Lady Vols Reputation Takes A Hit... Ouch! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Lady Vols Reputation Takes A Hit... Ouch!

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Surely this is a joke! This is coming from the same guy who tore off Andre Gurode's helmet and then twice stomped on his head causing a gash in his head which required numerous stitches to close. What load of bovine scatology! He also was given a $100 M contract for which he did nothing but walk off with the guaranteed money. Yeahhhhh! I'm not believing what this guy has to say. At 6'6" 350 lbs she is abusing him?! Too funny!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It is funny, but Haynesworth spent a fairly disastrous couple of months with the Patriots, so we did get to see him "up close and personal." And I gained a lot of respect for (as well as completely lost patience with) him. He's a completely erratic, but highly sensitive and intelligent person who very clearly follows the beat of a very, very distant drummer. I gotta say, I believe nothing and everything he says!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Well I believe that if you listed the litany of issues all those folks associated with Tenn and Summit as actually associated with Geno and UCONN, you'd see SCREAMS coming from VolNation badmouthing Geno with equal amounts of vigor and contempt. While I agree Pat is not to blame (certainly not for the actions of others), there are too many reports to chalk it up to "1 bad egg". I agree - it tarnishes her legacy. And I agree - a trainwreck...
No doubt Eric, no doubt, but Vol fans are a special breed and their tendency toward reactionary hate toward Geno is their problem, not ours. But Pat coached a long time and certainly there are more success storied than failures. So for every Brittany Johnson, there probably is a Kara Lawson to "cancel it out" if you will.

Have to say that I still read your handle and think "EricLa, who the heck is that... [pause]... ooohhh, Ericsandiago ......:oops:

CL82

Reaction Score
At 6'6" 350 lbs she is abusing him?! Too funny!
You are suggesting that he should have gone full Ray Rice on her?

I appreciate his restraint.

Reaction Score
Hopefully, they settled this mess........Can't get involved.........

CL82

Reaction Score
Yeah, no UCONN fan would ever have "reactionary hate" toward TENN and Pat. :rolleyes:

Straw man argument. :rolleyes:

Having visited both this site and the old pre-paywall Summitt, I feel pretty comfortable in saying this site shows much more respect for Coach Summitt and her contribution to woman's basketball than the checkerboard ever did toward Geno and UConn.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You know I don't think it does. I have my issues with Coach Summitt's behavior but you really can't place any of that at her feet. Not even Tyler, really.
I agree...in any large group-family, alum, etc there are going to be some bad apples. Also, me and my siblings were raised the same but were very different people. I've seen many families with good kids and bad. Parents always seem to be blamed for bad children. Sometimes that's the case, other times it's not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Surely this is a joke! This is coming from the same guy who tore off Andre Gurode's helmet and then twice stomped on his head causing a gash in his head which required numerous stitches to close. What load of bovine scatology! He also was given a $100 M contract for which he did nothing but walk off with the guaranteed money. Yeahhhhh! I'm not believing what this guy has to say. At 6'6" 350 lbs she is abusing him?! Too funny!
Many men are abused but few talk about it... and in many cases they couldn't easily defended themselves but don't hit women.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
You are suggesting that he should have gone full Ray Rice on her?

I appreciate his restraint.

Everyone is assuming that he is telling the truth regarding Jackson. Of course her rep lends a bit of credence to the story. But understand there is also an ongoing child support battle going on between the two of them. From what I've read about him, he is an undisciplined brute. Just read his WIKI page and his recent twitter posts regarding this matter where he addresses his followers as . Not a nice person, and I would dispute the intelligent, sensitive opinion.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Everyone is not assuming he's telling the truth, although posters on the LadyVol site have over the years noted that Jackson is a "piece of the work". Well, two pieces of work from my seat. I just know that if it were Geno's basketball scions causing so much ruckus the long knives would be out everywhere. Besides, how would it look if a 350 lb man struck a 175 lbs (or so) woman, even in self defense? He'd crush her head in. But yeah, as one poster on the LV site said they should stay married to each other so they'd never inflict themselves on other people.

CL82

Reaction Score
Everyone is assuming that he is telling the truth regarding Jackson.
Can't speak for everyone, but I am for the time being. I'm sure her side will come out soon enough. Right now, the fact that he made multiple police reports in against her supports his position.

But really, I don't have a dog in this hunt.

Reaction Score
This type of "news" annoys me.

Agreed FairView. This is sad news.... Very sad.... and not connected to LV basketball program..... or shouldn't be from a news headline point anyway..... it is about 2 individuals who have had their issues.... and I hope they can work things through eventually for the sake of the kid at least......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom