Lady Vols Reputation Takes A Hit... Ouch! | The Boneyard

Lady Vols Reputation Takes A Hit... Ouch!

Reaction Score
I can see her using racial slurs, given where she was ( the south ), but being physically abusive to one of the toughest guys in the NFL? zi guess he was too much of a gentleman to strike back?

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I still remember Jackson for one of the more impressive three-pointers ever made. If you remember the shot you know what I'm talking about. One might normally think I'm talking about a deep one but it's the exact opposite. She was behind the line following forward took a shot and was well within the line when she landed, so far in nobody could believe it was a three-pointer.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
She's part of a growing posse of ex vols with behavior problems. Then again, we're only hearing one side of the story. From what I read they both have "issues."

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I still remember Jackson for one of the more impressive three-pointers ever made. If you remember the shot you know what I'm talking about. One might normally think I'm talking about a deep one but it's the exact opposite. She was behind the line following forward took a shot and was well within the line when she landed, so far in nobody could believe it was a three-pointer.

Oh I remember the shot. It was near the end of the 2003 championship game in Atlanta, a prayer from the top of the key that banked in. I remember Geno laughing after it went in.

Reaction Score
Seem to recall her sitting out the Philly Final with an injury. Do I have to right person??

Reaction Score
I can see her using racial slurs, given where she was ( the south ), but being physically abusive to one of the toughest guys in the NFL? zi guess he was too much of a gentleman to strike back?
Nah, he wasn't one of the toughest guys in the NFL. He was mentally soft, that's why he washed out of the league after the Redskins were stupid enough to give him the huge $100M contract.

Reaction Score
Right!! Ace Clement. Thought at the time that was a big blow, but we were playing in Geno's back yard and we had Diana> Case closed!!!!!:)
:):)

Reaction Score
No way to spin that in a good way. Still, it was a long time ago involving people who are not currently part of the LVol "family".

"Lady Vol for life" I've read that at least a thousand times.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Oh I remember the shot. It was near the end of the 2003 championship game in Atlanta, a prayer from the top of the key that banked in. I remember Geno laughing after it went in.
Yes! I was struggling to recall the location but Atlanta is correct.

Reaction Score
Some in the Vol Nation are becoming militant & threatening in defending Pat Summitt's reputation as Lady Vol bad behavior occurs. Added to Jackson's difficulties are Glory Johnson vs Griner, Holdsclaw and her pistol, and Tyler Summitt's antics. Kind of takes the luster of Pat's reputation of being a role model life lessons provider.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Some in the Vol Nation are becoming militant & threatening in defending Pat Summitt's reputation as Lady Vol bad behavior occurs. Added to Jackson's difficulties are Glory Johnson vs Griner, Holdsclaw and her pistol, and Tyler Summitt's antics. Kind of takes the luster of Pat's reputation of being a role model life lessons provider.
You know I don't think it does. I have my issues with Coach Summitt's behavior but you really can't place any of that at her feet. Not even Tyler, really.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
You know I don't think it does. I have my issues with Coach Summitt's behavior but you really can't place any of that at her feet. Not even Tyler, really.
Well I believe that if you listed the litany of issues all those folks associated with Tenn and Summit as actually associated with Geno and UCONN, you'd see SCREAMS coming from VolNation badmouthing Geno with equal amounts of vigor and contempt. While I agree Pat is not to blame (certainly not for the actions of others), there are too many reports to chalk it up to "1 bad egg". I agree - it tarnishes her legacy. And I agree - a trainwreck...

Reaction Score
This incident in any way does not tarnish Pat Summits legacy! All of those incidents were after they left Tennessee. Unless all of us are so perfect in our own lives. IMO this is none of our business!

Reaction Score
Well, I would say that the "Lady Vol's" reputation took a hit, rather than the "Lady Vols" reputation. As in, this specific Vol's reputation took a hit. I feel confident in saying that what people do in their relationships after leaving campus is entirely on them, not their old athletics program.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
He wasn't the only one! We were there. I fell off my seat laughing and repeating over and over, "it went in???"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom