serious. Danny Green just likes meddling in every trade he can, if anything to drive the Lakers’s price up with the media leaks, but even that wouldn’t really make sense.

Kawhi is a bit of a basketball miracle. Was given the right shooting coach coming into the league. If just about any other franchise drafted him, who knows where he would be.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Boston was never serious. Danny Green just likes meddling in every trade he can, if anything to drive the Lakers’s price up with the media leaks, but even that wouldn’t really make sense.

Kawhi is a bit of a basketball miracle. Was given the right shooting coach coming into the league. If just about any other franchise drafted him, who knows where he would be.

Never serious? He's been after Davis for years. He just figured the way to get and keep him was to have Kyrie resign, and Kyrie has left Boston twisting in the wind.

Still, rumor has it Ainge was willing to include Tatum but ownership shut him down

Reaction Score
Everything that could go wrong will go wrong when your GM is scared to trade Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum for Kawhi Leonard and Anthony Davis.

Ainge did the rental thing. He got Irving for 2 years by having the balls to trade the fan's favorite player. You're killing him now for not doing rentals when they're in a less than ideal position because one of the ones he did do backfired.

Ainge's biggest failure is not marketing/networking Boston enough as a destination that these free agents could be forcing themselves to, not away from.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Lonzo, Ingram, Hart and three first rounders including this year’s number 4. Sounds good for NO if they were losing Davis anyway.
I agree. But it makes sense; Lebron is an old 34. His window is 3 years max.

Reaction Score
Ainge did the rental thing. He got Irving for 2 years by having the balls to trade the fan's favorite player. You're killing him now for not doing rentals when they're in a less than ideal position because one of the ones he did do backfired.

Ainge's biggest failure is not marketing/networking Boston enough as a destination that these free agents could be forcing themselves to, not away from.

I feel as if the biggest failure is bad luck.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom