LA Has To Take Paige | The Boneyard

LA Has To Take Paige

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A new short video tells you why. I just like people talking about her superstar capability. I like this guy.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Selfishly I'd love to see her in LA so i'd be able to catch her games. But really she should go to Minnesota... Ultimately it will depend on how all the teams do this coming season so they will average the next 2. I don't see Paige leaving after this year at all.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Selfishly I'd love to see her in LA so i'd be able to catch her games. But really she should go to Minnesota... Ultimately it will depend on how all the teams do this coming season so they will average the next 2. I don't see Paige leaving after this year at all.
Some times I think she is toying with the opposition. She is just so much better than everyone she plays against.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Stay or go? I have no sense of how it will be. Either way it will make quite an impact. I'd love her to stay. If our girls were not in the WNBA I would not pay it any attention.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
If Paige comes out to the WNBA...why wouldn't she go to the Lynx...she is a natural in that market.

Reaction Score
If Paige comes out to the WNBA...why wouldn't she go to the Lynx...she is a natural in that market.
;) She's a natural in any market! But if she comes out I want her in LA.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
She really should. She could play in the pros today. You watch her the past couple of weeks and realize how much better she is than everyone else in the college game.
On the other hand what she would make as a pro isn't material when compared to what she is already making in NIL. And while her NIL won't just dry up and blow away if she were to turn pro, her salary won't materially impact her lifestyle.

But there will be plenty of time to talk about "should she stay or should she go" after the season. Transfer talk is prohibited by board rules. I'm not sure whether or not that expressly includes "going pro" talk, but, particularly during the season, I've always been out of mind too enjoy the kids while they're here rather than worrying about what will happen after the end of the season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Um, doesn't she make more in NIL than she could make in the W?
Hearing this talking point being used by sports pundits to justify staying another year is frustrating. I'm starting to wonder if some are saying this for selfish reasons because their outlets benefit from having players like Bueckers and Clark playing one more year of college ball (e.g. Wilbon at ESPN).

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
IMO, whether Paige stays another year or heads to the W will not be based on NIL or which team is likely to draft her. I think her decision will come down to whether or not she wants to make one more run at a national championship with her teammates, particularly Azzi, with the hope that both she and Azzi would be healthy for the entire season, something we really haven’t experienced in the 3 seasons they have played together.

Reaction Score
The best players want to play against the best players. It will be a difficult decision for someone as competitive as Paige. I think a lot may depend on whether she feels physically strong enough yet; the WNBA is getting more physical , and the players quicker, every year.

Reaction Score
Um, doesn't she make more in NIL than she could make in the W?
Not if she is drafted by a big city team, like LA. She would have the opportunity to accelerate her overall brand, not just get some advertisement money.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
'Cause that's not the way a draft works?
When the WNBA first came into being there were “territorial draft picks” which is how Rebecca ended up in NYC. Unfortunately, those picks are long gone.

But if territorial picks still existed, which team could legitimately lay claim to Paige: Minnesota where she grew up, CT where she plays now, or DC where her mother currently lives?

Reaction Score
I think Paige will have a wonderful time whoever drafts her. Except maybe Dallas :D Oh, ok, maybe Dallas, too. There's great BBQ and Vietnamese food there.

Reaction Score
When the WNBA first came into being there were “territorial draft picks” which is how Rebecca ended up in NYC. Unfortunately, those picks are long gone.

But if territorial picks still existed, which team could legitimately lay claim to Paige: Minnesota where she grew up, CT where she plays now, or DC where her mother currently lives?
Her father lives in Clarksburg, MD, about 30 miles outside DC. Mother lives in Billings, Montana.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr