Lagow back in the fold... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Lagow back in the fold...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No - but it sure sounds like he didn't tell RL to take his NLI and stick it where the Texas sun doesn't shine as you so boldly asserted.
Look man, I am done with this. Technically, it was not my perspective or experience. I was just parroting. Let's leave it at that.

Reaction Score
Welcome to the Dog Pound, Richard, we're glad to have you. :)

Welcome, RL and Family!! I can appreciate taking his time to evaluate his options. I would like to think my son (still in the womb till June) would do the same thing if he wasn't 100% sure.

I also would like to say, in my opinion, Irish Loop won first prize for his opinion and how he approached this particular board-implosion. Honorable mention to Fishy.

Reaction Score
Look man, I am done with this. Technically, it was not my perspective or experience. I was just parroting. Let's leave it at that.

Yeah, Kyle Lagow was nice to you in some PM's so you ran publicly with the idea that PP lacks integrity. And now that you've been proven wrong, instead of offering up a mea culpa, you come up with this bizarre defense that all of sudden people think PP can do no wrong.

You're very weird in a creepy kind of way. Whaler took on Kyle Lagow like nobody else here did. And because you hung out with him and he was nice to you once......you defend him while blasting others who weren't nearly as harsh on him as Whaler was.

Bizarre.

pj

Reaction Score
Jimmy, come on. It's a happy day. Let's leave the internecine squabbling and celebrate Richard Lagow's arrival in the UConn Family.

Reaction Score
Jimmy, come on. It's a happy day. Let's leave the internecine squabbling and celebrate Richard Lagow's arrival in the UConn Family.

Nobody is happier that Lagow is signing with us than I am. The weeks leading into NSD I made my feelings known about where I stood with Lagow in a thread that I started.

My problem is people who publicly rip the staff and question their ethics and integrity on our message boards.

Reaction Score
Nobody is happier that Lagow is signing with us than I am. The weeks leading into NSD I made my feelings known about where I stood with Lagow in a thread that I started.

My problem is people who publicly rip the staff and question their ethics and integrity on our message boards.

There are times when the phrase: "circle the wagons" can be very appropriate. Regardless of what's actually been happening inside, things happen, when you need to circle the wagons.

The University of Connecticut, and it's representatives, did absolutely nothing wrong in this situation, and as I've said multiple times, in multiple places, I'm excited for the athletic offices to receive a returned NLI signed by all parties required to sign.

Because that will mean, that all options and courses of action have been reviewed, and that all are in agreement that the best decision for all involved has been reached.

The addition of Lagow to the 2013 class, and the fall 2013 roster, will give us a stockpile of five scholarship quarterbacks, that we haven't had, well - ever - in division 1.

They are not ideally stacked class wise, but that's not the current regime's fault.

Reaction Score
Welcome to the Uconn Family. A little dysfunctional, but a family none the less.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I agree.

zls44Knows He Should Shut Up

Message Count:

This may be worthy of an undertitle. Mods?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
This should never have been allowed by this online community of fans, to drag out this far, the way it did. There were only five Carl's, huskynation's, whaler's, and sportsart's, and huskyfandan's that tried everything to get this thing to go away and called BS.

That's not exactly fair...Some didn't participate or engage the presumed poster. Many (myself included) posted on the NLI and the BvLvC thread, but once it was reasonably known that said poster was who he was, did not engage him.

Now that he is presumably about to sign, I'm happy that UConn has increased depth at QB (just as I'm happy that Bennett improves depth on the line), but there are five other QBs on this team. Lets not hand an untested true freshman the reigns at 3:31.

Reaction Score
This should never have been allowed by this online community of fans, to drag out this far, the way it did. There were only five Carl's, huskynation's, whaler's, and sportsart's, and huskyfandan's that tried everything to get this thing to go away and called BS.

Next time, if there is a next time, there should be five thousand Carl's, huskynation's, whaler's, and sportsart's, and dan's calling BS and telling a poster to cut the and take the game somewhere else. This whole thing has shown that we are indeed a brand new football program at the level we're at.

It's got nothing to do with being respectful to a poster, claiming to be someone, on an anonymous message board. Regardless of whether or not identities are true or not.

It's got everythign to do with understanding what football recruiting is about, and what national signing day really means, and what an NLI really means for a division 1 college football player and being respectful of everyone that actually does sign it.

The poster by the end was even trying to get fans to stop, and focus on the class, and I'm grateful finally just went away. I'm not happy about the whole thing, because there was a major distraction to the kids that actually did sign on that day, but I'm hopeful that it will be a good learning experience for the fan base.

Again, I look forward to the signed letter.

Signing day, is the day that high school football players get to be celebrated for what they've done, and what they have the opportunity to do in the future. It's the time for college football program fans, to recognize the new players they have coming into the family, and recognize what they've done to get there.

it's their day to shine - the signee's, and only the signee's, because the majority of them, aren't going to be seen in any other significant way by fans, for a couple years thereafter.

I hope that all the fans here, remember that in the future.
This may be the most over-the-top hogwash I've ever read in my life.
Look, I'm sure some people would like to hop in that new time machine once UConn finishes building it and change some things that were written.
But forgive me and apparently others for not knowing that all the recruits were refreshing their computers and pounding anti-depressents when the Signing Day thread turned more and more into a Lagow thread. That somehow we have robbed them of the most important day of their lives and that they (or perhaps more pathetically "we") will never get those special moments back.
I mean come on man. Is there someone on this site who every year prints off the Signing Day thread, place it in a very nice leatherbound notebook and mails it to all the families of the kids who signed here?
And even if this magically happened, isn't it enough that these kids had their own threads that went on for days sometimes after they verbally committed to the school?
Look, you said a few days ago that the Lagow's 15 minutes were up. Actually, the 16th minute is about to start at 3:30. Maybe your pennance for being wrong should be to avoid all Lagow threads for the next 24 hours.

Reaction Score
I was completely wrong to suggest that the 15 minutes were up. Correct. I've always said that a backup QB position is the most popular position on the team. If celebrity was desired, celebrity definitely has been achieved.

But if you think that national signing day, isnt' what I said it is, that it isn't as important as I said it is, for the families, for the players, for the true college football fans of a program, I don't know what to tell you, except that this whole thing continues to make me very disappointed in our fan base.

and yes, you are right, nothing written around here actually matters at all.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

Next time, if there is a next time, there should be five thousand Carl's, huskynation's, whaler's, and sportsart's, and dan's calling BS and telling a poster to cut the and take the game somewhere else. This whole thing has shown that we are indeed a brand new football program at the level we're at.

It's got nothing to do with being respectful to a poster, claiming to be someone, on an anonymous message board. Regardless of whether or not identities are true or not.

It's got everythign to do with understanding what football recruiting is about, and what national signing day really means, and what an NLI really means for a division 1 college football player and being respectful of everyone that actually does sign it.

The poster by the end was even trying to get fans to stop, and focus on the class, and I'm grateful finally just went away. I'm not happy about the whole thing, because there was a major distraction to the kids that actually did sign on that day, but I'm hopeful that it will be a good learning experience for the fan base.

Signing day, is the day that high school football players get to be celebrated for what they've done, and what they have the opportunity to do in the future. It's the time for college football program fans, to recognize the new players they have coming into the family, and recognize what they've done to get there.

it's their day to shine - the signee's, and only the signee's, because the majority of them, aren't going to be seen in any other significant way by fans, for a couple years thereafter.

Who was the only person directly threatened with banning over this incident?

Oh, yeah. It was you. The admins had to specifically call out you to shut up.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Fishy to Carl:

"STFU. Not one more word.

You're too duck*ing stupid to be dispensing advice. "

Reactions: THC
Reaction Score
Yes. Someone else will be gone. But they may have been gone already.
Looking fwd to seeing the official Spring Roster next month... And even after that we'll see more roster movement (attrition)

Reaction Score
Where were we on scholly count? Does this come at the expense of someone else? Just curious.
We can get him into this years recruiting class, but we are well over the 85 limit for the start of camp, so yes, one more veteran will now have to be talked into leaving the program

Reaction Score
I think this is good news. If he is in camp in August, QB's will be fighting for places on the depth chart. Better man win, lesser men sit or move on. It's a business.

Of course, whichever of this year's QBs Do not get to play, we can look forward to an unnamed poster telling us those who lose the job were not given fair chances. But it is what it is.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
We can get him into this years recruiting class, but we are well over the 85 limit for the start of camp, so yes, one more veteran will now have to be talked into leaving the program

I don't think we will have to talk anyone into leaving the program. Has there ever been a year when we didn't lose at least one player to academics/transfer/suspension/injury/giving up/etc between January and August? I doubt it. There is just a natural attrition that you need to plan for.

Reaction Score
I don't think we will have to talk anyone into leaving the program. Has there ever been a year when we didn't lose at least one player to academics/transfer/suspension/injury/giving up/etc between January and August? I doubt it. There is just a natural attrition that you need to plan for.
We are not talking about one player. We are talking about at least five, which is more than we are likely to lose without helping people out the door.

Reaction Score
Maybe this coming year's QB group will help put some real competition into the position. We did start a red shirt junior walk on a couple years ago with back ups of a real freshman and a red shirt freshman who is a pro style QB only in one beat writers eyes.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
We are not talking about one player. We are talking about at least five, which is more than we are likely to lose without helping people out the door.

If all of the signing class actually comes to campus in August. But between the natural attrition on our current roster, and a a recruit or two gray-shirting, I think we will be fine.

Reaction Score

Stop it. Just stop it.

Reaction Score
This might be the best collection of young arms on one team since Seaver, Koosman, Ryan, Gentry, and McGraw. Are we going with a 5 man rotation or 6?

Hopefully one of these guys is a program changer like Flutie or RG3. We have more QB talent then the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom