Lakers get Davis | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Lakers get Davis

Reaction Score
Sounds like even the Lakers front office is genuinely confused about it, as they try to figure out how to create enough space for another max contract and still have enough players to field a team.

Best part is the $5 mil stretched cap hold for Luol Deng is legitimately affecting their ability to get a max (unless they can convince the Pelicans to do the trade on the 30th).

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
That’s the hard cap apron exception. They also could split that up between multiple players if they wanted to.

Teams who are taxpayers only have like 5m or something like that.

Another terrible rule by the nba.

Why is that a terrible rule? The cap complexity all comes from the NBA coming up with ways for teams to go a little over the cap. It doesn't even stop teams from going way over the cap if they want to, although it becomes very expensive for them to do that.

The NBA salary cap is very player friendly given the guaranteed revenue split it has built in.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Why is that a terrible rule? The cap complexity all comes from the NBA coming up with ways for teams to go a little over the cap. It doesn't even stop teams from going way over the cap if they want to, although it becomes very expensive for them to do that.

The NBA salary cap is very player friendly given the guaranteed revenue split it has built in.

Everyone should have the same exception. Like the good ole days

the Q

Reaction Score
Expected. He has a huge contract hit, and they are drafting Morant. They should now have some cap room.

Especially since Jonas opted out.

Reaction Score
Expected. He has a huge contract hit, and they are drafting Morant. They should now have some cap room.
I'm happy because this all but guarantees nobody is getting #2 from them and the Knicks will get Barrett

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Good trade for everyone involved, except maybe Crowder. Conley will be a perfect fit for that Jazz team.

In addition, this takes away a max contract slot that was available for a free agent. Utah is now close to the cap, and I would expect to see Memphis stay under the cap with a team that will win 20 games next year.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

I like Ilyasova. He is a very productive 20 mpg guy right now, and is better than Mirotic. Ilyasova is only $7MM/year and only has 2 years left. Snell has a bad contract at $11.5/year and no one is going to take it, even if you package it with Ilyasova.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm happy because this all but guarantees nobody is getting #2 from them and the Knicks will get Barrett
What do you make of them working out Garland the other day? Smoke? Insurance?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Rubio would be a decent pickup at point if Boston loses Kyrie. A pass first point would be great for the other players.

Reaction Score
Rubio would be a decent pickup at point if Boston loses Kyrie. A pass first point would be great for the other players.

It's an okay move. Helps the Jays development but doesn't really add much. I'd prefer they try for a young star on a similar timeline as Tatum/brown if possible

Reaction Score
What do you make of them working out Garland the other day? Smoke? Insurance?
The optimist in me thinks it was preparing for the scenario where Barrett goes 2 and doing their due diligence on Morant vs Garland.

The realist in me says they're overthinking what should be an obvious choice

the Q

Reaction Score
It's an okay move. Helps the Jays development but doesn't really add much. I'd prefer they try for a young star on a similar timeline as Tatum/brown if possible

Deangelo Russell?

Not much out there that fits your description

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom